Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005-Local golf report / Got an opening...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Silver had a good idea last year, so lets get this thread started again!

The local solf season is upon us, so lets start getting the golf report going. Give your report on the local courses, and post here if you are looking for a 4some, to just need to fill a spot in your existing group.

What courses are wet, who is punching greens/sanding fairways, who has the best 19th hole waitresses (had to add that, wouldn't be me otherwise (pictures needed to verify :D)), who had the best round, etc...

See ya on the links...or in the 19th hole...

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF!!!!

Alright...I know that the weather has not been the greatest yet this year, and the TTP tourny has been postponed, but you can't tell me that NOBODY has hit the links yet!!!

Looking to head out this weekend, so does anyone know how Northlands or Northview are playing?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Went to furry creek a couple of weeks ago.... lost a dozen balls!!! Not bad... better than the first time... i did par the signature 14th hole.... Did quite well, even though i'm a shite golfer.

Hope to head out this weekend somewhere. We'll see what this weather wants to do. :confused:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argyle said:
WTF!!!!

Looking to head out this weekend, so does anyone know how Northlands or Northview are playing?
Played the Ridge Course at Northview week and a half ago, was in great shape, $85 mid-week though.

12 of us are playing Northlands this aft, will let you know. It will probably be pretty wet...

If anyone gets a chance to play Seymour (Monday and Fridays are public days), it is quite nice they have re-done the front 9 and put about $3 Million into it...again, its in the rain belt though.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Boundary Shores where the TTP tourney will take place a couple times last week. It is a tough course. The course changes dramatically depending on the direction of the wind, which is always strong coming off of Boundary Bay. Played Surrey yesterday, always liked that course, in good shape. Also the Coors Light Maxim golf experience was held there on their nine hole course yesterday, needless to say there was some serious talent on display. A buddy of mine who works there got to play in it and is going to send some pictures which I will post. Played Tsawassen this morning at 6am with the Captain in the traditional last day of the school year event.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Posting of Maxim golf pictures much appreciated. :D

Played Redwoods last weekend. In pretty good shape but one hole is being resodded around the green. Greens in great shape but very hard so don't hold some shots very well. Like a well struck 7 iron on a par 5. Bastards.

Greenacres 2 weeks ago. Slow greens and wet areas throughout course.

Riverway 2 weeks ago as well. Good shape and the greens were awesome.

Belmont on Saturday will let you know.

Richmond golf and country club last week as well. Besides the fact that there are too many trees, the greens are too small and the bugs were terrible it was ok to play. No carts were allowed on course which is fine by me but my dad was sure pissed.

Anyone play Northlands yet this year???? Itching to go play but want to know it is in ok shape before i go out there.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have had the opportunity to get out 3 times now this year, which is ahead of the normal pace of twice per year.

This last weekend at Sudden Valley, just across the border. I played not so embarrassingly, and had my drive working...which gave me a rather large boner.

Fun course...tons of water on the front 9, some big hills and blind shots on the back. Greens, despite all the rain, were hardwood. If I had figured those out, it could have probably saved me 8-10 strokes. Too many 3 and 4 puts.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
played point roberts a couple months back. was, as always, in great shape. clubhouse is finally done. one disappointment was they cut down, what i thought was a signature tree, in the middle of the long par five...5th hole if my memory serves.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
there you used to be some local amateur tournaments that were around. I think it was something like..."So you think you can golf?".

Does anyone know of this or any other tournaments that are out there?

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
"So you think you can golf" is the tournament hosted by Eighteen Pastures in Ruskin. The track used to be called Iron Mountain but I guess they hoped softening the name to Eighteen Pastures would lure more people to the track.

Toughest challenge around.......hands down. Slope 148 Rating 74.5 (I believe). The most humbling golf experience in the lower mainland - if you think your game is good head to the 'mountain for a reality check.

As a 4 handicap I've shot everything from 90 to 75.

Great pub at the bottom of the hill that serves one of the best burgers around - big log house.

Anyhow my two-bits

4ST OUT!!!!

Can't wait for footy to start up again. :bronco: :bronco:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
12 of us played Northlands yesterday aft. I was pleasantly surprised with how dry it was, they had carts on paths only in effect but didn't really need to. The course was in really nice shape, and afterwards the views from the deck overlooking the inlet and that other geographical area to the south were outstanding. I think it cost 45 or 55 bucks 2 play...

The down side was we teed off at 4 PM, and finished at 920, and wew were the 1st group of the 3 off.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4STGMP said:
"So you think you can golf" is the tournament hosted by Eighteen Pastures in Ruskin.

Toughest challenge around.......hands down. Slope 148 Rating 74.5 (I believe). The most humbling golf experience in the lower mainland - if you think your game is good head to the 'mountain for a reality check.

Great pub at the bottom of the hill that serves one of the best burgers around - big log house.. :bronco: :bronco:

Iron Mountain was previously owned by Mark Messier's brother. He sold it to a Langley businessman over 15 years ago. As a 2 year veteran employee of Iron Mountain, back in the day, it is the toughest course I have ever played. The irrigation system has not worked for 10 years and the fairways or greens haven't been punched ever. If you could invest $5 million into that course and fix it up, you would have one of the finest in Canada.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just got back from playing 45 holes at Twin Lakes near Penticton over the weekend. The wet weather has been perfect for the coursed up there. Twin Lakes, and every course I saw on the trip were in great shape.

My game on the other hand, wasn't.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played Point Roberts last weekend, and it was in great shape. The greens were lightning, and tough to hit and stick. Talented beer cart help

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played the Harvest and Sunset Ranch this weekend, both in fantastic shape. The Harvest has some of THE best service offered at a course, from free club cleaning, rides to and from you car all the way down to the very talented cart staff. Tight greens and some seriously beefy rough made for a very long day, but well worth the $102 bones. The Sunset ranch is a great little course though only 6207 off the whites. A 200- 220 yard 5 iron is highly recommended off most of the tee's. Their cart staff all had big front bums though.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belmont- greens in good shape. No cart service in effect. Golf was allright, lack of beer cart was terrible. Tremndous shuttle driver up from the 18th green though.

Point Roberts is in the best shape of any course i have played in the lower mainland this year. Awesome. Everything was great. Other than the prick at the border who decided to search my car coming back. Hey numbnuts, i'm not smuggling dope into the country, it goes the other way. should have just parked on the Canadian side and walked over. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0