Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 2003-2004 Predictions, Results & Post-Game Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze rep.1

Dec 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
B United

Big Bird,

B united are a decent squad but not nearly as good as their record indicates. Yes, they kicked our ass during the first week but we had a shocking match and should have been up 4-0 at the half.

Their victory this weekend was against a team with 7 players...hence the 8-0 thrashing. You play for the Primos??? Your will murder them as will we in our rematch.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Champlain Keeper,

It's about time you stopped lurking and started posting.
Welcome to TTP!

I really don't get it , you sign 18 guys and get 11 to the game.
But, it was not due to lack of committment (at least for most).
Patients...I will have. Games win eventually we will - "Yoda Talk"
Hey CK Mike D had a baby girl.

Anyways, as for the two teams we have played so far. They are pretty evenly matched skill wise. Signmaster might have the edge in overall speed but Richmond is probably alittle more skilled.

TS,

Yes, no subs probably hurt us the most. With that lineup and some luck we could at best have pulled off a tie. Your real good chances came later in the game when we basically ran out of gas.
Looks like you got rid of some of the whiners but there are still some lippy guiys on the team. What was up with that ref, very inconsistant. Nice non-call on the hand of God save by on of our D-men. The only one that really needed to complain was the guy who scored.

Anyone going to watch Richmond play WUS better bring some ear plugs.....bitch fest 2003. Should be rather humourous:rolleyes:

Anyways, on to PG Strikers "B" and hopefully a chance to put some points on the board.

Cheers
Vinnie

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To the Champlain Heights lads....

My buddy on PGS B sent this to me yesterday...

"We play champlain heights this weekend, they are going down"

I think they are on a mission... to be the second worst team in the league!

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for 2c...

Ravens FC Westside C-men 4-0
Elephant Walk Western Union Sarajevo 3-1
Champlain Heights Point Grey Strikers "B" 1-2
Signmaster SC WFC Rangers "A" 2-3
Norvan JB's Richmond FC 2-0

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger,

You think we are that bad!!
Or maybe you are being loyal to your buddy:(
We'll definitely have a stronger team that the last few weeks.
I'll predict a win. The final score, I will not disclose.
BTW: the way you posted your preds were somewhat confusing, not that I really care.

Others in 2C:

Ravens FC - 4
Westside C-men - 1 (with missing players, no chance)

Elephant Walk - 3
Western Union Sarajevo 1 (the nominees for best portrayal of a drive by shooting, lose this one)

Signmaster SC - 2
WFC Rangers "A" - 2 (don't know much about these guys)

Norvan JB's - 1 (Sorry mickster. can't see you winning this one)
Richmond FC - 3

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all caps ERION

hey #9 -

nice hatrick on the weekend. midget.

i know tsquare gave McUneducated a lesson on throw ins to the keeper and handling the ball outside the box but were you listening? remember when the throw in call was made and what you had to say? i know you're new in town so your grammar can be excused but FIFA rules are international.

nk train - 7th place
erion & mcgrade2 - 8th place

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the throw in note...

This was told to us by the ref on the weekend.
Did anyone else hear this?

New relaxed rule for throw-ins.
The play may now twist there body and arms during a throw.
The player must still have both feet on the ground
The ball must still go behind his/her head
The light throw to the feet is still not allowed.

Our ref was kind of questionable on his calls in general, so I not sure if his comments were legitamate.

Comments?

I think this is a good rule.
The throw in is supposed to be an advange to the team with the ball so why not give them the opportunity to do the twist.

Vinnie

fingers

Oct 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by The Ranger
To the Champlain Heights lads....

My buddy on PGS B sent this to me yesterday...

"We play champlain heights this weekend, they are going down"

I think they are on a mission... to be the second worst team in the league!

did you know that neil armstrong originall wanted to be the 10th man on the moon? it's okay to set your expectations a little low. look what can happen.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinnie, that hurts. Yes we underestimated Signmaster and paid the price. We won't do the same with TS and the rest of the Cougs. Starting lineup and subs were not done well and frustrations were building on and off the field. Bonefish did allow a weak one past him early on but then made a couple of other decent saves to keep us in it. Not too bad for a forward. Rumor has it we have a new keeper for this weekend plus another mid returning to the fold. We'll get back on track on the turf and should be able to get our first "w" of the season. Offense will get back on track as we need to start scoring some goals to win. Prediction JB's 3 - Cougs 1.

As for the other games:

Ravens 3 - 0 CMen
EW 2 - 2 WUS
CH 2 - 2 PGS
Rangers 2 - 0 Signmaster

TS we'll see you on the turf!!

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

My predictions for 2c...

Ravens FC Westside C-men 2-1
Elephant Walk Western Union Sarajevo 3-1
Champlain Heights Point Grey Strikers "B" 1-0
Signmaster SC WFC Rangers "A" 2-3

and most importantly......
Norvan JB's Richmond FC 0-2

Sorry Mickster, Vinnie had it right when he picked RFC (aka the 'team formerly known as the Cougs') to win the Monday night tilt. Looking forward to our first must-win of the season. Whatya say we place a friendly one-beer wager on this one. Loser must hand-deliver the beer to the winner! You game?! I'll be at centerback (#10), so you know who to hand the beer to! Sounds like you guys are calling in the recruits with a new goalie and MF expected. Don't think it's gonna help.

"Watcha gonna do, when RFC runs wild on you. BROTHER."

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does everyone put us down with a tie and loss with PGS.....they suck.......no offense.........I think we'll get our first W........Mickster you will win if the Cougs cannot hit the net like they are notorious for ;).........you both have pretty good teams and it should be a good game

NK will lose this weekend to drop to 1-2 and like bandcamp says they'll finish 7th or 8th

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia Classic (div 2 CAT) has yet to put out a full squad. Another week of no subs for the old guys who have yet to hold their first practice.

On the plus side, Over The Top showed up on sunday to score a goal and get an assist in the 2-2 draw. With Peter Stipancic (yes he did sign for Classic) and 2 other former Croatia A players expected for next weeks game...things are bound to turn around for the sexiest fat team in soccer.

:bronco:

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC vs Norvan JB

tsenghera,

Should be a good tilt on Monday. For some reason we seem to be playing better on turf these days. So forget about last weeks result as I think we will rebound. Have to have a biased prediction here; JB's 2 RFC 1.

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Therapist

That's my picture for real man where did you find it?

Bandcamp where did you learn the FIFA rules and the midget ****ed you up once so he can do it again and we will finish 7th or 8th or whatever you think.I don't care if people take the piss about my gramar i knew it would happened an anyway

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
they prefer 'little people'

new to town, tricked into joining a 'wicked contender' only to learn that 7th place is all you can aspire to.

have a great season little #9 and remember: a throw in to the keeper is just like a back pass. "should have had 3 goals last week but i suck"

Erion

Sep 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bla bla bla worse that women...........Alemania was better than us they won but we were better than you end of story

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Ranger,

I can't believe you! I know you think you're all that and a bag o' nails ;) , but I can't believe you think your absence is going to result in two goals against me. Have some faith in your replacement, my good man.

Or maybe you're just expecting more OG's and penos. :rolleyes: Our own D is more dangerous than the opposition.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Keeper, you think your D is dangerous to score on you, I had to prevent a goal from Vinnie on me........he likes to score on me for some reason:rolleyes:
only joking Vinnie see you tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0