Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WEST VAN
theyre style is pathetic, they have 6 FATIES who should be in hot dog eating contests instead of on the pitch. One LOSER up front who waves his arms in the air & tries to fly away after he scores a shite goal, a couple o donkeys for defenders, o yea , they just beat us.....THE MOST PATHETIC LOSS IN THE HISTORY OF THE BLAZE....EMBARASSING TO WATCH, OUR REPLACEMENTS SHOWED NO F'N HEART, GRIT, DESIRE. They got on their cell phones right after the game & were laughing about the night before....couldnt care less about just shitting the bed....they wont be seeing the field any more this year. could be a blessing in disgiuise....a wakeup call of sorts....WE WILL WIN OUT.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BR,

If your replacement were from your B team, then no wonder you lost.

2 CAT "B" # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Club Ireland Hibs 15 9 4 2 51 17 31
2 Croatia SC Classic 14 9 2 3 53 36 29
3 WFC Rangers "B" 14 7 4 3 29 16 25
4 Surrey United "C" 12 7 3 2 31 12 24
5 Bosna Kosova 13 7 1 5 45 27 22
6 Vancouver Lobbans "B" 11 6 0 5 26 21 18
7 Elephant Walk Socceroos 13 2 3 8 16 42 9
8 Bombastic FC "C" 14 1 2 11 11 40 5
9 City FC Blaze "B" 12 1 1 10 7 58 4

We are shite, but not that bad!! :rolleyes:

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Vinnie,

The JV's as we are now known have added some additional training routines to get the squad ready for Cup Play. Since we will be playing against a few teams that are full of ladies...Well actually beyatchs, we figured that it would be best to train against women to best ready our selves for the competition ahead. :D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie my friend, you came up with that site awfully quickly. Are you a regular there or did Spud turn you on to one of his Favourites?? You guys could have your hands full with WV this weekend. Hope you have a full squad out and who knows what can happen. Good luck!!

Actually the term JV's is a latin abbreviation short for "Div 2 Cup Champs".

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bonefish said:
Since we will be playing against a few teams that are full of ladies...Well actually beyatchs, we figured that it would be best to train against women to best ready our selves for the competition ahead. :D
When's your exhibition v. Blaze?

taco

Feb 5, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matchup of the weekend.

PGS"A" v Alemania FC.

Where, you ask is this epic cup battle being held? The friendly confines of Strathcona West no less. 2pm lads. I know you lot just had a match V the PG"B" over Superbowl and came away drawn at 2. Last weeks game was PPD for us so we took the time for our players to recoop errrr get absolutley cabbed.

Pints at 9. See you at the touch line.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
One Big 2'C Game of note this weekend is the Rangers vs Ravens....Have the Rangers been training hard? Are the Ravens down and out, or are they bitter and out for revenge??? hmmm We will find out on Sat on everyone's favorite dogrun, Strathcona!!!!

TEAM(MaxPoints) Ease of Schedule RemaingGames
WUS(42) 575 Signmaster(2),Ravens
WFC Rangers(41) 600 Ravens
Signmaster(39) 375 WUS(2),Richmond,C-Men
Ravens(37) 480 Champlain(2),WUS,WFC Rangers,ElephantWalk
Richmond(36) 700 Signmaster,ElephantWalk

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy shite, if you devoted half the time you've spent on your ranking formulas to more humanitarian causes there would be no more hunger, poverty or injustice in the world. There would be world peace, unrestrained happiness and a total lack of hatred to be found anywhere. Instead, we have the most convoluted rating system the galaxy has ever seen. You think Darth Vader had a hard time sorting out which alien species had the hottest chicks to use as concubines? Fcuk a duck, try unravelling Bonefish's Division 2 "ease of schedule" rankings. Tell me, if I was playing with myself what would my ease of schedule grade be? I think I'm easy but I really need to quantify it with a number. How about 666, Is that taken? I kind of gravitate towards it for some reason. Like Therapist to a case of Canadian. Or any beer for that matter.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are getting evil cause you are going to miss this weekends match while you and your special lady grope each other in some seedy motel in Tofino? You want a damn rating, why don't you take the old lady past third base(Or is your hand more inviting??) and ask her for one? Or are you afraid of a 66.6 rating? :D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am willing to chance receiving a 66.6 rating. The problem that remains is I wouldn't have a clue what it meant. Damn, I better read that book Kim Catrall wrote on the female orgasm if I don't want to blow it (pardon the pun). Perhaps you could lend me your copy?

Have fun this weekend. Try not to do all your scoring at home, eh.

B.R. KELLY

Sep 21, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FIRE IS OUT

SOrry to say the firemen just shiet the bed, losing to B utd. this aft..Caught the last 20 mins, firemen were up 1-0. Mucker of a game, mabye the field, mabye the players, i believe the latter. b utd scored on a pk, then off of a corner, beauty header to seal the fireflakes fate....Didnt i call the loss a few weeks back, befor the game was postponed??????
out

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze redemption

BLAZE 8 - WV. ROYALS 0

We were looking for redemption with most of our starters back. WV only showed up with 8 players. What else is there to say.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well . . . things have just become much more interesting.

But I'll get to that later.

WFC Rangers A 0 - 0 Ravens FC

They don't call Strathcona the "Great Equalizer" for nothing. Balls were hopping over feet on simple 15-foot passes; balls were stopping completely in 4-inch puddles at the centre of the park; it was a horrible sight to see.

But whatever battle managed to appear out of the match-up was nullified by the ineptitude of the official. He issued, what seemed to be, more than half a dozen yellows in the first half alone. Most of them being pulled from his imagination. Offsides were onside, onsides were offside. It was a mockery. It seemed as if, in a tribute to the late Alec Bell (bless him), he was trying to play the most important role on the . . . for the lack of a better word, "pitch".

That's not say there weren't chances. Shortly after we rung one off the bar, the Raven pulled together a sharp-angled shot from 10 yards. Apart from those, it was mainly dominated by Westside -- but that's only due to the ball being in their end for the majority of play, rather than any actual dangerous possesion.

Everything fell apart in the second. First it began with a straight red to our left midfielder for stating, "That's ****ing brutal" to a call that should have been a corner but was called a goal kick.

Then, in certainly the most ridiculous and obvious make-up call in the history of world-wide sports, the ref issued a red to the Ravens for a tackle that . . . well . . . I'm not sure it really was much of anything. The Ravens were livid, and we were just bowing and shaking our heads. With a little chuckle.

10-on-10, which would've looked good to us, went quickly by the wayside when along came another red to us and dropped the game to 10-on-9. At this point, the Ravens pushed hard -- downhill -- and we had trouble putting anything together or keeping posession from fatigue. They managed two decent shots coming down their right side, and one simple tap-in from the left which never amounted to anything.

We were disappointed for the lost points, but happy with our effort in spite of the short-handedness, while the Ravens had to be disappointed for not coming away with more.

---------------------

So here's how things get more interesting:

We've topped out at 39 pts.

WUS can still max out at 42, but a loss will see them tie us for a playoff.

Signmaster can max out 39 and earn a playoff with us.

Since Signmaster and WUS play each other twice, only one of them can tie with us (that is, if WUS doesn't sweep their final 3 and come out alone on top). Signmaster needs to win all of theirs, therefore leaving WUS with a max of 36. If WUS only drops 1 (to Signmaster), then Signmaster can only achieve a max of 36.

This is like one of those logic puzzles.

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting indeed!

Strathcona does truly suck, eh Keeper! I must say this year has also brought some of the most mystifying(?) officiating as well. We had the guy yesterday who in the 2nd div cup against the Knights last year made us play 2 regular time periods after a full time tie before he went to golden goal- it never went to spots! He had both us and Sikh B shaking our heads most of the day, although none of the red card crap. Playing through puddles would indicate some standing water as well which should result in postponement. Was it the white guy with glasses who drives the 'vette? He has a serious Mussolini complex. Hopefully Signmaster will step up and spank the Wuss at least once- I'm sure most of us hold that sentiment-and there will be an exciting playoff either way!

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Interesting indeed!

angryman said:
Strathcona does truly suck, eh Keeper! I must say this year has also brought some of the most mystifying(?) officiating as well. We had the guy yesterday who in the 2nd div cup against the Knights last year made us play 2 regular time periods after a full time tie before he went to golden goal- it never went to spots! He had both us and Sikh B shaking our heads most of the day, although none of the red card crap. Playing through puddles would indicate some standing water as well which should result in postponement. Was it the white guy with glasses who drives the 'vette? He has a serious Mussolini complex. Hopefully Signmaster will step up and spank the Wuss at least once- I'm sure most of us hold that sentiment-and there will be an exciting playoff either way!

Hey Angryman, good on your lot yesterday, you guys played hard, and it was on of the better games we have had all season. You guys really pressed hard in the second half and were unlucky to come out with at least a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0