Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 VMSL Premier Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, Columbus would like to thank you for being in net on Friday and keeping up your wonderful tradition of letting in 3 goals per game. Columbus, I think, is the first team this season to not have played a game and still moved up in the standings. They couldn't have done it with-out you.

Well done.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are an idiot knvb, and it makes me happy to know that Slurrey will be out of Cup competitions very soon with the performances they have shown of late.
While the score pretty well reflects the flow of the game, it wasn't until the final 5 minutes that Sporting was able to finally subdue the feisty and energetic Khalsa team.
That is what Azzi had to say, but he has been wrong about games before.
On to the 3 goals on Friday night, it was 1-nil for Sporting after the first half, and with Khalsa needing a win, we threw everyone except Didar foward in search of 2 goals. We got one with 15 to go, but continued to press looking for the winner. Well with that, came a few breaks of the counter attack, and yes they were able to get the second one off a rebound that went to not one but two wide open players. The third came off a shot from a Sporting player that was walking in alone with our players all forward looking for goals.

0 points is 0 points no matter how many goals you let in, thank god.

On to Peg, where I will try to keep it under 3, and under 40 for the season :eek:

hos, Slurrey has no chance at catching Sporting, in fact, they may not pass the Capitals.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
idiotfish

Get the net! I've got a big one...

I suppose it's only natural for you to feel happy that we might be knocked out of the cup's soon. I know I took great pleasure in knowing Khalsa was going to show it's true form this season and do fcuk all. Thanks for helping with that too. Good luck in keeping it under 40 this year. I'm proud of you for setting such an obtainable goal and going for it. Between you and I, I didn't think you would even have a chance at keeping it under 50. I guess you showed me didn't you? Though it's not over yet.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: idiotfish

knvb said:
Get the net! I've got a big one...

I've got one, I know why knvb was sucking up to Columbus on the BIG move up the standings, they are the only team he can score agianst this year, so he is hoping that Slurrey may be able to get a friendly vs. them before Cup starts, and try to break out of his slump.
Don't worry knvb, you will score again soon, Co-Ed is starting in May.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holly Shite!

The Indo game was hard to watch. I saw Levit having a grand old time; even when the score was 1-0 and relegation was staring him in the face. Do you have a care in the world? :) It made me wish I could be so relaxed and just play the game instead of worring about my club.

We haven't played well as of late and Indo is nipping at our heals. This will be a very intense 2 weeks for Sapp and Indo.

Just imagine if we were on the other side. Life would be a lot better right now.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Holly Shite!

whataboutbob said:
Just imagine if we were on the other side. Life would be a lot better right now.

Ya life is great WAB, no one trains, we have our last game of the season on Friday, the first time in 10 years I have been done soccer in March, and we can't get 11 to show up for a Cup Game. Soccer Life is just grand.
I would much rather be in the pressure cooker that Indo and Sap. are in, at least the games mean something, but I don't think I would like the feeling of losing my final two gmaes of the season.
Good luck to both, should be very interesting.
Any chance one of the teams that either Indo or Sap. play, will roll over in any of these games, just a question? ;)

hos

no right peg

May 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Holly Shite!

whataboutbob said:
The Indo game was hard to watch. I saw Levit having a grand old time; even when the score was 1-0 and relegation was staring him in the face. Do you have a care in the world? :) It made me wish I could be so relaxed and just play the game instead of worring about my club.

WAB,
Playing soccer is supposed to be fun! The day that I stop having a grand old time is the day I hang up the boots. Obviously you weren't having fun anymore! Maybe if you focussed on playing and not running people over or beating them up after games, you would have enjoyed yourself a bit more. ;)

No Right Peg signing off with my game face on...Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
out at newton for the last half hour of peg v khalsa.
2-2 final although khalsa's young striker, who absolutely
shone when subbed in for the final 5 min, almost gave
khalsa then win when his screamer of a volley narrowly
missed the top corner :rolleyes: nice team shorts fawker!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS, I mean Cocco, actually scored their first goal :rolleyes: with a full shin-volley no less.

Stupid fcuking game with nothing really on the line for either team although we had a slim chance at winning our side and I disagree with the coaching staff's approach to the game...

Sugs (the juggler) and Ryan Powell with the Peg markers.

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Reading between the lines here, but I'm guessing HOS had a run up front?

I will let the CAT out, my testimonial was not me in goal, that has been done before, it was hos up front. I was lined up head to head with fervento, and guess what took place, a cracker of a finish to make the score 1-1 after 45. I only lasted 20 minutes, but it is not the time played, but the contribution to the team.
Good times at Newton tonight, the tunes were set up by RangerForever at the dance up staires, if I would have heard BillySquire and seen some tits, i would have been there in a second.

Final Score, Peg 2- MightyKhalsa11 2, good times after, the Peg guys are not too bad.

hos

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:
I beg to disagree on HOS' quality strike.
It was more of a knee to shin combination slap really.
On his testimonial, HOS delivered to the fan base - Outstanding.

A convenient twist of fate having the dance venue changed to Newton with the match being there as well instead of Queen's Park.
A great night to watch quality fitba from the terraces with pints in hand.

And HOS, the cougars at the dance were enquiring interestingly about those spandex shorts too.

You're a rock star man.

;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 2
Sporting 1

Sapperton played like a team desperate for points, and they got them. Hearne was in the lineup today and even if he looks like he may have lost a step, he's still a bloody handful to contain in the middle. He and Favaro make a pretty difficult matchup for any opposing center mid tandem.

The scoreline is a good indicator of the game - fairly even contest. Much more defense-oriented than the 5-3 shootout we had in Imperial Cup. There weren't many scoring chances either way, but Sapperton capitalized on the ones they needed to. Most of our good scoring chances came within the last 10-15 minutes of the game, when we were pressing to break the shutout.

I think that covers it. Metro-Ford next week on the turf, I believe.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
still in the league title race!

the game at cloverdale today was over before it began.
columbus needed a delayed kickoff to field 9 (plus a
keeper pretending to know how to play). their 11th
player showed up 15 in when they were already down
a goal. smiles could have been yet another keeper to
score with walks calling a penno in the final minute
but if he had gone that far up the field he would still
be on his way back to guard the squirrel. final 4-1
good guys. unfortunately for us, deacon left the game
in the first half and is gone for a possible 6 weeks with
broken rib(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.