Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is Harvey starting? Did Rennie not see Teibert playing Left back with the U-23s? Can we not give Klazura a go? His play is shocking, and what is worse, Kansas City was seemingly targeting him, as most attacks came down his side. Not surprising, he played a part in the goals against.

Otherwise we generated some exciting opportunities, too bad our single goal was offside, and our best chance was a great chip from KC's centre back on his own keeper. At least Rennie made it interesting in the end, finishing with pretty much a 3-2-5 with Salgado, Camilo, Le Toux, Hassli and Long Tan all on the pitch. Easy to hate KC, I didn't think they were really the better team on the day, lots of diving, rolling, death curtling cries and very sudden recoveries. I wish they would use the Jumbotron to replay the dives to really get the crowd fired up, instead of focusing on the sap who jumps, twirls, and leads the Southsiders.

Pretty decent showing from a couple other supporter groups in the Stadium as well. Raincouver?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wish they would use the Jumbotron to replay the dives to really get the crowd fired up, instead of focusing on the sap who jumps, twirls, and leads the Southsiders... they're doing their best.. why you got to be like that?

PPS.. why is DeMerit ever near a dead ball? Ever?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is Harvey starting? Did Rennie not see Teibert playing Left back with the U-23s? Can we not give Klazura a go? His play is shocking, and what is worse, Kansas City was seemingly targeting him, as most attacks came down his side. Not surprising, he played a part in the goals against.

Otherwise we generated some exciting opportunities, too bad our single goal was offside, and our best chance was a great chip from KC's centre back on his own keeper. At least Rennie made it interesting in the end, finishing with pretty much a 3-2-5 with Salgado, Camilo, Le Toux, Hassli and Long Tan all on the pitch. Easy to hate KC, I didn't think they were really the better team on the day, lots of diving, rolling, death curtling cries and very sudden recoveries. I wish they would use the Jumbotron to replay the dives to really get the crowd fired up, instead of focusing on the sap who jumps, twirls, and leads the Southsiders.

Pretty decent showing from a couple other supporter groups in the Stadium as well. Raincouver?

Who is the group of about 20 in the south end on the other corner flag? The guy with the megaphone just says a name and go's DO DO "CAMILO DO DO DO CAMILO DO DO DO" I am all for cheering and I enjoy the southsiders, but if you're going to do it, do it loud and right and be creative, more than DO DO insert name, But i do like there passion for the caps, their material just needs a telethon of work.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought KC outclassed Vancouver from start to (almost) finish, with the exception being when they became a bit unhinged after conceding late... I thoroughly enjoyed their brand of soccer, and didnt see any diving or rolling around that would lead me to accuse them of being worse than, say, Chumiento and Camilo... They move the ball quickly and effectively, and put lots of physical pressure on the ball on the defensive side... Way more creative than anything Vancouver did...

I really dont know why the Caps dont play their kids... Salgado comes on, makes a play, boom its in the net... its 3-0 with 30 minutes left - why not give him the full time? Giving him 10 minutes of garbage time is idiotic...

As for the D, I thought Bonjour was the worst of a subpar lot. First goal he lost a header, and then left his man who got the ball back and scored. Second goal went in off his titties, and the third goal no one stayed with Kamara in the middle for pace... Im not saying its all him, but fcuk was he brutal today...

Nielsen reminded me of Mugatu from Zoolander, especially when he went on that zany tantrum of a run to protest the goal to the AR... And it was nice to see the crowd completely hose down Teal Bunbury when he came on in the 2nd half...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Le Toux's goal was 100% onside. Myers was keeping him on after he failed to deal with Salgado and then stood watching everything unfold. Correct decision from the officials despite Nielsen spazzing at them.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought KC outclassed Vancouver from start to (almost) finish, with the exception being when they became a bit unhinged after conceding late... I thoroughly enjoyed their brand of soccer, and didnt see any diving or rolling around that would lead me to accuse them of being worse than, say, Chumiento and Camilo... They move the ball quickly and effectively, and put lots of physical pressure on the ball on the defensive side... Way more creative than anything Vancouver did...

Not so much diving, but as soon as there was a foul it looked like there was sniper in section 230 blowing legs off, especially number 16 and 15. Hassli needs to stop being such a drama queen himself and Chumiento and Camilo really need to stop the diving its embarrassing.

I really dont know why the Caps dont play their kids... Salgado comes on, makes a play, boom its in the net... its 3-0 with 30 minutes left - why not give him the full time? Giving him 10 minutes of garbage time is idiotic... Couldn't agree more, he has alot of talent outside and actually crosses the ball. Which I thought the whitecaps did more of last night than they have all year.

As for the D, I thought Bonjour was the worst of a subpar lot. First goal he lost a header, and then left his man who got the ball back and scored. Second goal went in off his titties, and the third goal no one stayed with Kamara in the middle for pace... Im not saying its all him, but fcuk was he brutal today...

Harvey is just a block of swiss cheese out there. Please come back Rochat.

Nielsen reminded me of Mugatu from Zoolander, especially when he went on that zany tantrum of a run to protest the goal to the AR... And it was nice to see the crowd completely hose down Teal Bunbury when he came on in the 2nd half...

Nielsen is a putz "you look good in fuschia" priceless chant. Oh and the KC Cauldron did well for the little section they had, but have no original chants, but good on them for coming this far to support.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jacob Lensky on trial with the caps. I don't see this ending well but hope for the best. I think the routine and passion it takes to train and play day in and day out will once again be to much. For anyone that knows how he grew up, living back at home around perhaps the most passionate and demanding soccer father in the Canada can't help his chances. Hopefully he can find love for the game.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...a92mQI6UDnT8sf0MQ&sig2=Qp74_CIZFRMxNDCC3nuksw

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the big man came up roses yesterday, eh?

Awesome second half by the Caps!

Koffie MOTM but Eric stole the show...

Last edited:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Koffie was fantastic! Despite all the ragging Whitecaps supporters do on Tommy Soehn, we have to give him credit for unearthing this kid at a tournament in Ghana a couple years back.

One of the more exciting Caps games this season. Although, I have to say the defending was pretty shocking on both sides... YP Lee miles away from Wondo, and then how the fcuk does the SJ backline let Hassli get that open... twice?!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see they've got a backline that's solid, most of the time now with DeMerit, Bonjour, Rochat, and Lee.
Pretty dependable and calm. YP's patience in the 6 near the end with the ball and instead of just booting it out, waits and lays an easy ball out wide to another player.

I feel like they should be higher in the standings tho after the last few games:

[h=3]western Conference[/h]
# Club PTSGPWLTGFGAGDHomeAwayLast 5
1 San Jose Earthquakes 22 10 7 2 1 21 11 10 4-1-0 3-1-1 T-W-W-W-L
2 Real Salt Lake 22 11 7 3 1 18 12 6 5-1-0 2-2-1 L-L-T-W-W
3 Seattle Sounders FC 19 8 6 1 1 11 3 8 5-1-0 1-0-1 T-W-W-W-W
4 Vancouver Whitecaps FC 17 9 5 2 2 9 7 2 3-1-1 2-1-1 L-L-W-W-W
5 Colorado Rapids 12 9 4 5 0 13 12 1 3-1-0 1-4-0 L-L-L-W-L
6 FC Dallas 12 9 3 3 3 10 12 -2 3-0-2 0-3-1 W-W-L-T-T
7 LA Galaxy 10 9 3 5 1 11 14 -3 2-3-1 1-2-0 W-W-T-L-L
8 Chivas USA 9 9 3 6 0 5 11 -6 0-5-0 3-1-0 W-W-L-L-L
9 Portland Timbers 8 9 2 5 2 9 13 -4 2-2-1 0-3-1 L-L-W-L-T

Status