Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup 2011 Presidents Cup

wr_ballack

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just because you lose doesn't mean you're not the better team. Us (celtic) lost to cloverdale div 3 in cup and they had one shot all game and we lost in PK's, it happens. you asked for a recap, got one, then turned it around to boost your own team. What did you want? "TBL: our game vs abby was a good battle, they're a great team, not the best we've played, because that would be the nomads, but they were close to them, but will never be as great. They caught us on two counter attacks and # 8 in the middle was their best player, I havent seen inter play but abby showed why they've only lost once, can't believe the nomads have lost at all" :rolleyes:

Let me clarify, you lost to Vault last year in PK's. Always a sleeper team when it comes to Cup. And the shout out of Young Guns going out in the first round this year, also thanks to Vault. It's just too bad they couldn't put a goal in on that Players team that maybe had 25% possession the whole game.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So to clarify your post, Aldergrove Players are better than Celtic because they beat Vault and Celtic didn't? Sounds good to me.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me clarify, you lost to Vault last year in PK's. Always a sleeper team when it comes to Cup. And the shout out of Young Guns going out in the first round this year, also thanks to Vault. It's just too bad they couldn't put a goal in on that Players team that maybe had 25% possession the whole game.

what? what are you getting at? Perhaps think your post through before you write it Mr Base.

jonny

Feb 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know how it works just making sure you understand....teams beat better teams all the time its the nature of the game...hell Celtic could wipe the floor with you in one week but it doesnt mean over a season that we are better then the Nomads...or vice-versa

Someone should do power rankings it would make this easier to judge, to bad kjohnsob moved to deadmonton, I think he used to have a good formula for it........or you can just pull your junk out and compare that way.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abbotsford Utd SC 2C vs. Mission Athletic FC 2A
GEU Inter 2A vs. DFC Celtic 2A
GEU Phoenix 3A vs. Aldergrove Players 2C
Peace Arch Nomads 2B vs. Port Moody Magpies 3A

Fat Rabbit

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Agreed, pumped for Inter we get our chance at redemption. Especially with people picking them to win it all.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

not predicting this 1st 2 games but i agree with the nomads, i'm gonna say it'll be 2-0. Disagree with the other game though, i went against lee in the last round but come on man go to the 2c standings, aldergrove players are rock bottom. They beat the gunners but as someone posted way back in the thread it was lucky. Phoenix to win easy, but then lose in the semis, sorry lee.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pumped to play this good magpies team. On paper we should win. But we don't play on paper... The other games should all be crackers and the phoenix will beat Aldergrove.

Good luck all!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
**** not gonna lie, i didn't want this one. At least it's on turf not grass.

U didn't want a tough match for the first time this cup? What a shock! Lol! Can't get easy draws all the way to the semis. U wanna be the best, gotta beat the tough teams, not watch everyone else do it for you ;)u

Tim Berners-Lee

Aug 29, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a pretty bold statement you made there. You basically said that Abby, a team that you dominated the entire game (in your words) and only lost by 1 goal on counter attacks and almost tied with a late post, is a better team then the Nomads, a team that you lost to twice by a combined score of 7-1 (with the 1 coming in the last minute of the second game).

Sorry but that kinda contradicts yourself cause, no offence, you guys weren't even close in either game against us

Haha what are you talking about? I mean this in the most figurative and literal sense, you nomdas are like girls. I speak highly of a div 2 c team and you get all jealous . " What do you mean abby is the best team you have played, what about us? " It was 1-0 you when we missed a pk in the first game to tie it up and the second game was 0-0 till our young call up d man gave you a breakaway in the 70 minute. It was a tight game and I think we only had one shot in the second half and it went in. Its like what alot of guys( JBN, strength and honor, carniewhore, itallian stallion ect) on here have said all year " If nomads had a decent goalie they would be in first. "

We played b.c united twice and our aggregate score was 5-0 us. Thats half of the goals score on them in 15 games all season. They killed you. What does that say?

So ya, Abby are a better team than you. The nomads get a decent keeper and that may change.

good luck the rest of the way, I'm sure you will need it playing all the div 3 teams

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Magpies Nomads are going to smash you guys. it's not even going to be close they have the best keeper in Div2, the Best Striker and the best Mid in Div2, plus they have the best subs the best fans the best uniforms the best Jobs the best wifes/girlsfriends, they drive the best cars ,they have the best coaches, the best training staff, the best PS3 games, you just can't compete with anything really. don't bother showing up!!!! do you hear me Magpies don't show up it's over you're done it won't even be close just forget you ever played soccer this year.......

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0