Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2004 Imperial Cup Results and various

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I should hope I'm pointing out the obvious, but HOS is involved so you never really know.

I will point out the obvious, this League has gone down hill ever since we let the two Surrey teams in, went from 10 to 14 teams and split to two sides. So I guess it is all knvb's fault again.
HOS going off because he is out of CUP, and only has 4 games left, all do or die for a Provincial Spot.

sos

godfather

Jan 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB I totally agree with you.....the season should start sooner and the Imperial Cup should be played mid-week....I think it's time for some new blood at that VMSL headquarters,time is running out on those in charge.

LadiesJatt

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think to better the quality you would have to apply the same logic to div1 as you would to Premier so you have the absolute two best teams coming up and the worste two coming down. To add to the excitment a four team play off between those four teams at the end of the season could be something that draws good crowds and may leave the poor div 1 teams coming up from getting to priemier just b/c their league may have been very week on that particular year.

The year Norvan went down they had great players and were competitive throughout the year (you really had to earn a win if you played them). So the teams that had less points than them who still stay'd up made an absolute disgrace of the league the years after (argentina would have had less points than them as well but once it was official that norvan was relegated there was nothing to play for).

The league can pat themselves on the back for letting players waste an entire sat or sunday afternoon by going and pounding teams 8-0 the past two seasons. This season is not as bad but who says the coming seasons won't be if things don't change?

Cheers
LadiesJatt

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting were up on Richmond United 3-0 with about five minutes to go (which is when I left). It was scoreless at the half; United's keeper made some large stops to keep it at bagels after 45 minutes.

Unless things changed drastically in the final 300 seconds of the match, I figure we're through to the semis and officially in the Provincial Cup.

On the pitch beside us, Columbus seemed to be winning comfortably over Clan, judging by the goal celebrations it was 3-0.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 3
MF 0

fairly comfortable win. percy with two and nenad stojanovic with the other. tough pitch to play so it was basically alot of humping it up the park. nice to have provincial qualification wrapped up.
condolences to the idiots. another good run lads.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincial bound...

Go fish...

Surrey 2 Inter 1 (OT) Took a golden goal but we got it done. Inter was all over us for a few stretches, but other than the goal we weathered the storm pretty well. It was a pretty even game with both side having numerous chances. Inter, shall we say, shite the bed late in the second with two glorious chances to end it, but both shots went well wide. We were not with-out our pressure and chances. Keeper Kindel made a couple of beauties and if anyone but me had the rebound header I had a go at we could have salted it midway in the second. I scored our first off a long throw, then flick, I then "chipped" the keeper with a header. Scott Spraklin, I think, scored Inter's off an odd play it happened so fast I wasn't sure what happened, but he was really free inside 12 and hammered it past a stranded Smiles. The winner came early in the second OT with Joe Deacon clipping good ball into the box and our Scottish import Robby Wilson slammed a wicked volley side netting from about 17. Awesome shot!

Good game, good tempo, even better result... Chalk another one up for the good guys.

BTW, Pipo, what the fcuk does a guy got to do to get a Geeger these days?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man you were up early...

We have gas vouchers for all our guests when they come out to Slurrey. Simply see the parking lot attendant on your way out and he'll take care of you.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
early worm gets the bird...or something like that.
they haven't set a date for that game have they? i'm assuming we'll be waiting a few weeks whilst you lads make up a few games...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've heard we have the Trollups on Saturday out at Ambleside, then it's off to find some trollops at the Roxy. I imagine they'll play all the league games and get as close to setting provincial spots as possible.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Next 2 weeks are league games. Unlucky Burnaby who will finish their season this Saturday and have to wait until the third week of April to play again IF they make the provincials...

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to add to my above post...

What would you do if you were Burnaby... If we (Peg) win this Wednesday, that gives us a provincial spot. If we finish below Burnaby in the league, that lessens their chance to make provincials. However, their chances improve greatly if we finish above them.

Their last league game is against us on Saturday.

Food for thought.

~Regs.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On that note,

To elaborate on Regs post............To ensure that EVERY league game has "equal weighting" wouldn't it be prudent to finish the league before any of the Provincial spots have been confirmed.

Sandman

PS: Our prayers and best wishes go to Jordan Yttri (our 17 yrs old keeper who has been with us for the last month) and his family as he is in a coma fighting for his life after being T-boned by a Bus. Stuff like this really puts things in perspective. According to the league we still have to play on Wednesday :rolleyes: . Thanks to the Peg guys for their willingness to be accomodating.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

I'm really sorry to hear that and I'm sure everyone here hopes for the best for everyone involved!

i couldn't tell if your comment about Peg being accomodating meant we were or we weren't? I'd be pretty surprised if our powers-that-be insisted on the game being played 100% on Wednesday.

Cheers,

~Regs.
Sandman said:
On that note,

To elaborate on Regs post............To ensure that EVERY league game has "equal weighting" wouldn't it be prudent to finish the league before any of the Provincial spots have been confirmed.

Sandman

PS: Our prayers and best wishes go to Jordan Yttri (our 17 yrs old keeper who has been with us for the last month) and his family as he is in a coma fighting for his life after being T-boned by a Bus. Stuff like this really puts things in perspective. According to the league we still have to play on Wednesday :rolleyes: . Thanks to the Peg guys for their willingness to be accomodating.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

First sorry to hear about your young lad.............good luck to him, his family and Indo in getting through this tough time.

Regs,

You are right in your assessment..............so we will try for a tie :( like every other freakin week!

John

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milan 3 - Wolves 0

Smallsy

Good result for you lads, but come on!!!!!! The "authentic" AC Milan replicas-the ones with the 'Opel' sponsorship AND the actual AC Milan crest- is the most shocking uniform ever to be worn in the league.

That is SOOOOO Richmond League. I ordered Juventus grey for Sap in the summer and I refused to buy them when I saw the Juve crest. You guys must have felt pretty embarassed that Rino made you wear those.

In fact, talking to people around the park, they commented more on the brutal kit rather than the quality of Westside's play.

It's time to give those to one of the Westside special olympic C teams, ASAP!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0