Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 Preseason Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU vs Clan

Originally posted by Bronco

We play PAU on Tuesday at Softball city:confused: to get our confidence up;)

Tomorrow night @ 6:30pm South Surrey Athletic

The pitch is actually on the Semiahmoo Sec. School side of the road... Behind the baseball fields... It's not visible from the street, but the pitch should be in magic shape...

If you don't get your confidence up, you may as well end your VMSL campaign before it begins!!!:eek: :rolleyes:

PAU are not in the best shape thus far... Yes Bronco, too many chicken pies!!!;)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well my drunken friend, it'll be a tight game then, as we too are not in game shape yet. Hopefully the field is as you say in great shape. It better be for having to commute!!:rolleyes:

PS. I'll see you and Coop tomorrow afternoon for the pre-game!!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 4 Sapp 3.

Zenga wasnt there so I have no report. Cam Wilson scored 2 for us. Any Sapp lads see it???

Thursday 8:00pm Columbus v Sporting @ Queens Park!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though it was a friendly Columbus looked really good last night, from a unbiased spectators opinion:rolleyes: .They dominated the first 45 minutes of the game and had a 3-1 lead going into the half. Sapperton couldn't keep up with the pace of the columbus midfield or attackers...it could have easily been 6-1 going into the break. The half saw alot of changes , giving players some minutes which allowed Sapperton to get back into the game.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A wee bit late, but...

Last Friday evening:

Cliff Ave 1 - 1 Metro-Ford

Good debut for some off-season signings such as Big Mario and Jimmy Holiday. We've also got Norburn, late this evening out at the Lake, followed by the big tourney this weekend, once again at the Lake.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan 4 PAU 2

The score really doesn't reflect the way the game went. It really shouldn't have been close especially in the second half. PAU went up 1-0 on a very bad giveaway by our last man somewhat against the run of play. We equalised on a penal about 10 minutes later, and took the lead about 10 from half.

Second half was really one way traffic. We went up 4-1 before we started to change guys around and make some subs. PAU battled well enough for the most part, but died in the second half. Don't know if that was their full squad but really does it matter when VMSL plays FVSL;) They stole a late goal to make it 4-2.

Our CAT team is in the BBY tournament this weekend with perhaps 1 or 2 premier guys (I think you're allowed 3) We play Indo at Queens Park next Tuesday in our final pre season match. Battle of the newly promoted!!!!:rolleyes:

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside No-Bibs 4
Westside Bibs 3

An exciting and well contested 4 v 4 intersquad tonite at Hillcrest.
The No-Bibs jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, but the Bibs fought back to make it close but unfortunately couldn't complete the comeback.
Sadly, no megs.
Big rematch on Thursday around 7:30 for anyone who might want to come out and watch.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
flattering

Second half was really one way traffic. We went up 4-1 before we started to change guys around and make some subs. PAU battled well enough for the most part, but died in the second half. Don't know if that was their full squad but really does it matter when VMSL plays FVSL;) They stole a late goal to make it 4-2.

You flatter yourself a tad with this review Bronco. I would say quite objectively that Clan were deserving of the win, but by no means was it "one way traffic" at any time of the game. We gifted you at least two of your goals on poor individual play......even poorer than our low FVSL standards. :rolleyes: Also, missing some notables in our lineup as Clan was.

Anyway, best of luck to Coops, Somo and the boys from Clan. Cheers for the run tonight.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever the case may be Skip as far as gifting goals. I don't think you guys were in the match for long stretches in the second half. Again, I said I didn't know if that was your full squad, but judging by the 19 guys you had out, I'd say it was pretty close!!:rolleyes: We were missing 2 or 3 guys, but you don't see me making excuses for only winning 4-2 do you??;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan 4 PAU 2

Dismal display on our part, however the game served it's purpose... Not too bad for our first match of the season... Yes the few young lads filled a few gapping holes, but all in all a respectable final result against a talented Clan squad...

4 GREAT goals by Clan:rolleyes: was the difference...

*Side note* Bronco must have drugged my water when I went to the pisser during our "pre-game love in"... That can be the only explanation for my great play!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Good luck to your lot on the up coming season... I predicted a second place showing behind Surrey on your side...:)

Guinness

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan 4 PAU 2

PAU went up 1-0 on a very bad giveaway by our last man somewhat against the run of play.
... They stole a late goal to make it 4-2.

You guys pissed on us in many respects, but most of your goals were gifts inside the 6 ( teenage keepers), unlike our 1st goal when, despite how you characterize it, B. Roberts picked up the ball at the 25 and skinned your last defender:eek: badly before slotting it nicely.
Plus our second goal was magic finish.;)

Vmsl teams are going to dictate the flow against us for the most part, but they still have to get through the final third to score...not always an easy task, while we have to battle and hope for some good finishing on our chances. We know we're in tough but one never knows...:D

Good Luck to Clan in the Premier division.

Aves
clanalumni87

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Aves
unlike our 1st goal when, despite how you characterize it, B. Roberts picked up the ball at the 25 and skinned your last defender:eek: badly before slotting it nicely.

Yes it was very reminiscent to Maradona's goal in 1986 vs England. Give me a fcuking break. Our last man gave him the ball 20 yard out, and he did exceptionally well to push the ball to one side and beat our keeper on a 1 vs 1. Tremendous goal!!!:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Funny how goals scored against you always suck or are a flukes eh? Not the rib splitting funny either more the I've been touched in a "special place" kind of funny.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes it was very reminiscent to Maradona's goal in 1986 vs England. Give me a fcuking break. Our last man gave him the ball 20 yard out, and he did exceptionally well to push the ball to one side and beat our keeper on a 1 vs 1. Tremendous goal!!!:rolleyes:

I say your defender was beaten badly by leaning the wrong way and getting skinned and you have to bring up Maradona to skew the point being made... there was one guy between him and the goalie who had a chance to stop him and he failed by going east instead of west...a simple point really, and the only goal worth mentioning for the night.

but since I was playing with clan circa 1986 (albeit sparingly) maybe subconsciously I harken back to the days of ol' :rolleyes: :)

thelastwordisn'talwaysright
exceptnow

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SFU Varsity 4
Peg 0

I wasn't there but have heard that we had 10 players... apparently we moved the ball well... from the look of the score, I'd have to agree that we probably did move the ball well... from the back of our net to the centre circle :rolleyes:

3 more preseason games for us, all in the Trollups tourney this weekend.

Saturday we have Columbus
Sunday we have Rose City (I think this may be a Portland Oregon team)
Monday it depends on how we finished in our group (there are only 6 teams total)

Cheers,

~Regs.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a tourney schedule right here and it says Columbus v Pegasus 1:00pm Field B (ambleside)

Maybe a different Columbus team? I doubt it though as this is the tourney that AC Milan entered always, isn't it?

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two more warm ups

Apperently, we have Aldergrove on Saturday and Indo on Monday. I always look forward to playing Indo. There's never been a game with more than a goal differance between us. Should be a good test for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0