Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Trade Deadline Deals

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
jeez.

Just listened to Gillis on the Team. Pretty much came off the way I thought he would.

I am happy overall that they didn't rip at the core or move Hodgson, Grabner, or Schnieder.

However Gillis' and his moneyball theories obviosuly rate 2nd round picks as too valuable.

I would have been over the moon had the Nucks picked up another Centreman that could play on the third or fourth line to ensure that Kesler can stay with Demo and Sundin. The absolute Cherry on top would have been another top 6 winger that would free Burrows to go back to checking if that was what AV needed or if he loses the tocuh with the twins.

The one "prospect" or player I would have been okay with trading away is Raymond.

I am glad we managed to hang on to Bieksa, that is for sure.

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phillys got the next best big man in Kyle McLaren :eek:

Why do they keep doing this to me! Year in year out....modest goaltending and KJell Samuelson clones on the back end.

Still optimistic!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not going to happen.

They are living and dying on the hopes that Briere can regain old form and they can outscore their liabilities. ;)

keep on keepin on though ;)

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking at the numbers this year (and previous stats) not sure why Jay-bo is so much better than bieksa - other than size, they have pretty equal stats with bieksa making 500K less...bieksa is on pace for more points than jay-bo too... someone enlighten me

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
oilers pick up koliliek,whatever, from buffalo for 2nd rounder.

olie the goalie, some miner players, to toronto, for miner leaguer and salary headed back to tampa.

fcuking san jose nicely upgraded with moen, huskins. detroit does nothing.
sanjose finally gets rid of mclaren and his bloated salary.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
looking at the numbers this year (and previous stats) not sure why Jay-bo is so much better than bieksa - other than size, they have pretty equal stats with bieksa making 500K less...bieksa is on pace for more points than jay-bo too... someone enlighten me

He's been fantastic on a team in Florida. You could have said the same for Luongo when he was there. His numbers weren't great, but that was more the team than him.

WaterBreak

Feb 18, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's been fantastic on a team in Florida. You could have said the same for Luongo when he was there. His numbers weren't great, but that was more the team than him.

luongo was fantastic in florida, facing 932 shots a night. and having a save percenteage in the 910's consistently.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
oilers pick up koliliek,whatever, from buffalo for 2nd rounder.

olie the goalie, some miner players, to toronto, for miner leaguer and salary headed back to tampa.

fcuking san jose nicely upgraded with moen, huskins. detroit does nothing.
sanjose finally gets rid of mclaren and his bloated salary.

Congrats to edmonton on going from a big pile of shite to a steaming big pile of shite

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to edmonton on going from a big pile of shite to a steaming big pile of shite

I doubt it will matter much come playoff time, but I think these trades make the Oil better. O Sullivan has 2 years left on his contract , but I wonder if they will be able to sign Kotalik.....

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they make the Oilers better too.

Now I've got two Oilers in my hockey pool and who the fcuk wants that?

swampdonkey

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually think it will help both of them with production.

I've been an Oiler hater since 1987! So it smarts a little.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0