Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Nations Cup

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
where's that draw ??

just to let you know, I coach the Canada Women's squad and we are 100% legit :)

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off, I can not comment directly to the games (and Officiating) as I was at the Indy 500 this weekend with the sunburn to prove it:D

But what I can comment on are a couple of things:

1) All games are played 30min halves in the tournament, so we felt it was right to play the qualifiers with the same rules. We would have gone to extra time and then into penalties just like the semi's and final's

2) The ethnic question continues to come up and We do not mind that people are so concerned with maintaining the integrity of the tournament...

3) We will be announcing the draw and schedule very soon and posting the schedule here and on our website.

Cheers and thanks to all who participated or supported the Qualifying Tournament and we look forward to seeing you all at Nations in 6 weeks!

Lean

First of all, I have to apologize for a naive (or stupid) question about the 2x30 minutes games. Of course, if the Nations Cup games are played 2x30 than it is perfectly normal that qualifying games are also 2x30. I am fairly new to the Nations Cup, watched some games last year, completely forgot about 2x30. Anyway, the organizers should think about changing the rule and maybe next year start playing 2x45. This is, in fact, adult soccer and it really, with all due respect, does not make a lot of sense to play 2x30.

Secondly, to enforce ethnicity at Nations Cup may be a lot harder than numerous people think but something has to be done to protect the basic idea of the Nations Cup. I recommend that in registration papers every player states how he is connected to his nation. The offered options could be:
1) By birth in that country,
2) By having a citizenship of that country, and/or
3) By belonging to an ethnic group which is a majority in that country.

These three options would solve a lot of problems. Easy to check (if necessary), gives a lot of options to all players to play for a country of their choice. Of course, that would entitle some players to be eligible to play for more than one nation. But, they would have to choose only one for which they want to play that year (nothing wrong if some change thier heart next year, so many people have dual citizenhips, were born in one country, have a citizenhip of another one, and so on).

If a player states 1, 2, or 3 (see above) then the organizers should accept that without any questioning (and it makes it a lot easier for the organizers). Rosters should be posted on a web site. No reason to lie, especially if organizers officially allow up to 3 "guests" to be registered too. This would, most likely, prevent all those negative comments about certain teams and all teams could easier deal with the tournament rules.

Anyway, a great tournament, watched some games last year, really enjoyed, will come again this year.:wa:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyway, the organizers should think about changing the rule and maybe next year start playing 2x45. This is, in fact, adult soccer and it really, with all due respect, does not make a lot of sense to play 2x30.

clearly someone who has never played five games over the course of a weekend that is typically 25+ degrees and sunny.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think i might be able to help out here. :)

As a geneticist with access to state of the art DNA sequencing equipment and the ability to haplotype either Y-chromosome or mitrochondrial DNA, I would be willing to offer my services to help out the Nation's Cup Soccer Society to ensure that only the purest bloods can participate in this prestigious tournament. For you mongrels out there, detailed analysis can be carried out to determine what percentage you really are and for which team you would be most eligible.

Please be forewarned that, both in my experience and in literature, cases of non-paternity (for you uneducated TTPer's: "Whos you're daddy?" [sic]) are more frequent that one would expect. For example, during recent studies I carried out with Dutch populations the frequency was hovering around 12%. Fcuking Dutch, eh? :knvb:

For a small fee, I can also provide paternity testing to check to see if that asshole ex-teammate really did what he said he did to the mother of your child.

I promise that the blood sampling would only be done with barely-used or refurbished needles to ensure the highest safety standards.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps you can push it to 35 halves, but come on - 45? A lot of walking around. What I love about the 30 minute halves is the teams go at it with a lot of intensity for the entire 60 minutes. It is what makes the games exciting - compact and electric! Also, the Goals Scored Avg has not suffered - it probably has a higher GSA that any other tourney.

And logistically, time does not permit for longer games. (unless you go to other parks - and that takes away from the atmosphere which is the Nation's Cup).

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think i might be able to help out here. :)

As a geneticist with access to state of the art DNA sequencing equipment and the ability to haplotype either Y-chromosome or mitrochondrial DNA, I would be willing to offer my services to help out the Nation's Cup Soccer Society to ensure that only the purest bloods can participate in this prestigious tournament. For you mongrels out there, detailed analysis can be carried out to determine what percentage you really are and for which team you would be most eligible.

Please be forewarned that, both in my experience and in literature, cases of non-paternity (for you uneducated TTPer's: "Whos you're daddy?" [sic]) are more frequent that one would expect. For example, during recent studies I carried out with Dutch populations the frequency was hovering around 12%. Fcuking Dutch, eh? :knvb:

For a small fee, I can also provide paternity testing to check to see if that asshole ex-teammate really did what he said he did to the mother of your child.

I promise that the blood sampling would only be done with barely-used or refurbished needles to ensure the highest safety standards.
I'm out

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
clearly someone who has never played five games over the course of a weekend that is typically 25+ degrees and sunny.

Group games (3) can be played on Saturday and Sunday and then semi-finals on the following Tuesday/Wednesday night and the final game the following weekend. So, there is no need to play 5 games one weekend.

This tournament is great but it would not hurt if it was extended a little bit. Just imagine, the final game played a week after, two best teams.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice Idea RL!

I know Lean, why not just extend it the entire length of the year - Call it The Nations BCPL. I'm sure you you guys have nothing better to do.

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smalls,

It doesn't get hot here in July:rolleyes:

RL,

The tournament will be held on the third week in July every year and will be played on Friday, Saturday and finish on Sunday. There are people out there that plan there summer holidays with those facts in mind and we do not intend to change that. The games need to be played with 30min halves to get all of the games in and it makes for some of the most intense games played throughout the year!!

The eligability comments would great in a perfect world with a staff of highly paid professionals but with 7 (not including you Kippax) VOLUNTEERS we do the best we can.

Cheers, Lean

Next Post is the DRAW:):):):D:D:D

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men's Open Draw

Group 1
England – Defending Champions
Fiji
China
Korea

Group 2
Caribbean
Ireland
Canada
Italy

Group 3
Portugal – Runners Up
First Nations
Greece
Iran – Qualifier

Group 4
Croatia
India
Germany
Scotland

Those are TWO groups of death:eek:

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Women's Open Draw

Group 1
Canada – Defending Champions
Scotland
Portugal
India

Group 2
Ireland – Runners Up
USA
England
First Nations

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men's Over 30 Draw

Group 1
Germany – Defending Champions
Ireland
Italy
China

Group 2
Scotland – Runners Up
Greece
England
India

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men's Over 38 Draw

Group 1
Fiji – Defending Champions
China
Germany
Poland

Group 2
Canada – Runners Up
Scotland
Ireland
India

lean

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men's Over 45 Draw

Group 1
Scotland – Defending Champions
Ireland
Canada
Poland

Group 2
China – Runners Up
First Nations
England
India

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Men's Open Draw

Group 1
England – Defending Champions
Fiji
China
Korea

Group 2
Caribbean
Ireland
Canada
Italy

Group 3
Portugal – Runners Up
First Nations
Greece
Iran – Qualifier

Group 4
Croatia
India
Germany
Scotland

Those are TWO groups of death:eek:

Wow. I guess England and Portugal are through...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts