Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard Ballz

There were a couple of new faces, but pretty much the same team as last year. Romeo was still up front, Iggy and king on the outsides.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky..

Wasn't really happy with the selection. Mine has been fairly durable, so I'll stick with it a bit longer.

Celtic bastard:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1-1 Tie at Mercer Turf

Both teams missing bodies on the night, but there was some spirit from both, with a huge 3 points on the line. First half ended 0-0 with neither team having any real chances, but the second half was very interesting.
Surrey was first on the board on the 55th minute when a Khalsa defender passed a ball back to the keeper (not HOS) that went past the keeper and into the gaping goal. Khalsa pressed after this with 3 or 4 great chances that either went wide or were saved by a very sharp Smiles in the Pipes, he was man of the match for Surrey tonight. Khalsa did get the equalizer with 20 to go off a through ball the the Khalsa YBK toed past an outrushing keeper. Went back in forth the final 15 minutes of the game with a few yellows for both teams, one for knvb on Jazzy. Khalsa keeper did make a great save off a Surrey header late in the game to keep the tie. Great result for Khalsa after two very dissapointing loopsides losses.
On to Firetoon nextsunday, can't wait for the X-mas break and the transfer season.

hos:mad:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 - MF 0

Very exciting game at the Port Moody turf on Friday night. Both teams were very fast, the pace was quick, the tackles hard, and the chances adaquate.

Paul Ward was in the middle along with one lady and another quality assistant. They did an excelent job and let the teams play.

Sap had some dangerous corners; near post flick late in the 2nd got to Paul Favs and he rang it off the cross bar. Favs direct free kick deflected off the top of the wall and looped towards the net. MF keeper scrambled back to make a brilliant tip over the bar. Both teams missed a couple of headers at the top of the 6. MF ripped a 35 yard laser shot just wide midway through the 2nd.

Sap controled the final 35 min. of the first half , MF controlled the first 10 and the final 15 of the game, but none dominated.

Kent got his 6th shut out of the year. Kevin Hearne made a cameo.

I was impressed with the MF speed on the turf and some great young talent. Give that team 3 years and they could dominate this league.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 1
Inter 2

Tough pill to swallow right now.........We had a 1-0 lead but Inter tied it up in a goal mouth scramble with 20 minutes to play and sealed the two points on a Van Schagen goal in the 88th minute.

Sandman

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside - Toons

West - 2
Fire - 1

Westside outplayed the toons.
Toons up one buzz on a rather late developing play. wicks should of had it. Frank in net for Toons dropped the cross and West capitalized. Sub for West in 2nd scored on a cheeky chip.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga didn't mention the goalscorers.

Steve Frazao - his 4th in three games - and the youngster/young veteran/young scoring phenom Alex Elliot replying for the C-Bus.

The Apprentice (aka "IcePac") was having a fine match before one of his surging runs from the back was halted midway, when someone shot him in the back of the leg. We all stopped to look for shell casings or gun powder residue, but it turned out that he just popped his hamstring. Nothing six pounds of ice and a tensor bandage can't solve.

Zenga played well for the Blue Jackets today...actually, all of them played well, it was a good effort, especially coming back from a goal down. The young kids up front run their bags off, and their talent is evident when the three of them go into attack mode as a unit.

It is nice to see that Hastings Bowl has held up so well under pretty lousy weather conditions. Great facility but they need more than two changerooms.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 2
Firetown 1

huge result for the lads today and i think fairly deserved.
toons went up on a direct play...kick n' flick that caught boban and myself a little too flat and in the back of the net on a well struck shot by cookie that wicksy couldn't handle.
we tied it after animal had the misfortune of having the ball squirt out of his hands after making a good grab on a cross. finished by john chou.
second half i think we carried the play and finally got the winner with about 20 minutes to go on a cheeky chip by the recently returned steve dickinson.
on to surrey next week. knvb if you could kindly get that game re-scheduled to saturday, (wtf? i thought your home games were always saturday) it would be much appreciated.

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 Indo 1

Very Disappointing loss today!
Both teams tried to play in the first half, have to give us the edge in that column. O. Heald with a great through ball to S. Grewal and we're up 1-0 at the half. We absorbed Inter's attack and statred our own...unfortunately we were able to find the back of the net on a few good chances.

Inter's is young and quick and they came at us in the second half. Two marking errors and they capitalize. We did not give up and just before the final whistle we score only to have it disallowed. Karm challenges for a ball with their keeper, doesn't touch him, keeper drops the ball, we score. NO GOAL!!

Burnaby next week and then the break to figure this shite out!

BTW: Dale Gill & Sal had a great battle today! Surprisingly, Sal didn't hit or headbutt him.

Happy Hannukah:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the sidelines reporting.....

I saw the game a little different.

Both teams had control of the ball in 20 minute spells.

I thought we had the majority of play in the first half, and were unlucky not to be up by two in the first 30 minutes, when we missed a couple quality chances, including a break away....

Indo scored on a quickly taken free kick. As we were standing around , Ollie took a quick free kick, from about mid field.... and put Stevie in a dangerous position on the edge of the right side of the box, who did well to put the ball on his right peg and slotted it nicely into the botom corner.
But, other than that, I tought Ollie was held in check for most of the first half. So, much so....he started out as a striker, then centre-mid, then right-mid......couldnt get away from the tight checking.

Second half was a little different. Ollie was everywhere.
Indo came out strong, hoping to put the game away, and were unlucky not to score. They controlled the ball for the first 20 minutes.....and I dont think we crossed centre....except for one Mike Tempesta (player of the match, IMO) run down the left side.
After that the play evened out, and we scored off a corner kick...in which the Indo marking was horrible....we finally found a team we have a height advantage.... turned into a goal mouth scramble...and we potted the tying goal.

Indo countinued to attack, knowing full well the single point couldnt possibly help them in the standings.....
We scored the winner late in the game, when Van Schagen received the ball about twenty yards out on the right side of the box...made a nice cutting move to his left (surprise, surprise) and did well to beat Didar low to the keepers left.

From the look on the players faces, you could see that Indo was gutted. Felt bad for the quality people over there....but, thats soccer.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad TA, that Hastings Bowl Kara is a bitch ain't it? I only wish I was there to see it. I could have called the ambulance for you. They're on speed dial now.

Just to add my two bits to HOS' post which is for the most part is pretty accurate. Khalsa sucked in the first half before, to their credit, they somehow turned in around in the second. They started with probably the worst line up I've seen this year even with HOS on the side lines. They ended up using all 5 subs between 3 guys who could hardly last 20 minutes each. 'Missing guys' is a bit of an understatement too, but from a club perspective it's nice to see all our 16 -- 18 year old young veterans play so well. (5 or 6 played and another 5 were dressed and ready to go) Can't wait for the break.

Instead of the garbage can in net Khalsa decided to step it up a notch and get themselves a dumpster. This guy was fcuking huge. We didn't give him a whole lot to do until the last 10 when he made a really big save off a header from about 6 out. More he took up so much of the net it hit him, but he was in the right place none the less. He could punt it a mile too.

Sorry HOS, I tried to help you out, but they're wasn't a whole lot of service up front in the second half. ;) Was more than just your pride hurt from last week? We could figure out why you didn't play, but we're not quite sure why you weren't even on the team sheet. I guess they needed space for Harry and Bobby's 15 minutes of game time.

Kevin Deliba(sp) was in he middle and had another outstanding game. I only wish Walks was there to see it so he could learn a thing or two before he c0cks up our game on Wednesday.

Good result for Columbus and really the rest of side B with them holding Sporting to 1 point. Good stuff.

What do I/we want more? Smallsy on the park or off it? Tough call, but I do need meg redemption so I'll see what I can do.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i WILL be on the park. just so i can be prepared....are you going to be on the first or last fifteen minutes?;)
why is the game scheduled for sunday?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To piss you off.

Hopefully I'll be on the first 15, I don't want my gasping and wheezing to spoil any impending meg celebrations. Goals be damned I'm on a mission.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BBY 3 - 0 Clan

We played our strongest half of soccer this year(mind you against the weakest team) but still it was great to see and play in! We were up 1-0 after 15 minutes and it stayed that way till half time but we should have been up by 3 or 4 based on glorious scoring chances alone.

Second half we struggled for a good 20 minutes but with about 15 to go we got the cushion we wanted with a spotter that Millar finished well:rolleyes: and then polished then off with another in the dying moments.

MOM was the new guy, Travis Turner................hasn't played since July and was strong for the entire 90 minutes.

Eggy did himself (ACL I think) which you never like to see.

Clan were there at the park before 1:00 and it looked like they were training:confused: Went up to the field to see them in pinnies and cones around the pitch.........................and it obviously didn't help a bit, THEY WERE SHOCKING! Didn't recognize a few lads, one being the keeper who was ok, with Iamabigguy on the bench with a few other regulars , Neil Young being one that comes to mind.

I think that is it for Clan, they look done. I can see a few lads looking to move elsewhere. I feel for Len as he is a good man. Should be interesting how they handle themselves over the next year or so.

John

Oh and Smalls...............did you hear Mikey sing??????????
:eek:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Utter tosser ........

I only wish Walks was there to see it so he could learn a thing or two before he c0cks up our game on Wednesday.

Noted ............ Maybe you should've gone out to a Division 2 game this weekend and got a few tips on how to pass / trap / head & shoot a ball.

Gotta' start somewhere sunshine ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0