Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walk a Mile in HOS's Shoes

I would like to thank the V.F.D. for the phone call (Millar and Shoey) talking me down from the roof of my appartment.
On that note, that is the first time I have been pulled in 8 years or so, the last time was in 1995 with Burnaby vs. Peg.
We are the worst team in the league right now, I am glad we are playing Slurrey next friday and end this lossing streak.

HOS's day, included getting lit up by VanShaggen, getting the hook, storming off for a shower and a chat with Besty, getting a drive by Olie up to the beer store for a case of Pill, talking to Sandman about One-on-Ones at Indo, and then getting a jump start to go home at the end of the day.

Nick, the keeper that took my place did not have any better luck than I, and he is going to be the keeper for Edmonton in the A-League next year. We did get two goals while down a man on a red card for a punch in the face to Tommy, but it was just an ugly day all in all.

On to Surrey next week, hope that knvb is in the line-up, he can only score vs. Columbus:rolleyes:

hos

simon

Aug 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smally Had to miss the game... but would like to know if any of the youngtr`s did well in what can only be described as a suprise result ? Keith

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
coach, the young kids looked very good. steve deblazio played the full 90 and did very well in the middle with a great finish for the second goal. john chou ran miles and won everything that came his way. others came on and impressed including al kosanin, and a couple other lads that i don't know but are apparently from cap and/or national program of some sort.
"young veterans" did their part too...;)

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos, at least you suited up for your game. I was at tha Bby, sporting game this afternoon, and much to my surprise, D. Nott was standing on the sidelines watching too. Now don't get me wrong having played on two teams with him, but, the hangnail routine is wearing thin. Milk Chocolate comes to mind..... I,ve seen one year olds with a higher pain tolerance. 250 pound flake!!!!!!!!!!!:)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Sporting-Burnaby game could best be summed up as one "devoid of any flow or atmosphere whatsoever".

It featured a second half with no goals, no cards, no real quality scoring chances and no warmth. All the goal scoring happened in the first 20 minutes or so, and things got less interesting from there.

Both teams worked hard trying to play their own games, but the result was a straight saw-off where neither could really ever get going.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by simon
Smally Had to miss the game... but would like to know if any of the youngtr`s did well in what can only be described as a suprise result ? Keith

In an attempt to take focus away from the not so mighty khalsa result, I heard from a source, that had a few Pilsners, that coachK was going to be taking over the helms at Westside again. Very interesting, that could get SimontheCurler out of retirement.

hos

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry HOS

THought when you stormed off, you were getting your cell to call Cliff Aveune to see if they had a spot open....
FRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiulllllli!

To HOS' defence, he did not play that bad....
He came up big on a couple clear cut chances...and I think he was only to be blamed on Kindel's goal....
HOS came out for the cross:eek: at the back post .....while Kindel was potting in the header at the near post.

Van Shagen's 2nd goal was another clinical free kick....the ones he has become known for....no chance for HOS.

So keep your head up....at least you lowered your GAA by getting the hook early...KNVB he only allowed three goals before Keenan pulled him.

The guy who came in for HOS....poor guy couldnt jump in his box in fear of cracking his skull on the cross bar. Fcuk the guy was tall.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Hands of Stone
On to Surrey next week, hope that knvb is in the line-up, he can only score vs. Columbus:rolleyes:

hos
That's not very fair, considering I don't think we've played since Columbus. How Ironic is it that the day I'm putting up my Christmas lights HOS is out getting lit up by Inter?

Pipo, how many is that for Shaggy now? He's having a tremendous year by the sounds of it. It must be from all the extra Surrey U training he gets in the summer. ;)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bby 1 - 1 Sporting

A decent first half with some back and forth action with both teams scoring. Mad Max for us and Fazzo on a deflected shot for the bad guys.

Second has rather uneventful, with very few quality scoring chances. We should have done better with a few chances in the box but inexperience killed us there.

We played with 3 U21's today and all did very well, but fcuk it would be nice to have a full lineup for a change. Sporting lost Batista with what might be a serious knee injury???????? I don't think Gebbe (sp) played for them but other than that they looked deep and should be placed well come the end of the year.

Shout of the day, "chocolate teapot" from Notty to Batista as he's getting carried off the park..............with the Sporting lads shouting back to Notty, "get a jersey on";)

Oh and I can't leave out the biggest twat in the league, Fonchesca:mad: An absolute joke of a diver for a player of his quality! Came on for Carlos in the second half and that was all he did, and unfortunetely Rene bought it most of the time:mad: Then he tried a head butt on me, and when confronted about it he snapped at the end of the match. I don't think he's been playing too much as his touch was off and his free kicks were shocking.

john

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

I'm always trying to present some neutrality in my views, even though I play, err, am registered, with Sporting. And objectivity has always been something I strive for. Therefore I do not feel bad in saying...

You calling that a headbutt is a joke. Tony flinched in your direction, and I had a pretty good view of it from my vantage point on the sidelines. I was all of eight feet away from the "incident". I have spent many a match watching from there and have all my angles covered because, as Burnsie says, it is all about angles. But you calling that an attempted headbutt is the equivalent of deeming one of our tripping fouls as attempted murder. Hopefully you don't spend a lot of time around anybody with a nervous tick or twitch, or you'd be looking at about 20-25 attempted headbutts a day, given your classification.

As for the diving comment. This is something of a moot point because it's been well-documented on TTP and it usually boils down to a "yes he does" vs. "no he doesn't" argument at the end of the day. In an ideal situation it would be said that if the ref calls a foul, it's a foul, and if he lets play go on, it's a dive - but even that idea doesn't work because conspiracy theories fly about regarding which refs favour which players (or styles of play).

Anyways, I should get back to work.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei (a guy whose opinion I would normally respect and find agreement with but...)

Fonseca is a diver and a whiner. Not even Sporting regulars would attempt to say anything to the contrary. He is the worst baby in the Premier League.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

My points about Tony were that I was surprised at his antics at or near the end of the game. Of course the headbutt bit was part of my rant but it just was part and parcel of what I was trying to say.........................why is a player of his caliber and skill doing these sorts of things? And before I let go his little "tick" of a butt I will say, anyone hinting at doing it better be able to back it up. If he were to raise a fist and partially throw it, the intent is there, whether he was going to do it or not, same as the flick of the head. I will leave the diving alone as yes it has been beaten to death by everyone here, for good reason.

My points were as much directed at the fact that Rene had to restrain him at the end of the match cause he couldn't stop yapping at me, threatening shite and blah blah blah.............all this from an international player and coach of our local professional soccer club.

John

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
isn't that the way it goes?

why is a player of his caliber and skill doing these sorts of things?

i see way more diving and injury embelishment at the pro level on tv then i see here mucking it up in the vmsl. it stands to reason that tony would behave this way...doesn't it?

non soccer people make fun of our sport, for good reason, because of this terrible display. it is also part of the soccer 'culture' around the globe - as sad as that is.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan...

What's going on with Clan?....Did they have any pick-up's since div.1 or is it the same team? I know they lost Jas Atwal to Khalsa but anyone else? Is Romeo staying put or os he going to Khlasa before the deadline?...........one more curious question....will Clan stay together if they go down to div.1?

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0