Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Trade Deadline Deals

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dominic Moore to Buffalo for a 2nd rounder....

I was really hoping the nuckleheads would pick him up, that would have been funny

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
True, I remember last year the dealine ended and almost an hour later a trade was approved. I hope Jay-Bo to the Canucks is sitting on the table waiting.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
and an easy solution to the Kyle Wellfed problem.

a second rounder!? Give me strength.

Perhaps Aquliini's comments about Nonis in the Financial Post yesterday poisoned the well for anything to happen b/w the Laffs and Nucks.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Perhaps Aquliini's comments about Nonis in the Financial Post yesterday poisoned the well for anything to happen b/w the Laffs and Nucks.

I don't think Burke would deal with Gillis if he was tortured and forced!

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

u got a link to that article?:cool:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
u got a link to that article?:cool:
Arrested development

Aquilini swears that brickbats don't bother him. "I don't listen to anybody," he snaps. "The dishwasher from Surrey, who calls in [to sports radio talk shows]? I don't pay attention." But a few minutes later, he says he wants the team's management to follow his example and heed the fan base. "The minute our customers are not happy, we're not going to be OK," he says. "That's the truth."
Hockey writers and pundits can print and say what they like, he adds. But he's sensitive to their comments. "I think the media here are quite negative. You make one little mistake, and they're all over you." Aquilini became particularly upset with Vancouver sports reporters last April, after he fired Canucks general manager Dave Nonis, a local favourite. Nonis, a product of nearby Burnaby who had worked his way up the ranks, spent 14 years with the Canucks before getting whacked. The team had missed the playoffs.
The response was quick, and nasty. "The media were vicious," says Aquilini. Yet, all Canucks fans and pundits wanted was a clear, precise explanation for the Nonis dismissal. Aquilini has never provided a full accounting. A well-placed Canucks source, however, claims Nonis was fired because Aquilini found him to be "the most disloyal guy you'll ever meet in your life. He didn't care about winning, he didn't care about success in the organization, he only cared about survival, self-preservation." What Aquilini wanted "and what Nonis did, were two different things," says the source.
Nonis, of course, has moved on. In December, he was named senior vice-president and director of hockey operations for the Toronto Maple Leafs. According to a Leafs executive, Nonis hit the roof when he heard about the "disloyalty" comments now coming from Vancouver. "[Nonis] did things to save Aquilini's ass," he says. The Canucks owner "was impulsive, unrealistic. He would have traded away the farm. He didn't want to sign players to more than one-year deals. He was always ranting. Then he'd be apologetic."
Nonis responded directly: "These statements are completely untrue. I was always a loyal employee and I am very proud of my record. Every decision I ever made was with the club's best interest in mind and not my own. History clearly proves that."

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0