Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2003/2004 Preseason Matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If any premier teams are looking for a run against a division one punching bag, send me a PM. Cheers.

Reedy finally returned the phone call after he ALMOST signed up and started posting. :) Come on, Reedy. Quit lurking. I'm happy to announce that Mr. Rob Reed will be signing with Club I this year. I probably should have put it in the division one thread but I couldn't be bothered. Welcome aboard, Sunshine.

CAptain

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Repeat Peformance

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
I'm happy to announce that Mr. Rob Reed will be signing with Club I this year.

Now the question is, Will he be leaving in January like another Double "R" did last year? It is hard to stay away from that damn Flying Horse, once it gets you, you can't stay away.

Great signing Capt., I hope the big man can score a plenty for Club I.

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight: Clan vs Peg at Newton at 6:45pm I think:confused:

Saturday: Clan vs SFU Varsity at Fox Field at 2pm!

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club I signings

Capt. Shamrock

You posted:

I'm happy to announce that Mr. Rob Reed will be signing with Club I this year.

Seems that RR's twin was wearing the Flying Horse tonight at Newton. Scored a goal or two and looked quite comfortable up front. Should look good wearing the new Peg Kappa kits!!

Once a Peg Boy always a Peg Boy!!!:D

NTG

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Defensive struggle

Well after spotting Regs, Reedy et al 4 goals in the first half, we settled down a bit and gutted out a 5-5 draw with Inter errr Peg. Regs, you'll forgive the Freudian slip, but what is with the 22 guys?? In all honesty, I don't think you can draw much from the match last night, other than there was some shoc-king tracking of players on both sides at different parts of the game. Reedy looked nay bad for a guy who hasn't played competitively for 1 1/2 yrs. Regs was awful:rolleyes:. Peg have some good young talent and will likely be a top side again once they get fit. What year do you figure that'll be Regs?;)

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco

Bronco

Actually there were 40 guys there. The Cat and U21 were training next to the game. Not that Clan did not bring players, young Justin is from Youth system last year

Regs out of shape...

Just a cagy veteran taking his time!!!

Wait until Ran has a few training sessions under his belt:cool:

NTG

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough, but how much time does the cagy one actually have?? ;)

On a side note. SFU Varsity drew with Inter 1-1 last night.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cagey One

Bronco

Inour Club we respect and revere the status of a veteran such as the "Great Regs' so we will allow him as much time as he needs.

That is why we are working on the complete Club system from U21 through Cat 1/2 to the Premier so that the Senior members can save their talents until the dead of winter and into the Spring!!!

NTG

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Translation for Everyone

Originally posted by Next to God
Inour Club we respect and revere the status of a veteran such as the "Great Regs' so we will allow him as much time as he needs.

What NTG is really saying is, "Regs, have fun sitting on the bench and playing with the CAT Team until you get for Asss Fit"
But the "Great Regs" does sound good.

5-5 game, not a great debut for Bronco in the back for Clan, who was in the pipes for these teams, was it London for Peg and Jeff for Clan?
A guy like Reedy lights up a back line, and he hasn't played in 2 years.

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeff and Jason Becker split time for us in the pipes, and London, and some other guy split duties for Peg. As for my debut, I think NTG and Regs will agree with me when I say, there wasn't a lot myself or Sumner could do about any of the goals. Reedy and Bunny weren't really the ones that were killing us in the 1st half. It was Mastro, Fiorvento, and Regs :rolleyes: coming out of the back. All in all, we showed something in not folding up the tents, but a long way to go for sure!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's August for fcuk sake! Fitness counts in February, March, April and May, it's a tried and true concept... not too sure if Saints will make it by then though :eek: :D

4-0 at the half and we played some nice stuff at times. Reedy and Bunny will be a force in the months to come. Mastro fed some great long balls that led to a couple of goals... how about that finish by Adam for the first goal?

Clan looked a little disorganised... knocked the ball around the back well but didn't generate much going forward from there (at least in the first half... I didn't really pay attention in the second).

I think it was 5-1 at one point with maybe 30 minutes to go? As Bronco said, they did well to not fold the tent... we folded ours instead :D

All-in-all a good first run for the preseason and the young talent coming up in our system is looking good!

See ya in CAT :D

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't Tell Coach Dave That

Originally posted by Regs
It's August for fcuk sake! Fitness counts in February, March, April and May, it's a tried and true concept...

I forgot, all the games before X-mas don't count for anything, unless you are trying to win the League.
What happened to Peg last year, great first half of the year, then after X-mas it all went to hell with many a lose, where was the Winter/Spring Fitness then.

But I do like your tried and true concept.

HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Don't Tell Coach Dave That

Originally posted by Hands of Stone
What happened to Peg last year, great first half of the year, then after X-mas it all went to hell with many a lose,

You mean the same way Khalsa pulled a vanishing act last year?;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I forgot, all the games before X-mas don't count for anything, unless you are trying to win the League.
Good point but at my age, I'm concerned about BC and National Championships. If a league title comes with it, that's gravy :D

It's a long season HOS, a long season :D

I'll say hi in September :eek:

~Regs.

next to god

Not Bright
Aug 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos, we welcome all old Peg boys...

Hos

The CAT team could use a veteran keeper to work with the 4 or 5 keepers in the Peg system...

Always a home for a Peg Boy

The CAT keeper is with UBC until November.

Going over the CAT/ Premier lists this morning I did not notice Robin on the CAT side of the list at all only on the Prem side.

Wait till all the young guns are there, shpould be fun!!!

NTG:D :D ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Peg love in is bringing a wee tear to my eye...

HOS, there is no place for you in Surrey U. "CAT" or other wise. :p

Captain, you have a full squad and we're 100% on for Saturday right? Please hurry, our management needs to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0