Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 Preseason Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporing won the open division of the Burnaby Canadians tournament with a 4-0 victory over Croatia just a short while ago. They advanced to the championship game via a shoot-out victory over Burnaby in the semifinal, after the game finished 1-1 in regulation time. Croatia knocked off Sapperton 3-0 (I think) in the other semifinal.

I'm not sure what the score was in the consolation final between Sapperton and Burnaby.

~Scoop.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 1
Trollups 0

Bunny with another cracker off the post :rolleyes:

Steve London's 4 save performance for the entire weekend was enough to secure MVP honours (he didn't play the second game) :D

We actually got stronger I felt as the tourney progressed. Still not up to where we need to be by any standards but I think we'll be able to keep the momentum going through next weekend.

Cheers,

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey edged out Indo 6-3 tonight in a solid defensive battle. :rolleyes: Indo were up two early and playing quite well, but for some reason they seem to have just stopped playing. I think it was 3-2 at half for us and 6-3 by the end. Indo did have Smiles in net for the first half so , we'll forfeit the first two goals and take the 4-3 win. ;) Their third was an OG.

Fitness all around was average, but a pretty good game non the less. Except for a minor little skirmish at the end a solid friendly before the season starts. Indo did have a few notables away though.

Thanks for the game Sandman.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC 3
Westside 2

A very young, fit and organized UBC squad took a 3-0 lead to the half. A very old, unfit and disorganized Westside squad scored two in the second half to make it respectable. On a positive note, Westside lads did score two of the UBC goals including a well slotted OG by yours truly. Nice stuff. :rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Battle of the New-boys

Clan 1 vs Indo 1 at Queens Park tonight, only watched about 15 min. before we ran for 2 hours, so there is not much to report.
Levitt did have a great two footer just outside his own box, and both keepers are very tall. No real additions for either team, but I did see Karm up front for Indo, he can score the odd goal.

Queens Park is in great shape, but with both Indo and Khalsa playing on it this year that may not last very long, especially with the number of games it takes during the week.

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not a bad game last night. 1-1 is a pretty fair result. At times both teams took it to the other. Absolutely diabolical (sp) tackle by their plonker playing in the back on Eggy. two footed him in a very clumsy tackle. Eggy now officially listed as questionable for Saturday's season opener against Bby. Just no need for that in a friendly right before the season.

3 more sleeps until the season starts!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Different Tackle

Originally posted by Bronco
Absolutely diabolical (sp) tackle on Eggy.

That wasn't Eggy, that was the lead singer for Oasis. Was that A.K. suiting up for Clan, I though he played for Firetoon last year, not sure.

Jazzy has made the move from Clan or Peg and is now in Khalsa colours, and Bobby Thorton is back, very fit and he kinda scares me, would not want to be going against him.

Looks like Clan may struggle a bit this year, if they go with that back-line.:eek:

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS fancies himself a little too much!

Yes that was AK. He was with Clan last year, and you are right we have a crap backline. I'm crap, Summo is shite, JOsh and Fozzie are terrible!! Christ if we only had you in net, we could round out the worst back half in the league!!:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS does play for the Mighty Mighty Khalsa now. Fcuk, one year in the league, mid table and they get two Mighty's. Can't wait until they win something.

Superkhalsafraggulusbexbaladousious Khalsa.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You forget though that they won the Pacific Coast League!

Of couse, HOS wasn't playing :eek:

~Regs.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

First off you stole that line from Capt. He mentioned it to Zenga I believe some time ago!! Second touché!!:rolleyes: However, I didn't stitch any of your players!! Stupid stupid stupid!!!!

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did I get involved in this! Bronco at least you can admit your crap, thats the first step. I haven't been able to do that yet!;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're already over 5' tall.

To be on topic Orange vs Green bibs Thursday. I expect Orange to win in a close one.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Hurts Regs

Originally posted by Regs
You forget though that they won the Pacific Coast League!

Of couse, HOS wasn't playing :eek:

~Regs.

First I take off the I-tal League and Friulli win a game, then I take off Nations Cup and Scotland win the Cup, then I take PCSL off and Khlasa win the Challenge Cup and League Cup.
Anyone want me to take a year off with them, so they can win a Cup.

By the way, it is Provincial Chumps vs. Challenge Cup/PCSL League Champs this weekend at Cloverdale Athletic.

But I am still thinking about taking the year off.

HOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0