Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bonefish's weight got a bit out of control during the break. I put on 7 pounds since Dec 17th to take me to the 210 mark. My teammates will be be able to roll me down the field to soak up all the water on the pitch with this insane rain we have been having. It isn't even snowing in the Mtn's. I went to Baker last Friday and it was +5 degrees at the summit...

Back on topic. Predictions...

No Games this weekend
Monday Ravens Vs JBs will see a 2-1 JB victory....

-7lbsMoreToLove-

Duke

Jun 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mickster said:
I hear you Creedance...... Duke and I will be "chatting" I'm sure :D

Happy New Year and I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We are back in the saddle and ready to go hard!

Stella's will be delivered, we just have to figure out where and when! Did you know Stella Artois is actually a Christmas beer? So Christmas will continue!

The Rangers are back, injuries are OK, and we are ready to finish the season off hard and strong!

Duke

Big Bird

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What the shite, why is it that McBride is closed for our game this weekend?? Does that parks board have it in for us or something??

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McBride has a long-standing reputation for being one of the soggiest fields in the city. Don't ever expect it to be available until at least February of any year.

Rangers v. Champlain on this weekend. God, I'm fat.

Saturday's Knights v. Persian Utd moved to Point Grey (Trimble) Park. -- I think Number2 is crying in a bar downtown somewhere. God, he's fat.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good way to lose the holiday fat, as I've just discovered the last few days, is not by training, but rather get the stomach flu. I lost 8 pounds since Wednesday. For a small fee I'd be willing to spread my germs for any interested. Geez, maybe I'll last more than a half this week.

And Mickster, how the hell do you get a foot infection? (sticking it where it doesn't belong?)

porkchop

Feb 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 5 - Maplewood 0

Firemen find the net for a change. Another great defensive result. Although our keeper came up with a couple of great saves, to bad for them that they had to take there shots from 25 yards out for any hope of a chance to ripple the net.

Match of the week next week Firemen vs Blaze.

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WUS 6: RFC 0
What can I say?! This was the most frustrating game I've been involved with in a while. They had 7-8 shots, and scored 6 goals. We had about 80% of the possession, and the majority of the game was played in their 1/3 of the field. We didn't get any bounces or luck. Every shot was blocked, hit a post, or we just shanked em. To WUS's credit, they played the perfect game plan. They have 3-4 talented players, who all played well, and 6-7 goons that played their roles well. They wanted it more than we did, and it showed in their finishing and their tackling. I'm still in shock over the result, and it now makes our chances at promo a whole lot slimmer. The only consolation is that last year we got spanked by Cliff Ave and then didn't lose a game till the cup semis. Maybe this will spark a run?! I hope we can rebound and finish the season with some strong outings.

TS

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well it's been a while since I've posted but the results are the same.......we got spanked and I won't make any excuses........10-1 and it could have been more........I watched my team part like the red sea.......I swear they had Moses on their team.........good teams finish everything and that's what they did........6-0 at the half and four goals came off sh1t clearing attempts, one was a penalty which I almost saved but it went inside the post and one of their goals a player of theirs ran untouched from the center of the park near the sideline and before anyone can put a finger on him he laid it off and their other guy turned our defender and nice shot to the upper corner.........Second half and how does it start off.......straight off the kick off they come up field and score........their one player beat about six players and slotted it by me.........three more goals and one post came for them.....at least somewhere in there we broke Keeper's shut out......yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah.....not........how was the mud on that goal Keeper?........hahaha......at least this team along with JB's and a few others don't whine and play a clean, hard game and it's fun playing them.......even though we got blown out Keeper still had class at the end saying to me "Good game way to hang in there" or somewhere along that line....I wish I had a white flag to throw in at half time...and I wish that some of the players in front of me played their positions instead of running like chickens with their heads cut off for most of the game but maybe this will serve as a wake up call to play better at least.......good luck to WFC with promotion hopefully you can beat WUS

angryman

Feb 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little revenge for NK I see. Are you out of jail Mcdirty? All 3 Bombastic sides lose. Work kept me away from the soggy pastures of Newton. Oh well, nowhere to go but up! Quite surprised and disappointed by the Cougs loss to the Whining Useless Scumbags. Thought Signmaster would take the Elephants as well. Maybe if Champlain's Keeper were fatter he could cover more of the net! Just kidding ( I would have used a smiley but I'm illiterate with the new format) Way to keep your chin up

mcdirty

Sep 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im still locked up but my release is scheduled for this weekend ;) !We are going to make a run at the cup and am happy we were left off the poll for the Div.2 cup becuase we are gonna shock the hell out of everyone ;) !Can You say DOMINANT?

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shell Shocked

at least somewhere in there we broke Keeper's shut out......yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah.....not........how was the mud on that goal Keeper?
I swear, as soon as I saw that give-away to your forward, I rolled my eyes -- not because of the mistake, but because I didn't want to even move. When he finally came in and shot, I had moved strategically moved myself outside of the mud, but still couldn't be fcuked to even make an attempt. Too cold, too wet, and too frozen-stiff to even care. Besides, it wasn't even my shutout to save anyway. Save% for the day: 0.00. ;)

That said, you, CK, were totally hung out to dry. My God, your team should owe you a case for that. The only goal you even had a remote chance in saving was the PK -- which, I may say, you came mighty close to saving.

What I was complimenting each of your teammates on, was your fortitude in sticking with the game, not letting it get ugly (i.e. chippy & fighting), and some guttsy play -- right to the finish. It's a display like that, that teams like WUS need to watch and learn from to see what 'class' means.

But on to the standings . . . .

The past weekend's wins and losses gave a bit of a shuffle to the max point totals:

Ravens FC 43 (7 games remaining)
Western Union Sarajevo 42 (5 games remaining)
WFC Rangers A 41 (3 games remaining)
Signmaster SC 39 (5 games remaining)
Richmond FC 38 (4 games remaining)

The last 3 Ranger games are against the C-Men and Pt. Grey, and Ravens. So, with a win against the Ravens, we have good shot at maxing out and knocking the Ravens to a max of 40. So it'll be neck-and-neck race against Sarajevo. That said, Sarajevo has to play Signmaster 2x and the Ravens once more. Hopefully they can drop at least 1 point.

Tight, tight, tight.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shell Shocked

To Add to what Keeper wrote.... GOF=(Games of Note) EOS=(Ease of Schedule[higher is easier])

Ravens FC 43 EOS-471 (GOF-Champlain(2),WUS,NSU,Richmond)
Western Union Sarajevo 42 EOS-660 (GOF-Signmaster(2),Ravens)
WFC Rangers A 41 EOS-800 (GOF-Ravens)
Signmaster SC 39 EOS-420 (GOF-WUS(2),Richmond, Ravens)
Richmond FC 38 EOS-725 (GOF-Signmaster,ElephantWalk)

...It is looking a two horse Race between WUS and Rangers. Their games against Signmaster should be interesting...

By the way Rangers,Stranger, et all, is the promised Stella making a trip to Confederation Turf tonight?? Are you in for a double or nothing for our result tonight? :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
actually the second to last goal I did get a piece of it but it was a pretty hard shot from inside the 18.......if it was a case of beer for everytime I've been hung out to dry this year I'd have enough beers to share with all on here.......that's if I decided to save them........in terms of scrappy and fighting we won't stoop that low and will never think of it.......to tell you the truth it gets frustrating because I know we're not that bad and all I could do was laugh and even suggested guys why don't I go play up front as a joke to my defense......I mean we deserved to lose but by the end of the first and the whole second half people were switching positions at will........the last 15-20 I had no center backs whatsoever........oh well........hopefully we can adjust and play the JB's better at least

as for WUS don't you need them to potentially drop 2 points........don't they have a better head to head record against you guys?

Shriner

Mar 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
as for WUS don't you need them to potentially drop 2 points........don't they have a better head to head record against you guys?[/QUOTE]

Actually head to head is gay and irrelevant. If its a tie at the end, there will be a one game playoff. Head to head, goals for, against, etc, means shat; it comes down to that one game if it comes to that

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JB's 3 Ravens 1

Fairly even game from start to finish. We opened up the scoring about 10 mintues in. They replied with a PK. Second half saw more pressure from the JB's offence. Second goal came midway thru. Then the nail in the coffin came with only minutes to spare. Not a bad game considering the long lay off.

Love playing the spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0