Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 BC Provincials Masters

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what it was? I didn't complain!
See what happens when you vere from the norm.:)

Funny enough....I was thinking to myself that I may have to take him down.
Ref is an f-ing min:eek:d reader!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been trying to figure out how I fouled that dude and after seeing the film....I still don't think I touched him.?
Looks like he just shanked it and fell over!
F...me!:confused:

I just watched it on full screen about 5 times in a row, stopped it, slow mo and all. You did not touch him. No foul - no way.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ran into into a Columbus player today. I din't realize that they went down to ten men, Kolbow could not walk on the field, and they had a 50 year old center back playing up front, solo.

And to quote him about the team they beat, "they are not very good, they are all just very young".

I also hear that Columbus will be even shorter staffed this coming weekend.

Sir M

Unbiased view: I don't think Poco is getting the respect they deserve.

As noted, the Columbus defender was sent off in extra time for a second yellow, which was the right call. I have to say though that Columbus had already been on the back foot for some time at that point. Sal was left up front by himself at that time. Columbus did have a problem with personnel. Not sure how much D'onofrio plays, but he played at the back for Columbus. A few of their lads were going down with injuries. Giovanazzi (sp?) went off hurt as well and missing Colbow was huge.
Poco's fitness was definitely a factor but after the nerves left them after about 10 minutes, they, for me, were the better team. They are a direct team and try to get it to their front runners as quickly as possible but it obviously wore on the Columbus back 4. Columbus had a half chance in the first 10 that was cleared off the line from a corner. That was the extent of their chances. I was surprised that they didn't try to change their tactics.
Columbus is a much, much better team than that but the truth of the matter on that day is that they were greatly outplayed and should feel themselves lucky to have gone through.
That is no slight on them. I have a ton of respect for Columbus and are a quality side. At the end of the day, good teams find ways to get it done.
A lesson learned for Poco and Columbus move on.

Looking forward to the weekend.

DB

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what it was? I didn't complain!
See what happens when you vere from the norm.:)

Funny enough....I was thinking to myself that I may have to take him down.
Ref is an f-ing min:eek:d reader!

Definitely hard done by there Besty......shocked you never lost the plot!:D

The weans mellowing you out?;)

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am new to this site after being a guest all year.I am a referee and watched many legend games this year,Fraser Valley and Vancouver.I was at the Poco game last weekend and after 10 minutes Poco controlled every aspect of the game,tackles,50-50 balls,running,and ball control.They missed several open goals but obviously wasn't their day.They are a class act for sure.

Give credit to Columbus for hanging in and taking it on PK's.

I watched some of Westside and they deserved their victory for sure,may take it all.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of the first two penos, I thought the second on Notty was more of a phantom call than the first on Martin. The ref seemed just itching to blow his whistle, give out cards, call penos and send people off on Saturday.. As far as the Columbus vs Poco game goes, the Columbus person I spoke to did not for a second deny that on the day Poco played better. He just implied that Poco did not get the job done, and given all of the circumstances, only had themselves to blame. He wasn't knocking them, he was just wondering about what all of the fuss was about.

Sir M

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unbiased view: I don't think Poco is getting the respect they deserve.

As noted, the Columbus defender was sent off in extra time for a second yellow, which was the right call. I have to say though that Columbus had already been on the back foot for some time at that point. Sal was left up front by himself at that time. Columbus did have a problem with personnel. Not sure how much D'onofrio plays, but he played at the back for Columbus. A few of their lads were going down with injuries. Giovanazzi (sp?) went off hurt as well and missing Colbow was huge.
Poco's fitness was definitely a factor but after the nerves left them after about 10 minutes, they, for me, were the better team. They are a direct team and try to get it to their front runners as quickly as possible but it obviously wore on the Columbus back 4. Columbus had a half chance in the first 10 that was cleared off the line from a corner. That was the extent of their chances. I was surprised that they didn't try to change their tactics.
Columbus is a much, much better team than that but the truth of the matter on that day is that they were greatly outplayed and should feel themselves lucky to have gone through.
That is no slight on them. I have a ton of respect for Columbus and are a quality side. At the end of the day, good teams find ways to get it done.
A lesson learned for Poco and Columbus move on.

Looking forward to the weekend.

DB

Dancing Bear,you were obviously at the game !!! The Columbus coach looked very embarrassed after the game and so he shoyld have.
A very nice lad though.

The Watchman

Apr 27, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dancing Bear,you were obviously at the game !!! The Columbus coach looked very embarrassed after the game and so he shoyld have.
A very nice lad though.

As for Colbow,on the day he wouldn't have made a difference,the Poco defence dominated,maybe he heard he was up against the Gray brothers ?:wa:

Lets move on to the semis now.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Compliment to the Gray Brothers, after getting them together in the middle of the back line, we did not concede a goal for the rest of the year. Take away the yelling, screaming, kicking, biting, and hair pulling, they worked great together.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am new to this site after being a guest all year.I am a referee and watched many legend games this year,Fraser Valley and Vancouver.I was at the Poco game last weekend and after 10 minutes Poco controlled every aspect of the game,tackles,50-50 balls,running,and ball control.They missed several open goals but obviously wasn't their day.They are a class act for sure.

Give credit to Columbus for hanging in and taking it on PK's.

I watched some of Westside and they deserved their victory for sure,may take it all.
Really?

Because your other user account here on TTP says you play for Poco.

:)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0