Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Langley Summer League

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude
A promise to kick kenny means you have a spot plus I need a semi responsible person to have signing authority for the cheques we are writing.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muckers beat the young kids 4-3 last night. Hope to never play them again, I don't think my calves can take another beating like that. I don't ever remember being kicked from behind that much before.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads 6 - 3 Lizards

Nice to have a full team out. This was a case of we out scored our mistakes - all three of their goals were shocking defence mistakes.

50 yard pass across the top of the 18 that got picked off in the opening minute.
Last man back getting caught in possesion giving up a break away
5'2" Carl going unmarked on a corner and winning a header :eek:

Poor Colton will have nightmares of Ryan Canavor.

Hopefully we get a full team out next week with Housearrest at work. Anyone know a keeper???

barnsey

Sep 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got a little quiet on here eh? With 4 weeks to go, almost couldn't be a tighter race! Guess I'll pick Aldergrove as my bet to win the league - a point back of 1st (Dynamo) with a head-to-head in 2 weeks.

Anyone heard what the playoff setup is going to be? I'm guessing top 2 bye, 3 vs. 6, 2 vs. 4, 7th hits the showers, but not sure.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dynamo out ran the Muckers last night and won 3-1. So young, yet so angry.

I've never seen a summer team try that hard before. As long as their having fun. :) June 24th - pants on. Shoc-king.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got a little quiet on here eh? With 4 weeks to go, almost couldn't be a tighter race! Guess I'll pick Aldergrove as my bet to win the league - a point back of 1st (Dynamo) with a head-to-head in 2 weeks.

Anyone heard what the playoff setup is going to be? I'm guessing top 2 bye, 3 vs. 6, 2 vs. 4, 7th hits the showers, but not sure.

come on you're the only one to loose to the prospectz and we beat you handily with 10 guys (we're not talking about last night :eek:)

Gary will decide playoffs at the last minutes however it suits the Lizards best. ;)

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems there is an issue with the field allocation and there will be game time changes for the playoff round.I am sure that Sub will have it all sorted out for us soon

Frank

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuesday July 14th

Nomads (2) vs Prospectz (7) - 7pm @ WAP
Aldergrove (4) vs Muckers (5) - 9pm @ WAP WEST

Wednesday:
FV (3) vs Lizards (6) - 9pm WAP WEST

Church coed 1 langley summer league 0

Would have been nice to have the playoff round one all on the same night

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've been out of touch of the best summer league in the Western Hemisphere.

What team gets the try-hard award this year? KNVB- is it the pants wearing, hard running Dynamo, or the hard-done-by Nomads?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aldergrove knocked off the Muckers 4-2...

Thanks RF for running the Titanic this season, first class as always.

Cheers to Subby and Gary for running the league. Despite the change in competitive atmosphere from years past it was still a good time.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to Aldergrove.
Better team on the night won.
They knocked the ball around nicely in the back, their midfield was solid and strikers potent.

I thought it was a great game.
We did well actually too but made a couple of mistakes and it cost us in the end.

Speaking of competitive, quick shout out to Baldy who had two sweet free kicks last night.
The one he curled over the wall and hit the top corner bar was actually nicer than the one he scored on.
Fcuking brilliant strikes man.
I don't care if we had a syv (sp?) in net, :D there's no way anyone would have been able to stop either of them.

Cheers to my Mucker mates as we always had a fairly deep line up this year and the beers after were always tasty.
Top marks to 1/2 Pint who was in my humble opinion, (which is the only one that matters), our most dedicated and valuable player this year.

And Robbie J. ;)

Thanks also to Gary/Chad/Pete Thomas for a well run league.
Except for last week's fcuk up. ;)

Good luck to the remaining teams,
RF

PS Frank:
I think the Nomads beat the kids 4-nil last night. (?)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Finale was a hard fought game tonight...

Mark was good in the circle
Aldergrove was good
Nomads were better.

1-0.

Actually a pretty good game, lots of squandered chances each way, this game could have just as easily been 4-3 as it was 1-0. A crossbar hit for them, we missed a few just wide... Man there were chances, and no finish... Like a Westcoast SC Houseparty after too many doobies...

Cannavor with a beauty placed shot to seal the deal just out of reach for the Aldy Keeper.

Good league and good finish this year, albeit with a few Magnum sightings :eek:

We got 12 beers for winning and Aldy got 15, this league rules. :D

~IfYou'reNotFirstYou'reLast
...registered trademark RickyBobbyEnterprisesIncorporatedInc. /thumbs up /wink /smile

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0