Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Coed Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

I'll give you the benefit of knowing that Darko's goal was not off-side. There is no way that he was because he ran through a couple of people before he scored. Olie was off-side on his goal in the first half and I have no doubt about that one as the pass was given diagnally by me. There is a difference between saying that a goal went in (thanks Gerry) and telling Herb that I thought Darko's goal should count because I don't think he was off-side. For all of the YG's to stand there and almost take the goal kick when Eggy scored just shows what your team is out there to do, win at all costs. I don't think that you should order Gerry's AMSL final winning t-shirt this year as punishment.
Unlce Rico,
16 year olds get paid the most so I think you gave me a compliment.

P.S. Thanks for inviting us over for dogs YG's, once again showing why everybody likes all of you so much. I give a guarantee that if Jimmy Holiday was running that BBQ for cheatside that night, he would have invited your whole team over for some food unlike what actually happened.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,

plead the case with Herb
There was no pleading from what I saw, he simply walked up to Herb and told him it was a goal, I would have done the same thing.

Dial,

but Herb didn't bring his "A" game like he usually does.
If that's not TTP I don't know what is, Herb's a great guy but I don't think he's ever had an "A" game :D

Uncle Rico,

Welcome to TTP and nice work on your first post, a couple things though:
this used to be a team full of bite and passion,
You must be thinking of some other team, we've never had "bite and passion" unless of course you are talking about off-field escapades :eek:

Mackers, your speed and agility is second to none.
I've been trying to tell our team this for years, thanks for noticing.

two-nine,

Don't listen to Rico, you were magic on Monday and were the reason we got any points, more than made up for the thumping you took a couple weeks back, what's the average at now 4.00, i'm just glad I didn't have to go between the pipes, it would have been ugly, mind you Conductor wouldn't have had anything to be pissed off about ;)

Cheers, mackers.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
two-nine said:
P.S. Thanks for inviting us over for dogs YG's, once again showing why everybody likes all of you so much. I give a guarantee that if Jimmy Holiday was running that BBQ for cheatside that night, he would have invited your whole team over for some food unlike what actually happened.

Wow!! Do I sense a little bitterness that your team wasn't as prepared as our team - no net and no barbecue?!? Last week when the Dragons played before us a few of them joined us (well mainly just one girl but the rest were invited) and after the Beefeaters game (the one after ours on Monday) a few of their players came and had a beer with us, so there. :p

And when I was at the Cheatside-Dragons game except for Notty's marvelous cooking and the sharing of that food, there wasn't a whole lot of players co-mingling - except for when the Cheatsiders hogged the Dragons' bocce balls ;)

I thought the game went well - outside of the odd cat-fight I didn't see any problems - not like what I heard about some of the other co-ed games this year. And despite what you think, not only Gerry but some other players would have owned up to the fact that it was a goal - we're just having fun picking on him about it.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
There was no pleading from what I saw, he simply walked up to Herb and told him it was a goal, I would have done the same thing.

If the AMSL has a president who breaks people's noses and a VP who won't admit that a ball clearly went into the goal, then we may as well be playing in the Reek League. I hear it's as corrupt as they get!

nutmegs said:
Do I sense a little bitterness that your team wasn't as prepared as our team - no net and no barbecue?!?

Er, Megs...unlike YG Inc. they did have a ball.

Apologies about the BBQ snubbing. It won't happen again.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just taking the piss. Looking back we didn't invite anyone over for our post game kind of BBQ/Safety committee meeting. Sorry, won't happen again. :D

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
Er, Megs...unlike YG Inc. they did have a ball.

Apologies about the BBQ snubbing. It won't happen again.

Oops - you're right Dial - they did have a ball....but it was flat - at least Herb was good for one thing though and he brought a pump.

What's with YG Inc. management not having a ball - we can organize a BBQ and even have a table for condiments but we can't bring a ball :confused:

Thank God the women organize the food and the bevvies or we would be hopeless :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
Oops - you're right Dial - they did have a ball....but it was flat - at least Herb was good for one thing though and he brought a pump.

What's with YG Inc. management not having a ball - we can organize a BBQ and even have a table for condiments but we can't bring a ball :confused:

Thank God the women organize the food and the bevvies or we would be topless :D
You always get me going nutmegs! Always get me going.:eek:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nutmegs you were the last one who had the ball bag that I know of!!
What's with YG Inc. management not having a ball
If I remember correctly there was at least 5 balls in that bag so if you know who took it or who you passed the deed on to please let YG Inc management know!!You do have a point though it is a woman in charge of the bevvies and a great job she does!!In my books MVP on our team!! :D

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 9-1-1 said:
If the AMSL has a president who breaks people's noses and a VP who won't admit that a ball clearly went into the goal, then we may as well be playing in the Reek League. I hear it's as corrupt as they get!

Dial if you want to make a case for a corrupt league you need to post pictures with topless people.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
2-9's comment

"For all of the YG's to stand there and almost take the goal kick when Eggy scored just shows what your team is out there to do, win at all costs. I don't think that you should order Gerry's AMSL final winning t-shirt this year as punishment."

i was standing beside herb for half of the walk back to the centre circle after "the goal", and after i finished laughing i told him twice that it was in fact a goal. gerry and whoever else had already told him, yet he seemed really stubborn and embarassed about the whole thing, and was therefore reluctant to call it a goal. i felt sorry for laughing at him.
you can't expect our whole team to run to him and tell him it was a goal. that should be your job. anyhow, it was a goal, and always was going to be a goal.
as far as comparing that to blown offsides calls...no comparison.
shite happens.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barely There 4 - Union Jackers 2

They outplayed us. Someone on their team had their wheaties and scored a hat trick. Well done.

My apologies to whomever i offended or pissed off in this game. I was, and still am, a bit bitter that you think i'd dive in the box for a penalty shot. In co-ed especially. Think what you want but it was not a dive.

As for my "whining", when you get clipped in the foot over and over, or you take an shot and someones running into you, it gets a bit tiresome after a while. Just a few too many feet stepped on and ankles clipped for my liking.

Oh, well.
S'all good.

Next game not for a week or more.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDGC 7 - Beernuts 4 (I think...)

Thanks to the Carts for taking it easy on us.... we started off short but finished with 11 players (compared to their sidelines of 50?! :eek: ) and luckily they had Wade in net (though he played great in there too!) :rolleyes:

Enjoyable game.... the rain stopped for the game and continued right after our thumping...

Some nice goals by our girls.... Striker14 came out of net to take a PK and actually got it past Wade.... Nikki's nice curled shot into the top left corner.....

Next up.... GIn & TOnIc

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win for the Dragons last night over the Cosmos, 6-1, to keep our undefeated season hopes alive :D

Co-ed really sucks when the other team doesn't show up with enough players (2 girls to start?).

Notty had a stellar evening with a great bike and the best imitation of "the move" yet (by a 250 pounder) :D

TR was way too mellow, probably at fault for the one goal they did score :rolleyes:

Good to see Jinky out again - A tatoo on the back? Might as well be a bullseye! :D Good luck next week!

Up next for the Dragons are YG Inc. on Monday night in Poco. Not too sure who the ref will be as apparently YGs have had a moan about Herb doing it :rolleyes:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs congrats on your team's big win yesterday!Just cause you were wondering,I thought I would be kind and let you know in advance about the ref for monday night.After filling out the proper requests form, YG has been lucky enough to obtain Herb as a ref for mondays match up!!! :D :D

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty had a stellar evening with a great bike and the best imitation of "the move" yet (by a 250 pounder)
Your no spring chicken yourself Regs-O-Belly! :rolleyes:

Good news about the ref situation....nice to see the league not being pushed around by a certain Try Hard team! :rolleyes:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhh...didn't get that...I guess I expected a slag. Cheers! I guess i'm still bitter that Herb called the goal back! It took me 6 years to pull off another bike...and Herb had to steel my thunder!

PS...chicken is the leanest meat out there, so a belly full of it should also be a compliment. (man i can spin the crap! :D :D )

~NottywithnothenbutloveforRegs

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
R&R 3 vs 4 Barely There

Another wet and shitty night in the Coed season saw a very fast paced first-half with chances for both teams, but to no avail, as all seven goals were scored in the second half.

R&R took the initiative when Nikki managed to chip the wee man in net. Obviously, us scoring first proved a huge mistake as BT came back and scored three unanswered goals to take a 3-1 lead. Not to be outdone, the R&R crew returned the favour by notching a second. We owe our third goal to the poor wee man in net for BT who bent over to pick up the ball, let the ball slide through his arms and legs, only to see our striker who had fortunately followed the shot, take the ball and touch into the net for 3-3. I hope the wee man who was in goal is okay, as he appeared to injure himself on that lucky third goal. After the equalizer, BT notched the winner in extra time with a beauty to the far top corner.

Two games to go to secure the 8th and final playoff spot for R&R...here's hoping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0