Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BC Mens Provincial A Cup - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
FINAL: Poco FC 1 - 0 Vancouver (UBC) Thunderbirds

#18 Campbell scores in top corner from outside of the 18-yard box.

UBC hit the crossbar from a set piece, then the final whistle sounded.

UBC supposedly looked the better time: they hit the crossbar twice, hit the post once, and had a one-on-one saved by the Poco goalkeeper.

Poco to face North Delta.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The most shocking moment of the Poco game was the post the UBC player hit. Wide open net in front of him no keeper in sight and about 3 yards out, I'm still trying to figure out how the F he missed that. Does that mean he's gonna get cut from the varsity team if those are varsity guys. LOL

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
final: Delta United Hurricanes (VMSL) 2 - 1 Vic West (VISL)

final: West Van FC (VMSL) 2 - 1 Bays United (VISL) after exta time

late in 1H: Gordon Head Applebees (VISL) 1 - 0 Richmond Hibernian (VMSL)

Aztec Ruler

Jun 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
just back from tyndal, Gordon Head and Hibs...entertaining, not quite, but a tale of 2 games. 5 minutes in richmond has a great chance that just slides wide of the post....a few half chances for the head, fairly even half, one thing I noticed right off the bat is Gordon Head has some smallish players who are very quick. Just seconds before the halftime, a tough foul on a very smallish gordon head player gives them a kick inside the half, followed by a floating header from about 20 yards which catchs the hib goalie out of position [either that or it was seeing eyes]...right into the top corner. The first 30 minutes of the 2nd half is played almost totally in the gordon head end with quite a number of corners...if I was to guess they must have had at least 12. On 2 of the corners they had free headers that sailed just over the net. As you can guess gordon head on the counter almost scores, and deep into injury time a free kick is awarded to richmond and the goaler makes a spectacular save just as the final whislte blows. Richmond didn't quite have enough offensive chances outside of the corners and long throws to win.....but they never quit trying to bring their game

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is safe to say that Gordon Head stole one yesterday. Great battle by our lads and an unlucky goal was the difference. Fantastic stop by their young keeper on the final play of the game (he was wearing the exact same nike full yellow banana kit i wore a few years ago, too... might have to dust that one off again... looked sharp). I thought they would come with more offense (they scored 51 goals in 18 league games), but they created very little against us.

At least we still have the Canucks cup run...

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
just back from tyndal, Gordon Head and Hibs...entertaining, not quite, but a tale of 2 games. 5 minutes in richmond has a great chance that just slides wide of the post....a few half chances for the head, fairly even half, one thing I noticed right off the bat is Gordon Head has some smallish players who are very quick. Just seconds before the halftime, a tough foul on a very smallish gordon head player gives them a kick inside the half, followed by a floating header from about 20 yards which catchs the hib goalie out of position [either that or it was seeing eyes]...right into the top corner. The first 30 minutes of the 2nd half is played almost totally in the gordon head end with quite a number of corners...if I was to guess they must have had at least 12. On 2 of the corners they had free headers that sailed just over the net. As you can guess gordon head on the counter almost scores, and deep into injury time a free kick is awarded to richmond and the goaler makes a spectacular save just as the final whislte blows. Richmond didn't quite have enough offensive chances outside of the corners and long throws to win.....but they never quit trying to bring their game

Seeing eyes :(

A tough way for The HIBS to end the year to say the least. We just couldn't finish our dinner in front of goal. Credit to Gordon Head as they defended very well when they had to, especially during the second half. On a personal note, it's even more frustrating to lose in the fashion we did, when you have to end your year playing goal after playing the entire season upfront. :(

Good luck to all the remaining teams.

CICwhoisgutted

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think you would've earned any new pen pals if you played up front yesterday, CIC. I have a feeling they wouldn't have enjoyed your company. :)

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the Draw the Top and Bottom halves should be determined next weekend. Calling Surrey over WV.....AND.... Clanbus over MFW's!

With a Surrey vs Columbus Final! I dont see POCO, North Delta, GH or Delta Utd. vying for a spot in the final.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 4- NDU 0
Surrey U 2 West Van 1 in extra time
M.F. Wolves 3- Columbus 2 in extra time
Delta 2- Gordon Head 1

Not bad, but I wouldn't bet against the Head. They are past proving they are just spoilers, plus RobJ is Delta's manager. I predict another paperwork protest due to RobJ effing up the team sheet. GH by 1, or by protest, either way.

keeper13

Feb 11, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, the Delta one was a hard on to predict, you never know what the Delta boys will be up to the night before the match, but had to go with the home town team on that one. And yes RobJ will screw something up, maybe he will put the team a ferry to Duke Pt. instead of Swartz Bay...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im calling Poco by a converted touch down. Mills said it would happen, in between us talking about matching match balls. Its what we do. Obviously.

Surrey U 2 West Van 1 ( I like it in OT or PK's)

MF 1 - Clan 2

Delta 2 GH 0

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im calling Poco by a converted touch down. Mills said it would happen, in between us talking about matching match balls. Its what we do. Obviously.

Was that at the "How to improve your clerical work" course?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We skimmed that after we batted around how it was possible you could walk around with the incorrect ID for 10 months and not notice.

... despite them being checked every week.

and such.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not bad, but I wouldn't bet against the Head. They are past proving they are just spoilers, plus RobJ is Delta's manager. I predict another paperwork protest due to RobJ effing up the team sheet. GH by 1, or by protest, either way.

You are a dink and a quitter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0