Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Amway Canadian Championship

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here we go, first legs begin tonight...

TFC @ Impact 5:00PM PT
VWFC @ FC Edmonton 7:00PM PT

For tonight, I'll go with a draw between TFC & Montreal... Caps win prevail over Edmonton.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to see what Mattocks has got if he's healthy enough to play tonight. I would also like to see Hassli get in there and get a few goals and help build his confidence. Im thinking a 3-0 win for the Caps. I agree with Regs on the tie for the other game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the Whitecaps FC Gameday notes:

Whitecaps FC Players To Watch

Eric Hassli - Though he’s yet to find the net, Hassli has been helping the ‘Caps come on strong. In their last match, the big man drew the foul that led to Young-Pyo Lee’s winning free kick goal. A physical force, Hassli could be a key to getting the advantage against FC Edmonton.
Alain Rochat - Rochat looks set to return to the field today after an injury in the D.C. United match which has kept him out of the line-up. ‘Caps fans will be happy to see him leading the attack from the back, as he already has one assist in only three appearances so far this season.

Whitecaps FC Injury List
Jun Marques Davidson = adductor (probable)
Etienne Barbara = groin (probable)
Camilo Sanvezzo = quad (probable)
Darren Mattocks = shoulder (out)
Brian Sylvestre = knee (out)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Camilo, Demerit, YP Lee and Watson were left in Vancouver and won't be playing apparently.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Convincing win, shite to watch for long stretches...neither team looked particularly good in possession. Loads of turnovers. Although fce is shite, young Salgado did have a stormer. Nice to see Rochat back also.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps advance 5-1 on AGG.

So we score 3 minutes in and it did not appear to be offside. Camilio looked like bambi on ice out there and its starting to become way to much tbh. after 3 missed free kicks (not even touching the net) I think its time to give someone else ago. But he called everyone off and missed the net 2 more times. Our midfield looked shocking with only spots of decent footy coming from nanchoff in the first half. FINALLY in the 70th minute Le Toux comes in and makes an immediate impact, great touch after a nice switch from chumiento ( who had a decent game, 3 assists!but still needs to release the ball and not hold on so much) Nice to see Mattocks step in there and get a goal, to bad we didnt get to see his speed because everyone held the ball for so friggin long. It was a long night till the 70th minute, glad they gave us something to cheer about. I thought Etienne looked dangerous and would like to see alot more of him in the final. Even with TFC 0-8, were going to have to play alot better if we want to advance.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firstly, that officiating crew were just gash- completely out of their depth.

The Nanchoff goal was very wrongly chocked off. Even if Camilo was adjudged to be offside there was never a chance he was getting on the end of that ball.

Then the Eddies started waterskiing and fouling all over the park, that Kooy guy was shirt tugging and clipping heels all game... how the man in the middle missed that wipe out on Camilo is beyond me. Perhaps him going down softly a lot is coming back to haunt him...because he was clinically fouled on 2-3 occasions last night without drawing a foul.

Anyways I was surprised to see the Caps come out with the lineup they did with Hassli, Dede, Camilo, Demerit etc, and aside from few spells of good possession, everytime the ball came to either Franks or Harvey it was turned over. Those two just aren't good enough.

I'd take that Saiko guy for Floyd Franks every day of the week.

Klazura is also not good enough, he was pretty bad for most of the game, and what's with that haircut and hairband? Does he think he's Bieber?

When will Teibert get a run out at fullback?! Neither Harvey or Klazura are good enough to play FCE let alone MLS Competition.

MOTM: A tie between Chiumiento and Coach Rennie.

Nice to see Rennie trolling Aron Winter in the post match comments:
... "As Aron Winter said, Toronto are better than Vancouver & Montreal & so we know going in we're the underdogs & I think that suits us"

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Worst game of "football" I've ever paid to see. Absolutely shoc-king top to bottom. MOTM the head coach of that mes?? FFS, surely you're taking the pish.

PS. I may be dating myself, but Klazura...

Attachments

• KK.jpg
    KK.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 456

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As soon as Rennie got Hassli and Camilo off the park the game changed 100%

Now I'm not sure how much of that was FCE just wilting or what, but when Le Toux came on the park FCE stopped having anything happen positively for them.

Did the SS'ers ever get their CD to Stop Skipping knvb? ;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BullyB and I snuck into the South Sider section for the 2nd half and had a good laugh.
First time for both of us and the atmosphere was fun.

Loving the fact too we found a beer kiosk that sold bottled imports so we scoffed back a few Leffes while we had our laughs.

Agreed when Le Toux came on it changed but I thought Hassli was fantastic.
The big man didn't lose the ball once and played an excellent target man role.
He was basically up there by himself in more more like a 4-5-1 formation rather than the 4-3-3 profesed.
Maybe a 4-3-2-1 but Hassli dealt with everything thrown at him and worked hard I felt.

When they changed players they also went west coast offense rather than sitting back and definitely Le Toux made an impact.
Nice little response/comeback and well done 'Caps.

I was entertained.
Unlike you two poncy opinionated twats.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was saying the same thing about Hassli last night. He was often given difficult balls to deal with when he had 2 or 3 guys on his back but he would settle the ball pass it off to an open donkey like Klazura, we would then loose the ball and Hassli would get frustrated. Hassli needs decent players around him and good service to be effective. A guy like LeToux who has a terrible first touch and is even worse passing the ball but runs miles and somehow always scores goals is much better suited for last nights game.
Hopefully we see some better soccer next round against TFC but I'm concerned about our upcoming schedule for the next two weeks. Convienently TFC have a bye this week to prepare for our upcoming game while we have to fly to Boston before coming back to play TFC on wednesday. Then we have Seattle (best team in the MLS) on the following Saturday before they fly back east again for the return leg, finally finishing off with a road game in Portland.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
An unbelievable goal on an otherwise disappointing night. Not sure why there were so few fans there last night I expected a better turnout for a game game against Toronto. For me Robson can't come soon enough. Guys like Watson should be depth players not starters and they need to add some depth on defense.

Guy in my section does a good song for Le Toux but I modified it a bit to make it more appropriate fo the player.

To the tune of Do run run

" Le Toux run run run
Le Toux run run
he runs all night
but he just can't pass
Le Toux run run run
Le Toux run run
his first touch is awful
but he runs real fast
Le Toux run run run
Le TouX run run
He can't cross a ball
but get him on a track
Le Toux run run run
Le Toux run run"

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought Rennie got it all wrong last night. Barbara is out of his depth. He is easily 15 lbs overweight and did little to nothing for the 60 mins he was on the field. Add to that he puts his first name on the back of his shirt, and me thinks he has some compromising photos of Rennie in Carolina. Watson is a reserve player at best.

I get that the Caps have a busy schedule, but can they really be tired and need to rest players. They are 10 games into the season, not 30. No reason Hassli, and Chumiento should not have started last night. Thorrington is a depth player who should be used for no more than 20-25 mins to ice games.

Referee was also out of his depth. Both assistants were FIFA accredited as well as the fourth official. Guy in the middle was not :confused:

:bronco:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0