Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 BC Provincial Cup Masters - Draw, Predictions, Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would also say the home team is how it is laid out on the draw,which means home teams are:

UVic
PCOV
Castilians
NAFC

Now lets have some predictions !!!! :)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside beats sapperton 2-1 !!!!

I am still shocked! I honestly thought Sapperton were gonna win it all this year! They are a good team with tons of depth. I picked them to win it all. They won the VMSL masters premier play-offs; i thought that was just the stepping stone to win the Bc's for them. It just goes to show you the ball is round and anything could happen.

Congrats to SApperton for having a good year and too bad you guys fell a little short this year. I still think you guys are the best team.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am still shocked! I honestly thought Sapperton were gonna win it all this year! They are a good team with tons of depth. I picked them to win it all. They won the VMSL masters premier play-offs; i thought that was just the stepping stone to win the Bc's for them. It just goes to show you the ball is round and anything could happen.

Congrats to SApperton for having a good year and too bad you guys fell a little short this year. I still think you guys are the best team.

They are OBVIOUSLY NOT the best team........They're out,gone......vamoose !!!!!!!!!

browncrow

Nov 11, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
UVIC REPORT - Not sure if Whiterock had their full roster, but definitely had a couple players who could play (#17/#19). UVIC scored on a breakaway as Nick Gilbert beat the offside trap. 1-0 at half.... Second half UVIC scored two early goals and that ended any comeback for the Whiterock boys. Good to see no stupid stuff.... cheers Whiterock.
Onto the quarters.......... realizing homefield advantage is huge.
Who plays who??? Let's get er going here.

everyone has roster issues, we were no different, it just hit us a bit harder with 9 regulars out for various reasons. good luck to all

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
everyone has roster issues, we were no different, it just hit us a bit harder with 9 regulars out for various reasons. good luck to all

So you played the game with only 2 regulars ?

you and ?

did you flick the ball over someones head again ? or you just did it the once against the Mighty Castilians.

We are having tryouts in August.

Lots of commitment in that team

Ladnerdad

Oct 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will give a bit more detail on the South Delta result.

Everyone who guessed 2-0 South Delta should be very happy with themselves. There was a very strong wind that ran straight down the pitch. In the first half South Delta had it at our backs, and used it to keep a majority if the play in the Vic West end. After hitting a cross bar and a post and having a another shot cleared off the line by a defender, South Delta gets their first on a sheer fluke with a couple of minutes left in the half. SD forward and a Vic West defender go hard for a ball that is about 20 yards out and it squirts up and over the keeper who was 5 yards off his line. Second half was more even. South Delta scores on a quick counter attack that leads to a breakaway. South Delta also has two other goals called back due to a foul and an offside in the second half. It was a hard fought game, a bit chippy at times, but most of the players played with good spirit. We are looking forward to the challenge that awaits us in two weeks time. Hopefully we play better on the road this time.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recent Champions
2010 - Westside FC
2009 - Columbus FC
2008 - UVic Alumni
2007 - Surrey Rangers
2006 - Firefighters FC
2005 - SFC Rangers
2004 - Surrey United
2003 - Columbus
2002 - Vancouver Fire Fighters
2001 - Vancouver Fire Fighters
2000 - Victoria Athletic

Can Westside become the first team to get back to back Championships since The Vancouver Firefighters did it in 2002 ?

I say The Castilians might have something to say about that

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recent Champions
2010 - Westside FC
2009 - Columbus FC
2008 - UVic Alumni
2007 - Surrey Rangers
2006 - Firefighters FC
2005 - SFC Rangers
2004 - Surrey United
2003 - Columbus
2000 - Victoria Athletic

Can Westside become the first team to get back to back Championships since The Vancouver Firefighters did it in 2002 ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....... and I'm sure that West Van has something to say about that, since last time I looked the Castilians still have a Quarter Finals game v. WVFC. Have the Castilians already planned a parade route already??? Still lots of football to play.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
....... and I'm sure that West Van has something to say about that, since last time I looked the Castilians still have a Quarter Finals game v. WVFC. Have the Castilians already planned a parade route already??? Still lots of football to play.

Jags,you got that right,West Van are looking foreward to this game to.

It will be an excellent game with West Van,I watched them on the Island and they were very impressive,I respect Sir M and his players,a close knit team like us.

We are expecting a very close game,but I'm tipping the home team CASTILIANS TO GO THRO with a 2-1 win.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1 - Westside 2

Disappointing that we came out and played our worst half of the season and Westside should have been up by 4. In the 2nd we finally just went at them and controlled the half. The turning point was the great save Wicks had on Favs right after we scored 10 minutes into the 2nd. If Paul scored, I have no doubt in my mind that Sapp win going away. But full credit to WS - when you give them time on the ball, they make you pay.

Oh well, I don't think the loss lifts the spirits on PCOV - they are out for blood this year regardless of who they play. But SirM and the boys are the happiest guys in Masters right now....and he knows I'm right.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job Westside for knocking out the boneheads from Sapperton. I still think Sapp are the BC champs for being the most yappiest, big mouthed team. Good decision Zico for playing with the meatheads you will never be welcomed back. Paul when you gonna leave those clowns over there and come play with a real team with guys you can actually hang out with. Seasons over Sapp, YeeeeeHaaaawwwww.

PS Bohica was spotted after the game wearing "the horns" and Junglee bent over taking "the horns"....

Wouldn't pop off until we were out. Typical

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Recent Champions
2010 - Westside FC
2009 - Columbus FC
2008 - UVic Alumni
2007 - Surrey Rangers
2006 - Firefighters FC
2005 - SFC Rangers
2004 - Surrey United
2003 - Columbus
2000 - Victoria Athletic

If I may indulge myself with a glimpse into the past, our SU team won back to back championships (several actually) when we chose to play O-30's instead of O35's in the early 2000's. Then they decided to make it exclusively an O-35's Championship and league. Just sayin!

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the info Ballbaby,now you got me reminiscing.

We won the double back in the 80's and back to back championships,but again in the over 30's.

The days of long hair,beards,no shin pads and short shorts :)

Look at my profile pics.........just saying

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM and the boys are the happiest guys in Masters right now....and he knows I'm right.

Why wouldn't he be. No VMSL teams in site until the finals. And we all know those are the only threats to their run to the title. Couldn't ask for a more perfect draw!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0