Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals [2006 Jubilee Trophy] Senior Women's National Championship

BC Teams @ Nationals

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to Surrey today as they thoroughly deserved the win. That blonde girl up front (tall one) was a very good player. I assume that is Martina because she caused difficulty all game for the Coquitlam defense. I believe she scored both goals........both from my other CO-MVP to K-Vale 7 who set up both. :) Well done, K-Vale.

It looked like Surrey wanted it more and Coquitlam had VERY little to offer in terms of possession football. The right team definitely won the game today and I think Coquitlam would have a hard time arguing that.

The men's final was ****ing shite to be honest.......The Calgary goalie cost them the only goal, which wasn't surprising as he was the worst player on the park. Having said that, there was still time left when I left so I don't know how it ended up.

Both teams had VERY good defenses.....

Larsson, I didn't see you on the park. I can't believe you spout off so much about a team you don't even play on. But then again, it's not that surprising......:)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Congrats to SU and especially Megs!!!

Slumber Party tonight??? :D

Thanks BJB!! The Party Bus is taking the Slurrey Girls downtown tonight so watch out!! :wa: And there may just be a slumber party tonight!!

Martina was definitely the MVP of the tourney. Something like 8 goals in 4 games. Nay bad!! :D

Needless to say I'm in HEAVEN!! First national championship in SU Club history so yes KNVB I would say we are the class of the club!!:knvb:

I'm so proud of every single player on our team. We are the definition of TEAM both on the field and off of it. I love all of you.

I'm so happy for our team manager (Bobby!!) and the club chairman (Marvin Foben!!) because I think they may have wanted it more than anyone else. We love you two and couldn't have done it without your support.

"U-N-I-T-E-D. Surrey United's the Team to Be!!" :bronco:

silver fox

Jun 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Surrey United!!!! Thanks to the fukcing pricks at CSA, I didn't make it out until half time:mad: :mad: .What the hell are those losers thinking when they change the time of a final the evening before it's played? Oh sorry, I forgot, they can't think!!

Another question is what is this love affair with turf fields for big cup games the last few years? Three excellent grass pitches to choose from but they go to the turf. If you were to ask the players probably less than 10% would choose turf over grass. But of course that isn't important to the decision makers :rolleyes: :confused: . Also, standing behind a fence destroys any atmosphere that there might be. Lastly, it's not like there was a beer garden beside the turf field :mad: :confused: .

Special Congrats to Megs, K-Vale, and the youth call-ups (daughters' teammates).

Megs, easy with the celebrating. I'd hate to see a reoccurence of Kamloops 2003 :D :D :eek: .

Silver Fox

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2 Coquitlam 0

Don't worry Silverfox, Megs is off the white stuff these days!!!
Congrats ladies!!! 9:30am was much earlier than I originally agreed to, but at leat I made it at the half... KJ's crack off the crossbar could have changed the game, but unlike in years past it didn't go in and the Surrey girls went on to dominate...

Enjoy the bang bus, I can't handle those bus trips with you nut jobs anymore!!!:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would like to congratulate SU on their big victory yesterday. It's been a long time coming as I believe this team should already have a few gold medals already. Now that they finally got one, I can this team winning a few more. The young players who played in this tournament gained alot of confidence and experience. To all the vets on the team it was well deserved. IMO SU was the class of the tournament.

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well what to say... Just want to thank my team for wearing their pinstripe suits and carrying their briefcases all week. Magic.
We had so many good people behind us "sweating the small stuff" so we didn't have to. Thank you all. Thanks to the kidlets who didn't play like kidlets at all. Thanks to our National team players who went through training camp hell and quite obviously didn't miss a step. Thanks to Steve (I guess he's an alright coach;) ) Anyway, so glad I was able to come back and play and be a part of this, well worth any scholastic misfortunes that may occur. F*** YEAH!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm still revelling in the glory of a well-earned championship so I thought I'd share a few good pictures with all of you.

These are the tame photos from the field. I have about a hundred from the celebration later that night at The Cellar (damn Roxy was closed) but I may use a few of them as blackmail. ;)

Celebration.jpg Team and Stan.jpg National Champs.jpg

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice goal indeed...

Are you kidding me? I think you wanted me to find this, didn’t you? You said we had something special you and I? I'm hurt...actually I'm more devastated than anything, yet somehow so very, very turned on.

Attachments

• Oh Really.jpg
    Oh Really.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 153

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0