Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Results and Banter

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here is the official thread for the 2007 Mens Open Provincial Cup.

16 teams involved:

8 from the VMSL
4 from the FVSL
4 from the VISL

Draw is set for April 18, 2007 and will be here live on TTP radio.

First round of games slated for April 28/29.

Good Luck to all involved.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2007 BC Mens Open Provincial Cup, Early Discussion and Banter

2007 Provincial Cup Teams (VMSL)

Sporting
Inter
Columbus
Surrey
AFC
Croatia
Firefighters
Westside

Somebody from the FVSL/VISL update us on their final 4 please....

Sage

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

The 4 teams from the FVSL are:

Peace Arch United
Aldegrove
Chilliwack
Langley

canadianidol

Apr 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

I heard that one of the FVSL teams was an early favourite to take home the TITLE...any thoughts on this matter???

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just a update from the Island. Everything is complete for the VISL. Although the teams for the BC's were set a while ago the Jackson Cup was played on the weekend. Gorge beat Sooke 5 - 3. Sooke went up early but Gorge battled back and then took over. Gorge was up 4 - 15 minutes into the 2nd half. Both teams played hard for the full 90. Good game to watch. Both teams look good. As for the draw this week. Looking forward to it. All I can say is whoever draws a game against Sooke at home is in for a surprise. Sounds like the game between Sporting and Inter was a battle as well. Looks like its tight in the VMSL.

I guess thats the Island Report for now.

TV

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dream Match-Ups

Peace Arch Nation vs. Slurrey United - I remember Slurrey just hammering Peace Arch 6 or 7 years ago in Provincial Cup play, I am sure this year would be different in the battle for the best of the valley.

Croatia and fans vs. an Island team (on Island) - If Croatia has the best fans in the VMSL, then I would love to see them make the trek to face any Island team with a bus load of loaded fans. Look out Gordon Head.

Inter vs. Clan-Bus - Come on the I-tie Darby is allways a classic, it would be like Chelski vs. United, except I think Chelski can get 4 Cups this year.

Westside vs. Sporting, I am sure Sporting would love to get another crack at the old vets who knocked them out of Imperial.

hos

Any others?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Would love to see Chili draw an Island team, and have the Island team travel to Chili. One LONG road trip, and the fans piling into the stadium from both sides would be classic.

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

If Croatia has great fans and want a road trip...............hope they draw Sooke at the log with their chainsaws. What a great atmosphere that would be.
Just hoping the Island teams don't draw each other again....nice to play new teams for everyone.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sooke hey, is it as crazy as Powell River and the fans that they have singing away all game, now that is a fun place to play a Cup game.

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I grew up part time in PW as a kid...fondly remember going to soccer school, instructed by the Villa players, then catching a Villa PCSL game later that day. The atmosphere at those games was nuts...good times.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS,
I am a River boy and played during the Villa cup runs. It is a great place to play with all of the fans yelling, singing and throwing beer cans at you. All I can tell you about Sooke is when we played out there there were several chaionsaws fired up throughout the game to get their boys going, there were fireworks going off over the field when they scored, and one of our players who got pushed into the fans got beer poured all over him. They have a 300 puond log in their changeroom that they bench press before every game, there is usuall a road block just down the road from the field so everyone stays at the field for several hours after every game getting ridiculously smashed. So yes it is like Powell River in a way. It is definaltly a fun place to play. I would love to see Croatia out there. I would love to see BJac and Masi play on that field! Wow, can we rig the draw somehow? Whoever gets a game at the log is in for a surprise!

As for the other fields over here. If Cowichan draws a home game they have a fairly nice field. Gordon Head was ok when we played on there. And the Gorge will be on their turf pitch.

TV

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

TV,

HOS was our backup keeper when we played you guys both in the '95 final and in '96 quarters up in PR - good times :D

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Those were my forst years with the club. I was actually playing with the reserves. Did you guys play for Peg? That was a battle. I remember the final vs. Peg at Town Centre. What a battle!!!! They were good times. Powell River has kinda fallen off the map. They were demoted to div 2 this year. Which is sad as it is nice to play at home. But thats what happens I guess, all the young guys move away for school and work. Its too bad really. Good history.

"Hail, Hail the gangs all here.............."

TV

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

so where do we find the actual bracket for the Cup?? Some confusion as to who gets the home game....it's the first team right?
I missed the live broadcast, but heard it was very well done again... congrats boys on a job well done.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Vike,

Was there any impact when old Herb passed away? Any dedication to him?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lookatyourself,

I posted the 'brackets' in the webcast announcement thread (page 2) - Home team is listed first.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0