Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2003/2004 Knights League Cup Final

Who will win the 2004 Knights League Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: The Knights League Cup Final

The only problem with the ND team is that they all had their collars turned up like a bunch of prima-donna Real Madrid Wannabees.

ND has some good skill but they seemed more interested in looking good than playing the game.

Well done to the Surrey lads - #5 at the back is the gel of the squad.

4ST OUT!!! :bronco: :bronco:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think you should rephrase your tone kid....if you read the post it says you were the better team, stop trying to get respect for something that you didn't do.....I watched the game and for the most of the match your team bypassed its mids, and you guys played that way the whole game not when you were leading.....you only played the long ball cuz CJ is talented enough to burn guys...I didn't say it wasn't smart...but its the truth.....you guys beat ND straight up, no doubt about that....but they just played shite.....if they had a center midfield it would have been a better game. Plain and simple I wrote my thoughts on what I saw....thats it.

08star said:
That's a load of crap. Our win was well deserved and hard earned, dont try taking anything away from us. And if our "kick from the backline to the fowards" strategy is so easy to stop, why hasnt anyone stopped it yet? You guys are welcome to come and try also. And that is not our strategy, its just that we usually go up early in games and then we like to play it safe on the backline to eliminate mistakes. But neways how about the great final! NDFC played hard that one guy with the curly hair has a solid shot. But in the end the hurricanes prevailed once again. Told you guys we were going to win it. Ndfc gave us a great game though, theyre a good team. We'll be seeing them a lot next year.

D

Damocles

Congratulations to the Hurricanes. It doesn't matter what level you play at, to win a cup final in a tournament that started out with 40 teams is a solid accomplishment. I'm disappointed we won't have a chance to play you again until next season, but when we do I hope it's played in the same spirit as the final was. Yesterday's wasn't the greatest game I've ever seen, but both teams are better for the experience. See you next year, and good luck in the provincials.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

4STGMP said:
The only problem with the ND team is that they all had their collars turned up like a bunch of prima-donna Real Madrid Wannabees.

ND has some good skill but they seemed more interested in looking good than playing the game.

Well done to the Surrey lads - #5 at the back is the gel of the squad.

4ST OUT!!! :bronco: :bronco:

First off, number 5 on there back line is a hell of a player best player on the field hands down. other then trying to spit at me he seemed like a nice enough guy as well. Hurricanes defintily deserved the win I have never seen kick and run work so effectively. CJ is a really good player as well upfront, in fact there whole defense was pretty solid. WE definitly didn't play our best game and i feel we are definitly good enough to beat them but i do take offense to being called a bunch of prima-donnas> I don't know how every body else on our team feels about there play but I know i didn't have my best game but i definitly worked my ass off. I just don't think we ever got into our game passing the ball around everytime we got a view passes together it seemed we would have a give away and the ball would be bombed down the field. If we had of finished a view early chances it could have been a totally differnt game, but in saying that they had some good chances as well. Cheers to the hurricanes good luck in provincials you guys deserve to be there

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

To finish off the year playing our best game and then get told we are in the provincials is great.....this gives us a chance to play the hurricanes again....it was probabley one of our worst games of the season....taking nothing away from them at all....congrats!!

I hope we get to play them again.....it will be a battle of some solid soccer. We pass the ball around and they kick and run... both seem to work for both sqauds ;)

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

congrats to the hurricanes for winning the final. they did what they had to do to win. they scored on our defencive breakdown which is what good teams do. they scored when they needed to and could have scored a few more if our golie didnt come up with such big saves...cj played a good game has a good shot..gary is a star i dont know why i got the mvp of the game cause gary deserved it more than me...to bad we couldnt make a better game of it but it should be fun next year in div2 to have a team of their talent battling it out for top spot...should be fun good luck in provincials......out for the last time this year, well see you kids all here in a few months.....peace

hurricane11

Mar 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks to ndfc for putting up a strong game,congrats on making it to the final.You gave us a run for our money.#10 plays a great game,too bad his mates couldn't get him the ball all that much.the bascott brothers (sorry for the spelling if incorrect)both played great.It was great playing against some old team mates and friends like curt,jamie, danny and kyle,great game boys.Well we're off to the provincials to add some more hardware,now those games are going to be battles.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to both teams, it was a pretty good final to watch. Hurricanes shut delta down and were able to capitalize on their chances, simple as that. I'll agree that bulljive and dopeashell definitely were busting their asses the whole game though, just too bad you weren't getting much help from the rest of the squad. Heard a few of you boys from both sides were being recruited to go play at good old Dougie day care, good luck with that next year, should be a solid team again.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFC the Knights League Champs

I would like to give congrats to SUFC management with developing a great club. SUFC played well all season and you guys did a great job in this years success, you guys got knights cup and u21 league cup, good job guys.
Big T, burke and nonis, good job, the club owes you alot. ;)

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: SUFC the Knights League Champs

Kokanee said:
I would like to give congrats to SUFC management with developing a great club. SUFC played well all season and you guys did a great job in this years success, you guys got knights cup and u21 league cup, good job guys.
Big T, burke and nonis, good job, the club owes you alot. ;)

Sorry Kokanee, I don't want to steal anyones thunder, but I have nothing to do with this. :confused:

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: SUFC the Knights League Champs

Big T said:
Sorry Kokanee, I don't want to steal anyones thunder, but I have nothing to do with this. :confused:

Easy there Big T, you were one of the original managers of SUFC, and are regarded as the enlightend one in many factions of SUFC. Plus im sure those Delta boys were given stares during there big game, and you know you are the most feared individual this side of Afganistan. :D I personally can vouch for your terror as I played along side of you on the battle field for a number of years.
For further clarification, if the FBI is viewing this site, it is a soccer field that I am refering to, I was not part of any plots involving Big T and his so called family network. Big T is as he does, that being said, don't mess with the Big Teet ;)

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Provincials on June 5th?

It was definetly a good final. It came down to finishing chances and we were able to finish a couple of chances. Our keeper really made the big saves when he had to as he has done all year for us. We look forward to battling for top spot in Div 2 next year.

In terms of the Provincials, is everyone sure they are on the June 5th weekend? It hasn't been confirmed by the league. That weekend will present a big problem for us as our keeper is getting married on that Saturday. Not only will he not be able make it which is a huge blow, but we were all planning on attending the wedding so it would suck if the Provinicials are the same weekend. It will be tough to compete without a goalie so we'll have to see what happens...

dopeashell said:
congrats to the hurricanes for winning the final. they did what they had to do to win. they scored on our defencive breakdown which is what good teams do. they scored when they needed to and could have scored a few more if our golie didnt come up with such big saves...cj played a good game has a good shot..gary is a star i dont know why i got the mvp of the game cause gary deserved it more than me...to bad we couldnt make a better game of it but it should be fun next year in div2 to have a team of their talent battling it out for top spot...should be fun good luck in provincials......out for the last time this year, well see you kids all here in a few months.....peace

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

As good as your team MAY be....your goalie was the sketchiest player on your team, so i dont think its a HUGE blow that you lose him. Put the big guy that wears football cleats in net...that might be kind of intimidating. Nonetheless, not a big deal if your keeps aint there....hes not good.

Hurricane Power

Feb 27, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think you are misjudging our goalie. He is a great keeper. He may have mishandled a couple of balls against you and you are judging him based on that. I could say the same thing about your keeper when he got deked out of his shorts on our 2nd goal...We actually did not lose a SINGLE game with him in net and we gave up 2 goals with him in net ONLY ONCE. He actually turned down an oppurtunity to play Metro Div 1 to play with us. That's what you call dedication to family!

As for Tj (football cleats), he did score the game winner on a nice goal against NDFC in the final and also scored 2 in our 1st Cup win against ND Players. He doesn't look like a scorer but he is money around the net. Put it this way, we do time trials and he has the same speed as CJ but is twice his size. He's only been playing soccer 3 seasons now so he is gettin more dangerous by the season...He is also one of the top football players in Metro Premier at WR...I don't think we can afford to put him in net.........

outkast said:
As good as your team MAY be....your goalie was the sketchiest player on your team, so i dont think its a HUGE blow that you lose him. Put the big guy that wears football cleats in net...that might be kind of intimidating. Nonetheless, not a big deal if your keeps aint there....hes not good.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hurricane Power said:
I think you are misjudging our goalie. He is a great keeper. He may have mishandled a couple of balls against you and you are judging him based on that. I could say the same thing about your keeper when he got deked out of his shorts on our 2nd goal...We actually did not lose a SINGLE game with him in net and we gave up 2 goals with him in net ONLY ONCE. He actually turned down an oppurtunity to play Metro Div 1 to play with us. That's what you call dedication to family!

As for Tj (football cleats), he did score the game winner on a nice goal against NDFC in the final and also scored 2 in our 1st Cup win against ND Players. He doesn't look like a scorer but he is money around the net. Put it this way, we do time trials and he has the same speed as CJ but is twice his size. He's only been playing soccer 3 seasons now so he is gettin more dangerous by the season...He is also one of the top football players in Metro Premier at WR...I don't think we can afford to put him in net.........

Got to agree there keeper is actually pretty good. As for the forward he did score but was wide open. definitly not saying he is bad but can never see him turn out to be that great either.

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Provincials on June 5th?

Hurricane Power said:
It was definetly a good final. It came down to finishing chances and we were able to finish a couple of chances. Our keeper really made the big saves when he had to as he has done all year for us. We look forward to battling for top spot in Div 2 next year.

In terms of the Provincials, is everyone sure they are on the June 5th weekend? It hasn't been confirmed by the league. That weekend will present a big problem for us as our keeper is getting married on that Saturday. Not only will he not be able make it which is a huge blow, but we were all planning on attending the wedding so it would suck if the Provinicials are the same weekend. It will be tough to compete without a goalie so we'll have to see what happens...

Yep 4th, 5th and 6th.......

filling the net

Not Bright
Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Keith Millar Cup will be held the weekend of June 4 to 6, 2004. The Cup will be hosted by the Lower Island Women's Soccer Association in Victoria.

This is in case anybody wants to take some time off and party with the Knights in victoria.......I mean after the work on the pitch is taking care of course

whack

Feb 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

First off, it was a great final out at John oilver park this weeked. Both teams played well, we ended up with the W, however ND pushed us hard.
Also in response to kokanee saying that we owe a lot to "Big T, burke and nonis", No disrespect intended but the hurricanes had already started playing together before joining sufc, and we will remain intact when we leave sufc. If there is anybody who deserves the credit for the creation and success of the hurricanes, well then it is Hurricane Power.

deleted-dope

Not Bright
Jan 26, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

if any teams need players for provincials im down...if not fair enough....i agree with bulljive on the surrey forward..he may be pretty good but it wasnt a nice goal he was alone in front of the net quite hard to miss ...but he was pretty fast..good luck to provincial teams do it up.....out

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

whack said:
Also in response to kokanee saying that we owe a lot to "Big T, burke and nonis", No disrespect intended but the hurricanes had already started playing together before joining sufc, and we will remain intact when we leave sufc.

As I stated earlier, good job to Big T, burke and nonis. My understanding is that the hurricanes never won anything till joining SUFC. Therefore, it is safe to safe they aren't much without SUFC. That being said, the SUFC club won the knights cup, not just the div 3 team. If your team thinks otherwise, then you really should give your head a shake. If you wont, i more than gladly will :p There are club systems for a reason, dont over emphasis your achievments on individual accomplishments. Think outside of your guti. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0