Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV 3- Roma 0 well according to everyone this match actually beat the score spread as most people had Roma losing by at least 5. Like some people have already stated Roma did not show much offensively. Our game plan was to try and contain WV for as long as possible and hope that we score on the one or two chances we may get. We came close early as Planks made a highlight reel save. To say that may have changed the game is hindsight. I do know that WV was getting frustrated and the goal at the 45 minute mark definitely took the edge off of them. The last second goal deflated Roma. Truth be told I am still happy with the effort put out by them on Sunday. WV has alot of talent and had a few starters who never saw the field on the day. It is all about the draw at this time of year and at the same time getting some luck and bounces go your way. Just ask WAB and Bohica if you don't believe me!;) The only score that I am really shocked by is the ass kicking that U Vic gave WRU. Good luck to all in the final 8.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Castilians 2 West Van 1.
Very tough game,but being the Original Castilian who else would I choose? Yoda scoring the winner from just over the half like last year against Peace Arch,the ball never rising above his knee.

I would have to say the match up between Poco and WEstvan is the MOTW. This game is gonna be too hard to call. I will never be caught ever cheering for WEstvan but i might have to go that way..

:wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

This game will be even, but..... If billy shooker takes his shirt off at half-time during Sir M's half time speech, i will take WEstvan; he did it versus Roma and 2nd half westvan came out on a mission.(LMAO) If Shooker keeps his shirt on at half i will have to give this game to Poco.

PS: Shooker for once don t think of yourself, think of the team!!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to say the match up between Poco and WEstvan is the MOTW. This game is gonna be too hard to call. I will never be caught ever cheering for WEstvan but i might have to go that way..

:wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa::wa:

This game will be even, but..... If billy shooker takes his shirt off at half-time during Sir M's half time speech, i will take WEstvan; he did it versus Roma and 2nd half westvan came out on a mission.(LMAO) If Shooker keeps his shirt on at half i will have to give this game to Poco.

PS: Shooker for once don t think of yourself, think of the team!!

Just heard we have 2 major injury concerns for the game with West Van.The lads went to practise last night and could hardly walk.This changes everything.

This is no sandbagging or bull shite.

Only time will tell if they play or not(approx. 10 days to recover or get at least 60% fit).

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard we have 2 major injury concerns for the game with West Van.The lads went to practise last night and could hardly walk.This changes everything.

This is no sandbagging or bull shite.

Only time will tell if they play or not(approx. 10 days to recover or get at least 60% fit).

The ball has tilted in favor of Westvan. With these injuries and the removal of shookers jersey at half; this could mean Westside vs Westvan FINAL!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's like having a 12th player when he takes off his jersey. Anyone know how to stop that? No seriously, how do we stop him from doing that?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know why the BC Soccer website has pulled all the draws off their site, for every provincial tournament?
Wouldn't mind looking some other games.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks cside.

I'll still update my sheet and post it on here each week after results.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are too kind. It wasn't quite like that. Never rose above my waist. :)

I enjoyed the other goal you got last year,from a similar distance,bounced 4 times and into the back of the net.

Their GK said something like "what the f***"

Regarding Billy,he might get a yellow if he takes off his shirt @ half time in sunny Poco,depending if we get a Poco ref.

Rule 12 I believe.

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a revolutionary break from tradition, due mostly to the lively discussion on this particular thread, staff have agreed to temporarily suspend copyright rights held by Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings.

So, in this thread, we are going to go forward now with the final eight edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings 2010-2011...

1. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last rank: 1. Poco hammered Qualicum, who staff report are a Quality bunch of guys in the round of 16. They host West Van next in the quarter finals, and will be up for that one.

2. UVIC Alumni (VISL). Last rank: 3. UVIC supporters are touting this team as easy winners of the BCs this year. They had an easy win at home last week against a FVSL side. They play Peace Arch Dragons next, I believe at home again. If they win that one, the semis are also on Vancouver Island.

3. West Van FC (VMSL). Last rank: 5. West Van had a an easy win on the Island, and an easy win away to the NSCL #2 thus far in this tournament. Whole new ball game when they must travel out to the home park of the #1 ranked Poco. Staff are wondering who the referee scheduler is for the FVSL, if anyone knows?

4. Westside A (VMSL). Last rank: 7. Defending BC Champs, they won easily against the upstart and overrated Sapperton. Away to PCOV next.

5. Peace Arch Dragons (FVSL). Last rank: 9. This team is making a bit of noise all of a sudden. Away to UVic next.

6. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL). Last rank: 12. PCOV have been playing well defensively of late, and move way up after beating Columbus on PKs. They host Westside in the round of 8.

7. South Delta FC (FVSL). Last rank: 14. SDFC beat VicWest 2-0. They travel to North Van to play NAFC next.

8. New Amsterdam Football Club (NSCL). Last rank: 19. NAFC had an easy win against the #1 seed out of the NSCL. They host South Delta next.

So there you go. May the best teams win. Stay tuned for the final four in a fortnight (and no that is not a reference to a sleepover at Antifan's place)...

Sir M

Sir M is a genius, nothing short of one. To rank his team 3rd but yet above the provincial champs is brilliant. Good luck and well done on trying to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. Poco has lost their captain, their heart and soul as he's barely underage. They have also lost one of their huge center backs as he's gone to Scotland to catch up with his heritage. Furthermore, one of their top goal scorers has a season ending injury to his groin. We had 15 going into provincials due to a few sensitive quitters, now we are sitting at 11, 12 at best for the duration. That is very concerning! We'll definitely do our best against the overwhelming favourties in WV but no promises from the Poco camp. God speed. God speed.

JTL

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Hell Scotty...Are you that daft pal.
It is TTP pal....Yes i am kinda done with living in the past mate.
It's not about us pal....Let it go man!
Come On Po Co. Get It Done Boyz!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach....still with the late night posts though eh?:rolleyes: With a bottle of Captain's or Sailor Jerry by your side no doubt:D This site has missed those rantings and now has to put up with the likes of Sid:( and the Castillian love fest:wa: Maybe see ya around the golf course mate:cool:

Cheers!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking Hell Scotty...Are you that daft pal.
It is TTP pal....Yes i am kinda done with living in the past mate.
It's not about us pal....Let it go man!
Come On Po Co. Get It Done Boyz!

coach,we will do our best but we are under no illusions how hard this game will be.It's been a long season,maybe 8 months,the injury crisis is catching up with us.Same for all teams I know.

I know all FVSL Masters teams are rooting for The Castilians,we will do our best under difficult circumstances to make everyone happy.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought everyone was complaining earlier about the FVSL teams getting no respect...now there are complaints that they have been afforded the respect that they aggressively solicited and/or deserved, and now some are stating they do not deserve the thing they were lobbying for in the first place...:confused: ???

I am so confused.

I bet Coach has the answer...

Give me strength...

Sir M

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are doing a great job SirM, however, I don't believe any of the teams you speak of are in the final 8.

Don't believe Poco ever "aggressively solicited" a #1 ranking either.

In fact I may have lobbied to not be in first, I'll give you that. :)

gnutheblue

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Uvic has been hit by the injury bug also. Four players were heading over to the Red Lion to watch the game and were hit by a bus. All starters and each spoke two languages. I know everyone is having their injury problems, we'll battle through as well. Good luck!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco has lost their captain, their heart and soul as he's barely underage.

Sir M,

When you get to your game next week against POCO, and listen very carefully, you might hear the following pregame motivation song playing in their changeroom.

That's Sumner on vocals, Slater and Deacon on guitar, and the Gray brothers on keyboard and drums.

Shokar might take his shirt off and start dancing!!

Good luck to both teams, should be a good game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0