Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

chemo76

Apr 21, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey jack the ladd and the other poco guy thats on here,
if you do end up winning the cup do you have an asterik next to it as columbus had a valid protest and should have won the protest ,if the coach didnt do what he did.,but had more class to accept #21 proof of age .but as bc soccer has stated -that the poco player did have an invalid card (which means an illegal player) and should have lost the protest, but columbus didnt want to win that way.
i see he played today #21 wonder if he had a new card issused.
why hasnt the manager been sacked lol.
well a walk in the park today but next week poco will lose to westside by 3 as westside has a good fit team and they all use to play with ollie so they will know how to mark him.poco goes only as far as ollie can take them.

I assure you all on here that I was born in 76

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do we have a match report from the UVic/Sapp game?

Good luck to today's games.
For those of you looking to catch a couple of great games

Westside vs PA Dragons 1:00pm Trillium Turf East
CV United vs West Van 12:30 Confederation Turf

Guess you can't really make both at the same time but both are sure to be great games.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone else have any predictions?

Westside
Poco
UVIC
Westvan.

2 for 2 so far.

Yesterday's game against Powell River was a pleasure. MEGS! (not Megs) and his teammates were a great team. Demo had a bit of a play by play already. We got 2 early and put in the 3rd and we thought they'd fold. They scored off a free kick in which dumb and dumber on our backline couldn't clean up. 3-1 and they had some life back in them up until the half.

We put a couple in quick in the second and that sealed it up. They didn't get dirty or cheap and just continued to play.
Very enjoyable match.

Credit to their keeper who made a few great saves early on.

Not sure that the ref we had is a good official for Provincials. Not to say he isn't a good ref, he called a great game but he is well deserved of the nickname "Quick Draw McGraw". Cards were jumping out of his pocket. Instead of just calling fouls and giving free kicks, it was almost automtic foul and a card no matter what.
He can really spoil a team lineup for future provincial games with unnecessary yellows. Had that been a closer and rougher game yesterday, i'm sure we would have seen 4-5 reds and likely 6-8 yellows.

Onto the winner of Westside and PA Dragons.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
CV was up 1-0 and were unfortunate to give up a cheesy PK call that Besty had no chance at getting on his diving header. truth be told he probably had a better chance on his dive at hitting water than getting near the ball. None the less ref called a PK, WV equalized. WV's keeper makes a huge break away save with about 10 minutes to go in the game. WV scored in the first overtime on a great goal and then held on for a 2-1 win. WV could be in tough as they travel to Victoria next game. IMO CV was unlucky not to get the W today. I also truly believe that the only team who may have a chance to knock off Poco would be WV. Westside will give a good game against Poco, but Poco just has too many weapons and can play with skill or brawn. Good luck to the 4 remaining teams!!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
CV had two shots in 120 minutes. One was on the offside goal that the lino admitted he missed after the game and the second was a really good save by Planks as described. The big goaltender for CV was brilliant, making at least a dozen good saves, especially the one that he parried off of the underside of the bar which actually went in but the lino missed: it was the best save I have seen in a long time. WV are slowly rounding into form, but still need to get the rust off.

WV "held on"... lol.

Sir M

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno, the ten game BCs/Western Canadians consectutive win streak is in serious jeopardy if West Van does not pull up their socks.

Sir M.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 7-2 PA Dragons

Never really in doubt as PA were missing some bodies I think. They played GK on the back line for the first half and the early part of the second. They came back with one to make it 2-1 and then Westside started to romp. They scored one late as well.

Now to the much anticipated matchup. I hope Westside can at least make it close and soften them up for WV as they are the only team who really has a chance...

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
CV had two shots in 120 minutes. One was on the offside goal that the lino admitted he missed after the game and the second was a really good save by Planks as described. The big goaltender for CV was brilliant, making at least a dozen good saves, especially the one that he parried off of the underside of the bar which actually went in but the lino missed: it was the best save I have seen in a long time. WV are slowly rounding into form, but still need to get the rust off.

WV "held on"... lol.

Sir M

I don't know what your smoking M, must be some real good stuff. Conductors match report was bang on.

johnny canuck

Apr 18, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enjoy your summer TS.

hey assman ,we did play against each other a few times , just beacuse you lost to columbus ,a few yrs ago when all poco ( you did on take the piss) did was brag that they were going to win the bc's and that it was like the day the earth stood still when columbus beat you in pk with one man down for the whole extra time,dont hate the player hate the game.
when you did play columbus (this time) you only made two subs . YOU PLAY YOUR TOP 11 TILL YOU ARE AHEAD BY 3 OR MORE, THATS WHY A FEW PLAYERS LEFT YOUR TEAM AS THEY WERENT PLAYING.... welll your season comes to a end this wknd westside by 4 over poco , see you on the golf course

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey assman ,we did play against each other a few times , just beacuse you lost to columbus ,a few yrs ago when all poco ( you did on take the piss) did was brag that they were going to win the bc's and that it was like the day the earth stood still when columbus beat you in pk with one man down for the whole extra time,dont hate the player hate the game.
when you did play columbus (this time) you only made two subs . YOU PLAY YOUR TOP 11 TILL YOU ARE AHEAD BY 3 OR MORE, THATS WHY A FEW PLAYERS LEFT YOUR TEAM AS THEY WERENT PLAYING.... welll your season comes to a end this wknd westside by 4 over poco , see you on the golf course
NOT A COACH WHO PLAYS HIS TOP 11?! oh lord say it isn't so. The stupidity and humiliation is to much to much. Poco should forfeit this game.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any word on where the WVFC and Vic game is next weekend? I will be on the island already for work and may have to stay over at the Strathcona to watch the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0