Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup 2005 Pakenham Cup Final

Who will be the 2005 Pakenham Cup Champs??!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The bounty hunters?

Osame bin madden said:
IThe one prediction I will make is that the pau bounty hunters will be nowhere to be found and Banks will raising the cup with both arms, standing on his 2 legs. We have all heard it during a game { how bad someone is and what they are going to do to you} and nothing ever happens. Then you not only look stupid but you sound even stupider. just ask some of the Ranger boys ;)
Hang on Osamee. I called Planks out, fair enuff. What i didn't do however is put a bounty on his head or say we are going to get stuck into him during the match. It was Planks who said and i quote " bring it on".
I think saying " bring it on" should be left to players, who can line up next to eachother and lock horns for 90 mins, not keepers. Everybody knows if you touch a keeper even if it was a well timed challenge with equal contact, the player is going to get a fowl against, and 80% of the time a booking. Keepers play in an 18 yard bubble protected by the referees. At this time of the year we certainly won't be making any rash challenges chancing picking up any cards.
Ps... Osamee i hope your vagina heals up for the big game :D
Pss.. bubble boy should stick to " singing it" we will take care of the "bringing it" :wa:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot..... good win today boys. 5 goals is always a welcome sight :D Garrett Kush was a face from the past. An ex Peace Arch player, perhaps a return to the fold could be arranged ;)
Next game Tuesday night 8. 30 NAP should be another quality match.

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsy lookin forward to this one, although older and more fragile, i'll try and keep up with the hardness of Poco. Sat night, i'm going to be watching sleepless in seattle, and When harry met sally with the rest of the geriatric crew. Guinny, E-er, be here by 5pm so i can be in bed by 8. We need all the sleep we can get in our old age.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: WHAT TIME IS DINNER??

I'LL BE AT THE RANCH EARLY TO BLEND UP THE ENTREES
-chewing can really take a lot oot of these here older chaps ;)

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU v. POCO

I like this match up. Two of the more experienced teams in the Premier division who will both battle hard when required and are both capable of playing decent football. It will be the battle of the midfield that determines the winner and I wouldn't be surprised to see both teams start with a 3 5 2 line up.
PAU have started to get back into some better form recently though their squad isn't that deep as far as numbers, due to some key players still missing through injury.
Poco didn't have one of their better league seasons this year, but have found a way to turn it on when necessary in the Cup.
This won't be an open end to end game. Both teams can and will create goal scoring opportunities, but they will be far and few between with the winner being the team that capitalizes on their chances.
Don't be surprised to see an OT winner.

Good luck to both teams in the final and in the BC's

Cheers

By the way, looking forward to Knees United joining me in the VIP box on Sunday for the game :D

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fun, Fun , Fun Baby!
Getting to the Pakenham Cup is always a treat and special time for the players.
PAU vs PoCo should be a very good match up of two very experienced teams.
Who will win?
I really don't know the answer to this but if PAU can really get at them and play a very offenceive style of attacking football, look out.
The keys are getting Keegan and the boys running at them with pace.
Nobody likes to be on thier heals and under attack, PAU can do this but does not seem to do it enough.
They have some players who can run at you and really make some good things happen.
I hope they don't try to slow things down and play some sexy football. :rolleyes:

Po Co is having there last shot at the dance and will not go down without a fight.They have been there more times than most of us and want this Cup badly.(what a way to go out together)
A good bunch of guys who also have some weapons left in the garage.
Burkey, Sliver, and the ever so dangerous Osame are more then ready to step up and have a last go at this thing.
Po Co knows there strengths and has to play a better attacking style this week than compared to there match against the young Rangers.

My call is PAU if they play a very aggressive style of football.(3-2 in a thriller)
If they sit back and let the game go on, watch out for Po Co to sit back in the weeds and strike.(1-0)

Should be a good one boys.
Please tell me Cainy that you are going to let the boys run loose!!!!!!!!!!

See ya Sunday

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU v. POCO

crafty cokcney said:
By the way, looking forward to Knees United joining me in the VIP box on Sunday for the game :D

Not to worry Crafty....Knees will be there. Why would you think otherwise? I haven't missed a round of the Cup yet, so why start now. Hey Cokcney, if I have troubles getting a good seat can I say I'm with you? Thanks pal.

Seeing that we've become such good friends and you saved "face" by being the bigger man and burrying the hatchet between you and I, can I just call you "Cokc" for short?....BTW, the "c" goes in FRONT of the "k".....not to worry, I'II fix it for ya'.

So ****-Face, in order to find you, all I need to do is head to the V.I.P. section (aka: Very Important Protest)? I am so excited, I've never lost and then stole a win in my life...looking forward to it.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

crafty cokcney said:
PAU have started to get back into some better form recently though their squad isn't that deep as far as numbers, due to some key players still missing through injury.

This is very true. I almost thought about signing Knees United for the cup run, purely for his inspiration in the room :( unfortunatley he played a few games with a div three club at the begining of the season. I actually saw this lad playing a game on turf a few years back with six studs on :rolleyes:
By the way Knees i think you have to have your FVSL id to get into the VIP section. I heard Crafty is working the door, apparently he a bit of a stickler for the rules :bronco:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Knees United said:
Not to worry Crafty....Knees will be there. Why would you think otherwise? I haven't missed a round of the Cup yet, so why start now. Hey Cokcney, if I have troubles getting a good seat can I say I'm with you? Thanks pal.

No problem Knees. Don't forget to bring your blanket and your Imodium on Sunday as it might be a little chilly for you. I know you don't know fukc all about football as you had mentioned, but I'll try to explain the game to you as best I can.

See ya Sunday PAL!

Knees United

Aug 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

crafty cokcney said:
No problem Knees. Don't forget to bring your blanket and your Imodium on Sunday as it might be a little chilly for you. I know you don't know fukc all about football as you had mentioned, but I'll try to explain the game to you as best I can.

See ya Sunday PAL!

Thanks a million Cauc-face. Can't wait for you to "explain" the game to me and teach me all you know. Just wondering what else we can talk about for the last 89 minutes of the game.

And as for you Cainy, it may have been Div. 3 when you last saw me play, but thats only because I was coming off injury. I am proud to say I'm one of the best players in Div. 2 now and one of these days I'm going to get a crack at "the show" in Div. 1. As for the 6 studs on Turf...they made me feel taller...you should try it.

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After going two for two in the semis, here is the prediction for the final.

PAU will dominate this game with about 70% of the posession. However, I think the majority of their chances will be crosses and long shots into the box since POCO does a great job of getting in front on the ball. If Cainy was smart, he would not start himself and put the big Lion up front instead since that's when the team looked good against Whalley.
Howver, and I know there will be a few PAU fellas hoping on and having a piss at me, but I think the trump card is goal tending. Next to Timmy from Langley, the best goalie the last two years has been the dude from POCO. Always solid, makes very few mistakes. Young James is about two or three years away from dominating this league. He looked shakey in the semis as he dropped some shots at him and let in a poor goal.
Therefore, the Fenian, although he would like to see SKip hold up the cup for the first time in his career, is going to put his money on an upset and have POCO win.
Sorry Lads.....

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weather forecast is starting to improve for Sunday.

9 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud with a few scattered showers

POP 40%

For the less educated, like Knees United POP is chance of rain and not Possibilty Of Protest.

Cheers

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the weather sours, Poco's chances improve. I saw a lot of turned-up collars, long sleves, and mittens when PAU was in Langley last. Me thinks that bad weather favors Poco. Sunshine and birds chirping: PAU.

Stir, stir....

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fenian's arse.....

TheFenian said:
Fenian is going to put his money on an upset and have POCO win.
Sorry Lads.....

No worries Fenian. :)

Opinions are like arse-holes, everyone's got one.......but yours appears a tad 'muddy'. ;)

Kinda like a Guinness Sludge

~Skip

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Sunshine and birds chirping: PAU.

Stir, stir....

You know......if we're fortunate enough to obtain 'precious' this weekend. I think I'll wear a REAAALLY bad tourist shirt for the photo shoot. :D

......and maybe even pose with it on the back of a toilet

~S

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mittens are for gays and those watching from the sidelines Dude... I've got a pair in my kit bag if you want a loan of them? I guess you'd fall into both category's?
Thanks for your thoughts you fukcing fenian, I'll do my best to prove otherwise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0