Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Masters Cup - Final - Firemen Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006 BC Masters Cup - Semifinal Results & Final Predictions

VFF in a shoot-out, to finish off, a terrible game.

I want my $5 back!

Congrate to VFF!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Really OLD guys win!
3 goals by FF in shootout
3 saves by Siccoli
BC Champs....what a way for a team to call it quits????????

Cheers!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh...by the way Regs & Sir M
As far as your predictions....Regs..get a job as a weatherman
Sir M...you had it right for the game..but buckled to agree with Regs in penos...you should be a stock promoter.

Cheers.....lots of cheers!

Mr. Rempa

Jul 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

CONGRATULATIONS

Scottyshell and your VFF CREW...

It took a little blood to get it ....

I guess you can say: "BLOOD WELL EXPENDED"

Enjoy your party

GH

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the win.

Weatherman? I predict someone will piss on your parade at some point.

How's that?

:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations FF's. Well deserved. Not bad for a so-called bunch of old guys, but honestly, you guys were in the best shape you've been in a long time.

Now, let's see how the conversation goes. Let's hope you guys aren't the first BC team not to win Westerns.;)

Sound familiar?:D

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell said:
Really OLD guys win!

Well done and Congratulations...a great story for the veteran club to recapture some glory, perhaps for one last time.
Celebrating a big win with your mates is the best.:) :)

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drudgery, pure drudgery...that about sums up that 120 minutes. Painful to watch, I was exhausted at the end of it and I was just sitting on the sidelines pulling my hair out.

A lot of walking wounded for both teams who were pretty much committed to not letting the other team score, mix in a pitch that looks great in profile only to find it a hard, dimpled mess and spot shots were destined to happen.

I had never seen a team miss three in a row. That's 4 times we've lost in peno's in this tourney since I've been with the team...awful way to lose.

Hats off to the Firemen though. A lot of character on that team and they deserve to be where they are. I remember sitting in the changing room post-game with Birdman and a few others in the late fall talking about going O-40 because the young guys were taking over the O-35's. At the end of the day, I guess 2nd place isn't bad...it's farther than we've ever gotten.

I had to take off about halfway through the open final but I hope the Scotch made it over to the other side to be shared with the Champs.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Scottyshell said:
Oh...by the way Regs & Sir M
Sir M...you had it right for the game..but buckled to agree with Regs in penos...you should be a stock promoter.

Cheers.....lots of cheers!

I know, what can I say , I caved, but I did not expect WFC to hit 3 pretty poor PKs in a row. But congrats to Firemen, they did it while pretty banged up (so was WFC to be fair) and with one of their star players stranded on the Love Boat.

Congrats to VFF.

MOTM: Chuck.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Scottyshell. You surprised many but not all. You guys played solid to cap off the provincial title. And congrats to Peter's group for playing well and making difficult for them. Second place is still excellent. But you're right about the field. The final should be elsewhere. The VMSL wins it all! Have a great summer and good luck at the Westerns.

madog

May 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Offense wins games, defense wins championships.
Sicoli and defense played 4 games (360 minutes) plus 2 extra times (60 minutes) and one round of penalty kicks. That's 420 minutes. All totalled they gave up one goal. Absolutely amazing.
Comments please.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sicoli should get back to selling Back Street Boy Tickets.
Higgsy or KNVB could have played in net and won it for Firemen. Goaltending was not the difference in the final. Merkl is by far the better keeper, but when the game produced one shot, you cannot comment on the goaltending.

A very boring game, but congrats to VFF for the victory. They worked hard and won it as a team, not just by their goaltender. I am sure Catliff would have scored if he had a 1986 Tango to compliment his mid 80's Patrick Keegan Gold boots.

JAGS

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Congrats to Firemen.

A very well storied club showing they've still got it.

You're still a poof though Taxman.

It is amazing - the youngest on our team turn 40 this year and we walk .... yes walk right through the Cup run ... without a challenge. OK maybe not, nice to win the last game of the year maybe we should split our team of 26 into two so it can be an all Fireman final next year.:bronco:
the final sure was not what either team expected and we have taken it upon ourselves to offer up Clinton Park for next year's finals.
We were lucky that our "Den Mother" didn't follow through on his threat to hand in his jersey.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags

HIGGSY would NEVER play on this team!

Cheers!

Now that you've won the Cup VFF's..what are you going to do??
That's easy...two days golfing and running amuck in Victoria...look out Strathcona hotel and StickeyWicket Pub....YAAAHHHOOOOO!!!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would. But only becuase my kid likes to play with matches. Wait a minute? What am I doing in this thread? I don't know either, maybe I should ask Jags...

Congrates to firemen, espeically the guys that live in Langley.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was one of the worst games I ever had to wait through. It was like watching one of those Blind Date guys trying to get a kiss from a girl that wants nothing to do with him but he just can't take a hint. Painful!!!!!

Nothing to say about the game, but the Westside PKs we worse than the game.

Catliff: The goalie could have dove to his left, got up, and walked over to the right corner and pick up the ball Catliff hit with his purse. Do you have NO confidence in your ability to pass the ball with accurancy AND with at least a little bit of pace? Really, with no exageration, a 8 year old could have kicked it harder. And that set the tone!!!!!!

Cannon: A little too soft, 2 yards off the ground, but the keeper at least had to guess right.

Wilms: Thought he could catch the goalie off guard with the quick kick; he did but it was too soft again and the goalie was able to scramble over to his left and fall on the ball.

That summed up the game.

Congratulations Firemen for winning in the 8th year again.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great shots of the game Keeper! The Province is a rag with no interest in local sports...somebody should show them a newspaper from a city in the states loaded with local stuff.

Cheers!

one day to go til Victoria/golf/sunshne/hangover.....

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm completely pissed at BC Soccer. This is the finals of senior soccer and they can't even bother doing little things like a call to the Province or Sun, or local papers even. How about at least a BC Soccer write-up (Sapperton had to do its own!) on the games but, yes, a photographer was there. Victor Montagliani, President of BC soccer, is a huge dissapointment for me right now. I can't make the meeting tonight, but I really hope someone rips into some BC Soocer reps at the meeting. It's a disgrace!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts