Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, as usual so humble in victory.. I was unfortunatley stuck at work today, but the match reports I got, were pretty close to the Conductors, with maybe WV having a little bit more of the play. Some of those reports came from WV club members, go figure.

At least you didnt find my old team the cake walk you were expecting.

Eagles, expect the U Vic guys to screw WV, and schedule the game for Saturday at either noon, or 4pm at PISE. Horrible to get too, and your either on the 7:00am boat, or hang around all day waiting. How many body's will be missing due to family commitments?

Good Luck to WV, especially the old DCR guys.

Congrats to the Cv guys, especially old Coveside, and DCR guys.Heard I missed a great reunion of old Covesiders:mad::(

Very pissed off that I had to work today, and couldnt even sneak away to watch.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey assman ,we did play against each other a few times , just beacuse you lost to columbus ,a few yrs ago when all poco ( you did on take the piss) did was brag that they were going to win the bc's and that it was like the day the earth stood still when columbus beat you in pk with one man down for the whole extra time,dont hate the player hate the game.
when you did play columbus (this time) you only made two subs . YOU PLAY YOUR TOP 11 TILL YOU ARE AHEAD BY 3 OR MORE, THATS WHY A FEW PLAYERS LEFT YOUR TEAM AS THEY WERENT PLAYING.... welll your season comes to a end this wknd westside by 4 over poco , see you on the golf course

Wow indeed. Are you angry at SirM or Assman?
Your details above are incorrect, especially the one where we bragged about winning the BC's.
Not sure we only made 2 subs, but sure OK. I'm guessing you guys made more. Congrats.

Possibly next years rubber match will be just as entertaining!
Are we done now discussing Columbus and Poco past and present?

Lets move on shall we?

This weekends SemFinal games:

Poco vs Westside - Trillium Turf 1:00pm April 29th
UVic vs WestVan - Somewhere on the Island

Congrats to all the quarterfinalists and good luck.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One was on the offside goal that the lino admitted he missed after the game and the second was a really good save by Planks as described. The big goaltender for CV was brilliant, making at least a dozen good saves, especially the one that he parried off of the underside of the bar which actually went in but the lino missed

Sir M, thankfully your team is the reigning BC and Western CDN champs other wise I'm not sure your team could have over came this misses from the LINO?:confused: To think this game was on the North Shore where you guys at least get the benefit of respect from the officials!! Hopefully you guys get the rust off this week in training, other wise we might not only be hereing about the Lino misses but also about the bad Island reffing!! Three of the four seeded teams have advanced with WV knocking out the other seeded team. WV should win, but this game will be close and won only by a goal. Westside with an impressive romp over PA Dragons but will be in tough this weekend. I believe Poco will win by two, but this game will be close and Poco will get this win as they are determined this year. Should be some good games this weekend!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, I never said that the game against the NS Champs at Carson would be easy at all...others did, not us. It was a good game, and the North Shore team represented the league very well.

Conductor, I am sure the NS side has its complaints as well about the refs. Overall, the officiating was fair, and the result was fair.

I would not underestimate Westside one bit though.

Trivia: which Masters team that were beaten by Westside in the BCs did Oliver play for in the past?

Sir M

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I need to know where game is on Saturday - I have a meeting at the Ministry of Ed on Friday - will stay over nite so I can go to match. Captain Shamrock I will throw a good word in for you with the Minister!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hampton Eagles...either noon or 1230 Glasgow on Saturday...negotiations ongoing. Rumour has it that The Watchman may be in attendance! :bronco:

Should be fun getting up at about 5AM for that one.

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confirmed 1230 at Hampton. Bigunit11 or any other VISL guy, is this the same park we played at last year?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok thanks...pot calling the kettle black :)...is that field the huge one off of the left of the highway into town? I think we may have played Vantreights there last year. The Watchman can you advise?

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, the turf field you played at last year I believe is called Finlayson Park....Hampton is the home of Gorge soccer, good thing its not Glasgow....:cool:...a bit of a pasture

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 3-1 Westside
Uvic 3-2 WV

I think WV should go over a night early and spent some quality time at the Sticky Wicket, the early morning travel always puts you down by 1 right off the hop.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three top seeds and one not in the semis this weekend, but the one not are the defending champs, so we should be in for some good games. Tough to make predictions this time of year, but my prediction is that studsup will be wrong on at least one of his predictions.

Sir M

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough to make predictions this time of year, but my prediction is that studsup will be wrong on at least one of his predictions.

Sir M

I agree Sir M that there will be some good games this weekend. I just honestly can't see studsup being wrong on his Poco prediction. Yes Westside will give them a very good game, but I think that Poco will get past this one!! Unless you are talking about his other prediction being wrong?:confused:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what SirM means is that he thinks StudsUp's prediction of WV getting 2 goals is incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0