Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Knights summer league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you had my job you would be on this site all day aswell, I should be put in jail, I feel like i'm steeling my pay cheque, I honest to God do nohting at work, I'm not going to try out, you crazy OutKast I've seen Granny's run faster then me and I still have the touch of a serial killer:rolleyes:

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you lot get on Scotkop, and I do remember skinning you out here on our turf the game we beat you guys, but I Know I'm shite cheers

ScotKop

Feb 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
KH - don't think so, but happy to settle next time we play - assuming you keep yourself on the park when I'm on it this time (I'll make sure our coach does the same, and plays me in the backline).

Not sure how the guys got on last week, I'm not playing summer only helping out when they are short of players.

I would expect they lost - got a last minute call to play as they were struggling for 11 players, but alas was busy.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers I was talking about the game we played in Ridge when you came in on a slide tackle (or you just fell over) not the crap cup game my so called coach didn't play me much in, you guys deserved that one forsure, I was tlaking about when yuo played the Rams not the Bulls, talk to you soon cheers .

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey hector y do we play must teams twice, before we play u once? whats going on with the knights league this year?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who do you play twice? I know we play everyone three times this season because there are only six teams in our Div, also the team formly known as The Hades play on wednesday's and they don't play any away games. I don't know why J.B. did that just get your manager or coach to give him a call. good luck tonight.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector what do you expect? The Knights league is bush and the people that run it are completely incompetent.
Summer leagues generally are worse than winter leagues but the Knights league is the least organized, least professional, and the biggest joke of all.
Sorry for being so blunt but that's the truth. I've accepted that and I find I enjoy playing in the league more now... lowered expectations I guess.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 years ago this was the best run and most competitive summer league around (minus Italian league and PCL)... Metro ford (Surrey FC), Sapperton (Stoneys), Delta (Firemen), Surrey United etc. put out a strong team (VMSL/FVSL premier quality) every week and the winner of Div. 1 would get money and a couple flats of beer!!! It was only a Thursday night once a week, so it wasn't hard to attract talent and get a small commitment...
It appears now, it's not really based out of S.Surrey/Newton/N.Delta anymore... Teams from all over the Valley want in and IMO this is the reason it has went down hill... Players from Coquitlam (Metro Ford) and Vancouver (Firemen) would play with Surrey FC and N.Delta... Guys from Chilliwack, Langley and Maple Ridge would play for Surrey United... Good players would come in to play rather than the league going to them to play... BBY-POCO league was a joke, as was the FVSL (ie. Muckers league), Ladner-Richmond leagues...
Go back to a 20 team league... 10 in Div. 1 played out of Newton, South Surrey and North Delta... 10 in Div 2. (who cares where the fcuk they go) and then the borderline Div.3 winter players (aekara) won't be able to compete in the league let alone moan about it's organizers!!!
BTW, David Woodward for President!!!

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guiness you make some good points, I think for everyone who complains about a league they should try running one, J.B. does his best, instead of complaining why not offer him some help??? it will make it better for everyone playing, just a thought.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kevin Hector said:
Guiness you make some good points, I think for everyone who complains about a league they should try running one, J.B. does his best, instead of complaining why not offer him some help??? it will make it better for everyone playing, just a thought.

Yes but honestly JB's best. Is that a high enough standard to strive for?

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Yes but honestly JB's best. Is that a high enough standard to strive for?

I wasn't saying his standard is what we should all strive for, but instead of complaining, help the guy, anyone who puts as much time and effort into running a league as him is ok in my books, anyone who runs a team knows how hard that can be so imagine running a league, I wouldn't want anything to do with it,

Ok as for a game re-cap, the NorthCoquitlam Eagle Ridge Hades Athletic club of British Columbia or what ever they go by these Beat us the Rams of GEU 4-0,they scored about five minutes in on a free kick, when our centre back made a brutal tackle top of the 18, second goal was of a cross that our Goalie came for, tried to punch it away it went behind him, our D couldn't clear it and there guy heaed it in, then we switched things up a bit, changed our formation and it was better after that they still had most of the play, but we put more presure on them then I think we ran out of gas and they scored two nice goals towards the end of the game, I wasn't overly impressed with there team, there Keeper is really weak he couldn't hold on to the ball, Sam1 your brother is a good play man he can fly, if Sammy was in net they wouldn't get scored on.

sam1

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey, thanks buddy! i wish you were right but for real, since the collarbone injury i've had a black cloud hovering over me, the lucky bounces and posts just dont seem to be there no more. im under 500 for sure ..im playing with the port moody gunners these days. young and fast but cant chug a beer like the good ol' geu boys. saves me an hour of travel time too.

totti_10

Aug 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
poco pac 2 - coquitlam 1, two really bad teams last night,i dunno what was going on but we got the win.hey k.h how u guys do last nite? hopefully we play better aganist u guys on tues!

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey JB is a good guy. I shouldn't have implied that he's "completely incompetent", but I don't think by himself he can do a great job. I look at the league as a fun league that's really disorganized. Though I did rant, I wasn't really complaining about the fact I was addressing The Hades issue that Kevin Hector brough up... that shite happens all the time in this league and it wouldn't in some other leagues... that's all.
I've seen a lot of ridiculous sh!t happen in this league this year and last and although it wasn't directly JBs fault, in the end it all goes back to the top...

Guinness, where did you watch me play? If you ever have the pleasure of seeing me play again, please come introduce yourself, and maybe you could teach me how to play soccer. Also, what's with the ugly chick in your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0