Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006/2007 Masters Preseason Banter/Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Excellent stuff, well, at least it's "official" :D

I wonder if provincial spots will be awarded in the same manner as open premier - top 4 point-getters regardless of side? (plus 2 cup finalists)

As for tougher side, not really knowing anything about the teams - I say Group A.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
I wonder if provincial spots will be awarded in the same manner as open premier - top 4 point-getters regardless of side? (plus 2 cup finalists)

Last year in VMSL Masters it was the top 2 teams, and them the four semifinalists in the League Cup...but I am sure nothing is etched in stone. And who knows how many teams will come out of VMSL this year, with SU (always an automatic berth out of FVSL) moving over, one could argue that VMSL should get at least 7...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M said:
Last year in VMSL Masters it was the top 2 teams, and them the four semifinalists in the League Cup...but I am sure nothing is etched in stone. And who knows how many teams will come out of VMSL this year, with SU (always an automatic berth out of FVSL) moving over, one could argue that VMSL should get at least 7...

Yes, I agree, the VMSL should get 10 spots at least. :D

Just having some fun and I just want to say that the FVSL has been a great league to play in with some great people involved. It was just a matter of time before we aligned our team with the rest of the SU adult program. We were the only SU team left in the Valley and now there is none. Kind of sad in a way.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs...listened to some of the show last night....heard the answer to your question about the Westerns...ok..so we know there will definetly be one but no answer as to where...doesn't help much as to if we need to fund raise ...if it's Alberta...or if it's local..do we bus or drive?? Never seems to fail that everything can't be done way ahead of time. Anyway..thanks for asking.

Cheers!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, I was kinda surprised as well as I expected a definitive answer last night... Bjorn (sp?) has apparently been waiting for a month now for an answer from the CSA.

I'll PM you the 2 locations being 'considered'.

Cheers,

~Regs.

True Scot

Jun 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta and SFC Rasngers battling amongst the rest? Cheers Marty, you got your Dynasty!! Now hopefully one of them can win something other than the ladies?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
True Scot said:
Delta and SFC Rasngers battling amongst the rest? Cheers Marty, you got your Dynasty!! Now hopefully one of them can win something other than the ladies?

Hey Hey Hey be nice. The SU Masters won provincials in 2004 and the Premier Men won it in 2003. Unfortunately for them the ladies have been on a tear as of late (3 provincial cups in a row) and their amazing accomplishments overshadow the men. :D

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell said:
What about bully and the Allsnacks or Parched arse,Alderbush,Snapperton????? Are they NOT worthy???

Cheers!
I couldn't help but notice that GEU Blunders and Mission Impossible were left off the list of contenders.
:rolleyes:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My mistake...which I see you've cured Monkey. When one doesn't play in the valley all you hear about is SU and the Rangers anyway.

Cheers!

ps: No posts from Futbol on the subject of SU leaving the valley??

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,m still alive Scotty, and as for Slurrey, now you guys can kick the fcuk out of them. After all, you are getting the 2nd best team in the valley.:D

True Scot

Jun 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the best to Scum, but to go out to Mission on Sun. A.M. is not what the guy's want to do? Hope the SU lads can get a spot in the over 40's next year?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
Group A

West Van FC
Metro-Ford Wolves
Richmond United
Portuguese Club
Columbus FC
Sapperton Rovers

Group B

Vancouver Firefighters
ICSF Inter
SFU Clan Alumni
WFC Rangers
Wickham FC
Surrey United

I guess it is now official ........

Now onto the debate as to which side is the tougher side.:confused: :confused:

JAGS

Not up for debate is who was obviously the best dancer at Dickens' wedding on the weekend.

In any event, the Power Rankings staff has been working long and hard at their pre-season rankings (coming soon):bronco: ...but are always looking for input...any thoughts/predictions from the fans out there? Who will take top spots and who will get relegated in the new VMSL split Premier Masters Div format...?

A couple rumours for you...

Carlo Corrazin/Nic Dasovic to Columbus (the good news)..also Guy Gillingham (and the bad...) for the Italians.?

David Xausa leaving WVFC summer for PCOV?

Is Frank Fiddler heading to MF Wolves?

Wickham have gotten younger:eek: ?

Some new ex-whitecaps coming into the league?

Peters team now called the Rangers...interesting;)

More to follow...staff still working hard.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fids is going to MF..true!
FF just getting older with no new blood to mention at this time.
Just looking forward to the Westerns.....wherever they are?

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we still haven't work out the transfer fee between WVFC and PCOV for Xausa...but, we have settle for 3 cases of super bock in excahange for betsy ( he currently lives at club now) and danny V ( last seen going to the atm to pay off gambling debt)...
Betsy's contract consists of free rent and a bifana sandwich at the club..
DV's contract consists of gambling lessons and bodyguard protection...
more to come

scp

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
Betsy's contract consists of free rent and a bifana sandwich at the club..
scp

Now SCP, you keep calling him that and we're going to have start calling you Carla...

By the way, I have changed my name to Shakira.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M is on top of the transfer market, as usual, I am excited to see the new young blood at Wickham... or wait... maybe the fact that Wickham is getting younger is simply tied to the rumours of my retirement!

Hold the celebrations though, after winning the Masters' World Cup in England last June (with fellow VMSLers Steve Holdcroft of SFU and Mark Whaley of Norvan), the sting of being beaten like a drum by Rangers is wearing off and Wickham's average age is probably doomed again -- at least for the opening few minutes...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shakira: he's also the maid service for the club...by the way you can also apply for other position as hostess...

hot of the press...a bit of shoving and pushing at the columbus practice yesterday between 2 players with 1 player walking off at adanac park...

colemanj...our over 40's team is looking for a few good men and no physical required...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0