Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Whitecaps Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
the very well paid comment was more a shot at Hassli's ticket and Camilo's re-negotiated ticket...

as for conceding, I dont know that they want to be relying on Chumiento being in position to help clear balls off the line all that much...

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do not think it is possible that Camillo, Hassli, and Le Toux can play at the same time. Simply, it does not work. Two of them yes but there is no room for all of them (at the same time). There is a speed that is missing in that forward line.

Also, can't wait to see that midfielder from Scotland to arrive in July. You do not need to be a soccer expert to notice that Chiumiento will never be the brain of the team. Simply, he is not that kind of a player. Yes, he is showing some effort, you can see that he wants but he simply cannot be that "guy in the middle".

While defence was quite good in the first two games they were brutal against DC United. Just to many mistakes which DC did not know how to punish. Luckily, Cannon has been very, very good!

Anyway, I am very happy with 7 points so far, no goals allowed in 3 games which is impressive but we all can see that this is still not the team to make a big difference this year.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps 0-0 Philli Union

Well we still are undefeated and still haven't given up a goal, but we certainly didn't look like an undefeated team. I thought we started off very shaky and our main bright spot in the first half was attiba's through ball to le toux, which was a solid save by a rushing keeper. Was it just me or did le toux look to slow down before he got there? The second half we looked better and had more chances, le toux again missing all alone inside the box, what happened there??? Our solid defending really showed in the last 15 as we parked the bus and really held on for that tie. We will really have to improve next weekend to steal points from san jose.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I loved how the commentators were busy fawning over YP Lee's wide crosses... am I missing something, or has every one of those thus far been right on the foot of a defender, every game? Dont get me wrong, I like what I've seen of him, but in terms of strengths thus far, that ain't it...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too much fawning in general. Schaad is the worst for it. Spada must be making a killing on all these Caps draws.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
YP is brilliant at the back, but his crosses haven't been good at all, how can you lump a ball on a clearance but you cant lump a ball across a box? Still happy with our start, we could have got some better results but so be it, they aren't losses. No camilio, hassli either last game, but we need to sharped up for SJ and KC.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps 0-0 Philli Union
...was attiba's through ball to le toux, which was a solid save by a rushing keeper.

That was extremely poor finishing by Le Toux! Even amateurs know that in such situation you should move the ball wide, to the left side (not forward into a rushing goalkeeper). If he moved the ball to the left, he would be fouled, straight red card for a keeper (most likely). If the keeper would not touch him, he'd have an open net!

Then, later on, he was surprised by "not being in an offside position" so he missed! If he continues being so "focused" in front of the net then we will know why Union sent him to Whitecaps for money allocation/consideration.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure thing RL. I guess you've knocked it wide left your whole life that's why you made it, right? That was a good move by the keeper. He timed it right or else yellow card at least. As for the second chance I don't buy the offside and rushing his shot. He made a bad second touch if you watch the highlights on MLS and the keeper was out quickly. Again good play by the keeper but poor touch.

Le Toux will be fine but the Caps need some proper wingers/mids if you are going to play the way they are playing. Chiumiento can't play out wide and neither can Camillo and Koffie is a DM. Robson might help going forward but I'm not expecting him to stand out. Nobody on the Caps can knock a freaking ball in this year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terma I do agree with you. In my opinion most of the players are over tatchng the ball. In todays game second half was last due to induidiual play for most and very little angle play.Little guys gets knocked off of the ball far tomany times.
Keepping is a bigger problem than the rest. I hope they prove me wrong.
We will see what they do at home. Team it self is better this year over all.
One bad game is nothing as long as the bounce back.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jordan harvey was absolutely shocking. Man did we ever miss Rochat.

Agreed.How to you leave Mr. October :rolleyes, alone? Where's Wondo? He's at the back post scoring another goal. He did a hell of a job getting position on DeMerit tho to get his first goal, i'll give him that.

Hassli needs to take less low percentage shots and look for LeToux instead. A couple of his shots were ambitious. And some of his first touches were aweful.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Terma I do agree with you again. DeMerit spends lots of time fighting with ref and forgets what his job is. Back five hold no shape. They are all over the place. Good teams will get to them. Rochet is needed against good clubs. Coach head to change Eric in about 65 minute. We need bit more one two passing in a last third of the other team.
Little guys takes the ball in a dead end zone and than turns it over under presure. Longtan is way better player than he gets a credit for. He is faster than Hassli. Hassli's game went away. If he sits a bit he will figure it out.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
...we did just break the record for longest shut out streak to open the season. Our shape has generally been pretty solid the last few games. Harvey is not good enough, and was taken advantage of for the 3rd goal. Wondo, one of the leading scorers in the league made a good run and beat Demerit who lost focus. Their second goal was a pretty great header.

Don't think the wheels have fallen off. Thought Hassli looked better, and liked him taking shots. Our offense looked much better in the first half. Would like to see Thorrington and Harvey starting on the bench, and would rather see Camilo/Haris/Teibert out wide. Koffie needs to find his form from last season.

Most shocking part of watching the game Saturday is the Sportsnet broadcast. BRUTAL. Why they feel the need to pan the crowd, focus on coaches or single players while the game is going is beyond me. Real nice seeing Frank Yallops mug for 10 seconds instead of throw in and build up to the first goal live.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes he lost focus dutch but he had time to get in behind him again and instead went to try and knock the ball away and it skipped by him and off went Wondo. I agree with trying some speed out wide. What about the rookie Mattocks, isn't he supposed to be fast? Why not give him a run instead of playing Thorrington, Koffie and Watson out wide.

And yes the sportsnet crew is shocking. For any of you old guys, is Dolan that cheerful/monotonous when he plays as well?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mattocks burned himself cooking and has just recently been released from hospital, otherwise you would have seen him playing minutes his season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I know many STHers stayed away to watch the Caps... what a shite show for those of us at BC Place tonight. Shite going fwd, slow at the back, nothing once agin in the middle of the park. Who is Hassli? An embarassing evening for all. Thank goodness for the Nucks.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
While I know many STHers stayed away to watch the Caps... what a shite show for those of us at BC Place tonight. Shite going fwd, slow at the back, nothing once agin in the middle of the park. Who is Hassli? An embarassing evening for all. Thank goodness for the Nucks.

The first two goals were lucky bounces, it happens ( usually to us) shitty i know. The 3rd was a bad defensive lap. Going forward wasnt as bad as it could have been. Le Toux should have shot in the first 10 instead of a through ball inside the 18. Hassli needs discipline he was awful tonight, he has so much talent but has been wasting it away on stupid fouls and crying. I thought we deserved 2 pks tonight, but were unlucky to get them and that Salgado did more in 10 minutes as a winger than anyone has done this season on the outside. Last 20 we were unlucky not to have a couple more go our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0