Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2011 Presidents Cup

Deutschland

Jan 15, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking forward to the doubleheader at Westview, and looking to continue the Phoenix march into the semis. Potential GEU derby coming up, but first Inter have to take care of business.

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This looks to be a bunch of great games.

Mission gets another crack at abby after being knocked out by them in the Bradner MOTW Mission on pk's
Celtic hope for redemption after a heartbreaker loss in league to Inter. Inter by 2
Pheonix get another shot at a beatable low end Div 2 squad. Pheonix 2-1
Nomads get the "easiest" game and win 3-1

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Magpies Nomads are going to smash you guys. it's not even going to be close they have the best keeper in Div2, the Best Striker and the best Mid in Div2, plus they have the best subs the best fans the best uniforms the best Jobs the best wifes/girlsfriends, they drive the best cars ,they have the best coaches, the best training staff, the best PS3 games, you just can't compete with anything really. don't bother showing up!!!! do you hear me Magpies don't show up it's over you're done it won't even be close just forget you ever played soccer this year.......

Well said, I want to see them play. Are they allowed fans or is it kind of like meeting the president?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
U didn't want a tough match for the first time this cup? What a shock! Lol! Can't get easy draws all the way to the semis. U wanna be the best, gotta beat the tough teams, not watch everyone else do it for you ;)u

No not at all, I woulda rather of played you guys out of any teams left. It's gonna be funny reading all your excuses when your team wins nothing this year, bradner cup, league, nor presidents but of course it'll be because you missed the first part of the season and your superstar hasn't been there for every game.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funniest posts ever. Everyone should be paid comedians.

I love being hated because we are so good. Great feeling :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
lol you guys hilarious...

We aren't taking anyone for granted... BC United, Bullets x 2, or SFC Caps in our make up games, and Magpies in cup... We played super cautious and warmed up and trained like shite for Whalley Utd and it almost cost us our shot at the league title drawing that game...

The "hype" tag was put on us at the beginning of the year by others, all the grandstanding and self promoting by us has just been TTP fodder. Our guys are hardworking and ready to go. However we are confident in that, as we haven't lost since Halloween.

I'm looking forward to playing this Magpies team. Every year there are 1 or 2 very strong D3 teams that give everyone fits (Vault last year)... We did it in our first year in the FVSL Crushing PCNC in cup play, at the time PCNC was the best team in D2 according to kjohnsobs power rankings, then the next week we lose a heartbreaker to the clones ffs...

~LoveCupWhereAnythingCanHappen.

I'm going to predict the following:
Phoenix 3- Players 0
Inter 3 - Celtic 2
Mission 2 - Abby 1 (pk's)
Nomads 3 - Magpies 1.

My take on the 8 teams (And you can't blame them, the draws are random)
Phoenix have had a relatively easy time, until last week playing a fairly poor sub-500 Div 2 team, and they hammered them 3-bagel
Magpies haven't played a quality side yet. They have played all D3 sides.
Aldergrove have had, by far, the easiest stroll to this point and just knicked a lucky win by Vault because Vault can't score.
To be honest Celtic seem to have had some relatively easy draws also, but we know how good they CAN be re: their tight game vs Inter.
GEU Inter have hung 6-0, 7-0 and 7-0 on D3 teams the entire way thus far, this is good as their confidence MUST be high, but they haven't had a challenge yet, and this could haunt them re: their game vs Celtic.
Mission have played tight games (including 2 against D3 sides) and just narrowly escaped a loss to a d3 team. But a solid 2-1 away win in Crack-town vs BC United.
Nomads have had decent 2-3 goal margin wins over fair to good D2 competition the whole way.
Abby has a 1-0 win over a shocking D3 side, 3-1 win in their club/division derby, and a win over the BK's.

if I'm seeding, just based on current form in league play, and strength of schedule:
1. Abby
2. Nomads
3. Inter (just based on the goal totals alone)
4. Mission
5. Celtic
6. Phoenix
7. Magpies
8. Aldergrove Players

If my results come through, and I don't think I've picked any real upsets, having Inter, Nomads, Mission or Abby, and Phoenix as the final 4 is pretty strong and a lot like last year with the final 4 being FVRD, Guildford Utd, us Nomads, and Vault. 3 of the top 4/5 Div 2 teams with a Cinderella story from D3.

Storm

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats a great draw for Phoenix. They must be favourites to win this one.

So far they have been underdogs in there games, will be different this time. Expectation is for Phoenix to win now.

Will they be able to handle the pressure ?

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I really wish I could get out for the Inter/Celtic game, that is going to be cracker, along with the Mission/Abby game. It's also going to lead to a fantastic semi-finals as well. God I love cup.

TBL - you may have given BC United half their goals against, but a 2-0 loss with me in net is not a killing. Good luck the rest of your cup run. Oh, wait, have fun with your league run then. Oh, wait, that one's going to be over this weekend too. I guess have fun watching other teams from GEU play for the cup!

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to predict the following:
Phoenix 3- Players 0
Inter 3 - Celtic 2
Mission 2 - Abby 1 (pk's)
Nomads 3 - Magpies 1.

My take on the 8 teams (And you can't blame them, the draws are random)
Phoenix have had a relatively easy time, until last week playing a fairly poor sub-500 Div 2 team, and they hammered them 3-bagel
Magpies haven't played a quality side yet. They have played all D3 sides.
Aldergrove have had, by far, the easiest stroll to this point and just knicked a lucky win by Vault because Vault can't score.
To be honest Celtic seem to have had some relatively easy draws also, but we know how good they CAN be re: their tight game vs Inter.
GEU Inter have hung 6-0, 7-0 and 7-0 on D3 teams the entire way thus far, this is good as their confidence MUST be high, but they haven't had a challenge yet, and this could haunt them re: their game vs Celtic.
Mission have played tight games (including 2 against D3 sides) and just narrowly escaped a loss to a d3 team. But a solid 2-1 away win in Crack-town vs BC United.
Nomads have had decent 2-3 goal margin wins over fair to good D2 competition the whole way.
Abby has a 1-0 win over a shocking D3 side, 3-1 win in their club/division derby, and a win over the BK's.

if I'm seeding, just based on current form in league play, and strength of schedule:
1. Abby
2. Nomads
3. Inter (just based on the goal totals alone)
4. Mission
5. Celtic
6. Phoenix
7. Magpies
8. Aldergrove Players

If my results come through, and I don't think I've picked any real upsets, having Inter, Nomads, Mission or Abby, and Phoenix as the final 4 is pretty strong and a lot like last year with the final 4 being FVRD, Guildford Utd, us Nomads, and Vault. 3 of the top 4/5 Div 2 teams with a Cinderella story from D3.

Based on league and cup? Inter is undefeated in arguably the toughest group in div 2 with 3 teams left in the Elite 8. Then lost to Surrey Rangers in Bradner cup (semis or quarters) in the 90th minute who went on to win the cup.

Phoenix came back from a 1-0 deficit to tie and win in pk's. Where their goalie saved their ass, saving a PK in the 90th. That being said I think the royals are better than their record shows, they have a brutal home pitch that doesn't play to their strengths, speed and fitness. If its the same "players" team we played a few years back in Langley that's gonna be another nailbiter to watch.

That's just how I see things in the real world aka outside of the Nomads bubble ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and thinks eveyone else stinks. ;)

Inter hasn't played a strong team in a game of any real consequence in quite a while. MB10 and Co. would likely agree.

D3 teams aren't supposed to be this far in cup, I was praising the Phoenix, not slagging them, they did the business in their only game against a D2 team. They're supposed to beat D3 teams like themselves.

~NomadsHypeBubbleForever

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and thinks eveyone else stinks. ;)

Inter hasn't played a strong team in a game of any real consequence in quite a while. MB10 and Co. would likely agree.

D3 teams aren't supposed to be this far in cup, I was praising the Phoenix, not slagging them, they did the business in their only game against a D2 team. They're supposed to beat D3 teams like themselves.

~NomadsHypeBubbleForever
No we beat pegasis impact in round 2 , they are mid div 2c

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No we beat pegasis impact in round 2 , they are mid div 2c

D2C is a few D2 teams and a pile up of what would be average D3 teams: I watched an Aldergrove Players v LUFC Wolves game a few weeks back after our win at WAP over the Knights and I thought I was watching Division 5 Soccer, shoc-king.

Every pass longer than 15 yards bounced off someones shins and out of play. There were likely more throwins in that game than I have seen in our teams games all year...

midman

Oct 15, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This weekend we have a league game with Mission. This should tell us if we are still playing well or if we are just getting victories. We had no right winning against Dewdney for 85 min but did and have played D3 teams in the cup run. This Mission game should be a great prelude to a big cup game the following week. A win or a tie Saturday and the division is ours.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0