Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game today at Adanac, unfortunately, we came up on the wrong end of a 3-2 loss. Inter opened the scoring on a breakaway goal, we equalized 15 minutes into the second. If Azzi or Tremarco had been on hand. the last half hour is what the league should be all about. Both teams needing the win, and throwing everything at one another. Inter scored with 10 to go, we equalized almost immediately and they scored on the last play as we had everyone (including Didar) pushed forward trying to win. A good game for all specators to watch.

Congratulations to Sapperton on their win over Sporting, hopefully they secure a provincial berth with a win or tie against Surrey. Thus, sending 6 out of 7 teams from Side A to Provincials.

Don't know what else to say, but 5 months till preseason, and hopefully a promotion back to a revamped 10 team premier :eek:

Gilly

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great game today against Inter! We gave everything we had and left it all on the park! Both sides will argue that calls were and weren't made, but no one can say that there was a lack of effort. WAB, was I having a grand old time again today? You better believe it! That was a great game to play in and I'm sure to watch. We matched Inter's work rate and intensity and showed a spirit that we have lacked most of the year. Good Luck to all!(except for Side B teams) ;)

P.S. All of the Langara grads that play for Sporting......thanks for nothing!

P.P.S. Good to see Zaurinni on the park today! Your goal was offside though.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo - Inter

A great game at Adanac. Inter went up, but Indo always fought back. Indo was the better team - just like last week - but couldn't finish their glorious chances. They dominated the play and looked like a threat not only on every set play, but every time down the park. Us Sapp boys on the sidelines were definitely worried. Both teams were going for the win - 4 on 2's, 3 on 1's, even 4 on 1's in injury time. Again a great game to watch.

Dinis Kindel just got back in time for the game from his motorcross race. He was still in full motorcross gear when he was in net. Brutal kit.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini

What a twist in the game. I felt the turning point in the game was when Molica came out and Zaurrini went in. Pretty much a weak link and this move exposed Inter at the back. But in the end Zaurrini scores the winner on a nice move around Didar.

It is a true tragedy that Indo is relegated. If they were on the other side, they are a 3rd, maybe 2nd place finisher. They are definitely better than most teams on side B.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Zaurrini

whataboutbob said:
They are definitely better than most teams on side B.

Can't believe I am going to say this, but, Go Slurrey Go vs. Sap., I want to see a play-off between Burnaby and Sap., if they think the teams on Side A are so much better than Side B, my money would be on Burnaby in a one game play-off, so knvb, can you get the boys up for the game, you still have a chance to catch Sporting for the League.
It is unfortunate, that Indo is going down, but really, did they go out and beat all the BAD teams on Side B, ya they beat Khalsa, but how did they do vs. the others.

hos, Lets Go Slurrey

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It feels great that this weight is off our shoulders. But HOS, don't get your knickers in a knot just because I'm blowing some steam off on ttp. Maybe next year you'll play in some significant games, too.

Learn to live again, HOS :)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re:Side A vs B

Hands of Stone said:
if they think the teams on Side A are so much better than Side B
I just go by the facts:
Side A: 25 wins - 11 losses - 10 ties vs Side B

HOS, you don't think that's telling some sort of story?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does it really matter WAB? It's all relative innit? That 25-11 could just as easily been reversed the second go around. I would have thought you're above the hindsight comments like that, you're sounding like HOS now.

To answer your question, no I did not score on Zenga because he was playing up front and very nearly became the third keeper in two weeks to score a goal. Columbus, quite frankly, didn't seem to give a shite. They weren't interested, unprepared, disorganized and it really showed. If it weren't for some skilled youth who seem to have endless fitness it may have gotten ugly. Though in our defense it's hard to prepare for a game when you only see 7 or 8 guys come down to start a warm up with 10 minutes left before kick off. That was 10 minutes BEFORE Walks added an extra 15, out of sympathy I'm sure. Don't worry HOS, I think we've worked our way out of our funk, a funk btw, which still hasn't resulted in a loss in 8. For those of you keeping score at home.

Should be a gooder this Saturday WAB, always a tight game and normally quite enjoyable playing versus Sapperton, that is, if WAB can keep his temper and subsequent moaning in check... ;)

Come on Metro Ford...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Side A vs B

whataboutbob said:
I just go by the facts:

Not to mention with a Sapp win/tie, 6 of the 7 teams on side A will qualify for provincials....

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
I just go by the facts:

I guess all we can say is, "Thank God for the Clan", they saved everyones asss with points on side b, but they did get one win with 9 guys vs. us one strange friday night.
Congrats to Bronco on moving up, and moving down all in the same year, if you count his time with Clan.
Will Croatia and AFC do the same as Indo and Clan, and come up and stay for only ONE Year?

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Zaurrini said:
Not to mention with a Sapp win/tie, 6 of the 7 teams on side A will qualify for provincials....

On another note, if Indo had beaten Peg in the Imperial Cup, your games against us and Peg (who would then need to win against Surrey to make the Provicials) would be of the utmost importance. 7 of the 8 could have come from Side A. But thats just going off on a tangent.......

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3rd 4th 5th

Is it still the 3rd 4th 5th teams that switch sides?

If so, you can see how side B might be considered the stronger of the two sides next year....

So, this game between Westside/Firemen has some severe implications. Who is going to join Surrey, Sporting, Metro-Ford and Peg next year....
(am i too obvious in my wanting Firemen to get a result?)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's just the 3rd and 4th place teams that switch sides.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0