Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Jubilee Trophy] Senior Women's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-0 Coquitlam about 30 minutes in.

Manitoba appeared to be playing for the tie - which did them no good, so maybe they need a new calculator. In any case, it doesn't matter know, they have to open it up in the final 60 minutes, which should mean more chances on the counter.

Coquitlam should be able to hold onto this I would think. They've looked really good defensively thus far, and Gademans is whole other class of keeper.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-2 final for Coquitlam. Manitoba pushed their national team player up front and she got her team back to 3-2, then the Manitoba coach inexplicably moved her to outside midfield, essentially ending the pressure.

From all accounts, Coquitlam full marks for the win, and despite the hockey-like scoreline played quite well, and were also able to rest some players who needed it.

Onto the semis... against whom? We must wait and see. Sure the hell hope its not Surrey. It would be a shame for one team to knock the other out before the final.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the stars have aligned for the possibilty of an all BC final.Surrey United played against Quebec yesterday knowing they were through before the game even started. After watching the game between Coquitlam and Manitoba, seeing how good Coquitlam looked, I heard that Surrey United was worried about losing and coming second. Knowing if they lost to Quebec that they would play Coquitlam in the semi's. Final score Surrey 2 Quebec 0. Quebec is a very fit and fast team. Although there team isn't very big in height, it's decieving becuase I swear they had springs in their cleats. Surrey goals were scored by Randee and an U-17 call up Julie. Good luck to both BC teams in the semi's. Also would like to send congrats to KJ on both her goals yesterday, one was a cracker off a free kick!

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey goals were scored by Randee and an U-17 call up Julie
Why would you be allowed call ups at Nationals???
Conductor, can you explain how this rule works???:rolleyes:

BTW, who is in tomorrows final???

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness the reason Surrey was allowed call ups was cause they had lost 5 players since the Provincials in May. SU applied to have these call upplayers and were granted 4 of them. Also I heard that these players our within their organization. Coquitlam with a solid team effort and looked impressive in their victory over La Belle province 3-1. Also heard that SU ended up winning 4-1 over Nova Scotia.After seeing Coquitlam in their last two games it looks like their peaking at the right time. Having been there before as Burnaby, I believe Coquitlam knows what it takes to bring it home, anyway you look at it should be a very entertaining final. Good luck to both teams, who knows maybe coach K's winning streak will continue to roll!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
All BC final? Very nice, can't wait to watch the game tomorrow!
Well you'll have to get up nice and early to see the best game of the tournament. :rolleyes:

If you're confused, joing the club. I think it has something to do with the men being jealous that the women will get more fans to their final so hey, let's screw over the women. :mad:

Check the website of our bullshite Canadian Soccer Assocation to see what I'm talking about (see game times).

I'll leave the ranting to someone else and just focus on the game. Hope people will still come see one helluva cracking National Final!!

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, over the past 5-6 years, these teams have gone at each other like Celtic/Rangers. League Cups, Provincial Cups, you name it. But nothing as big as this.

Both teams have experience: This is the third trip to nationals for the core of each team.

Both teams know how to win.

Surrey has the edge in skill. Martina has toyed with teams this tournament. And Randee has been her usual self.

But I think Coquitlam gets the edge in depth and in the all important keeper position. Surrey is missing at least five players from their BC Championship roster, replaced with kids. Meanwhile, Coquitlam basically has their nucleus in tact. Plus, Michele is arguably the most consistent keeper over the past five years. And she's won nationals before.

In my mind, Surrey has more to lose. Coquitlam was essentially the 12th seed, and had to go through perennial powers Alberta, Ontario, the upstart Manitobans, and another big province in Quebec. The fact they're in the final is a success unto itself.

Surrey was always supposed to be in the final. Nothing less than gold, in this, their third trip, would probably be a disappointment. And who knows how many times this team has left as a group?

So if Coquitlam can play loose. And continue with their solid defensive play and good set pieces and counter, then I think my Coquitlam City can pull this upset off. But if they let the pressure get to them, then I think they'll probably end up making one too many mistakes that Surrey's skill will inevitably capitalize on.

In short... Go Coquitlam!!!

FBnowaskingtherestofCanadatokisshisBCass:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pulling for Coquitlam as I put $1000 on them at the beginning of the tournament when I got 7/1 odds. Willhill looked at the 12 seed I guess and gave me a bargain.

On top of that, there is NO K-Vale 7 there so I have no sentimental reason to Surrey United win. I'm looking forward there to the game as I'll be there to watch it and hopefully collect my money.

Go Coquitlam. Also, they didn't bring up illegal youth players like Surrey.

:D ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't find the edit button but there are two mistakes....replace the 'see' after 'to' .......and delete the THERE after forward.

:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'VE JUST BEEN INFORMED THAT K-VALE 7 HAS BEEN PLAYING.....SO PLEASE IGNORE THE ABOVE POSTS.

Although, I still want Coquitlam to win because I do have $1000 on them.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-0 at the half for Slurrey. Holan-Franko with a flick on past the CC keeper. Coquitlam is playing well, but not capitalizing.

As for illegal youth players, I hate Slurrey United as much as the next guy, but they're legal. CSA allowed it. I admit I am surprised. And I would think if Jimmy Holiday had known that was an option, he may have considered filling his vacant roster spots with a player or two from Coquitlam's U18 powerhouse.

Anyhow, 45 minutes stands between Slurrey and destiny. What that destiny is remains to be seen. :)

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A nice touch that the 3rd and 4th game takes place after the final so those two teams could go and watch who won the bronze. :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Surrey

Awesome stuff!

Well done team 450. Class of the club. Big congratulations to TTP’s nutmegs and K-vale 7.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0