Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dragons 3 - 0 Gaunther and the Beer Nuts

That is correct SC. The Dragons were back at it on Thursday night cruising to a sublimely played 3 - nil victory over Gaunther and the Beer Nuts.

The Dragons dominated play pretty much the entire match, and there constant attack finally paid of when AMSL MVP and Golden Boot front runner TheRob, converted a neat cross from Renee to open the scoring. HBDBE never let up and were unlucky only to be up by one at the half.

After a few pints at halftime, the Dragons came out flying again. This time they were rewarded a little sooner then in the first half. SC, of all people,:) hit a nice half volley from about 25 yards out that fooled the keeper, but he still managed to push it off the bar. Tiff was there to deposit the rebound into the "gaping hole":eek: This seemed to piss Gaunther and the Beer Nuts off. They started to try harder then they were before, and had several forays into the Dragons end. HOS denied them every time however, and against the run of play:rolleyes:Regs slotted his first of the season in his debut. At least we think he did. There is still some dispute as to whether it was an own goal or not.;)

A good tune up for the Dragons who next travel to Kwayquitlam Pitch to face the mighty TryHard FC. That should be a tough, physical match. Some people(Woody, Skytrain, Yoda)might not walk away from the field. Others may be carried off on the shoulders of their mates.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRoberto put the TRY in Dtrygons

Came out with a vengance last night, in a tune-up for the much anticipated Try-Hards/Dtrygons darby, at Ka-Wa-Qu-It-Laaaa.

A little worried to start the match, Dtrygons had 90% of the possesion, 80% of the 90% was in our 1/3. Figure that math out Regs.
Great goal by TheRoberto, who after the goal thought he was playing in the local Spanish League, back heels don't work for lads from the Valley, put your head back down and run some more ladies over.

Had some flashbacks of I-tal league, wearing the Friuli colours apperantly causes our back line to open like the Red Sea, many break-aways makes HOS a gray goalie.
Even though the BeerNuts broke through our PaperBag defense they did not find the OnionBag. It was'nt that bad, we got to see the historic Reggy Shuffle, it still works 20 years after it was invented.

SC, you scored a cracker, I mean assisted a cracker of the Bar.

Great run on the last goal by Riggy to cause the OG and end the match.

Finaly, Herb was once agian the classic that he allways is. A ball went off me for a corner but Herb called it a Goal Kick, he didn't overturn the call until the player yelled "Are you Kidding Me", that got the call over turned. "Are you Kidding Me" is the Ref pass word that we have been searching for, for years. It is the Bah-Ram-Yu of soccer, we can now control Refs to get calls in our favour.

HOSBah-Ram-Yu

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
leave it to the boys to tell the tale

Sorry Throbby, I was a bit neglectful in posting about your brilliant header :eek:

HOS - sure, I'll take the credit for that goal!something about the volley, 25 yards out, top shelf, -seems to be a reoccurrence
:eek:

As for Riggy, I thoroughly enjoyed his debut in the middle of the park with yours truly, but I seem to recall a toe stab at the net resulting in our 3rd goal:eek: -Later which to be reminded that Riggy actually did place it nicely on his foot (Sure) :rolleyes:

+SCsaysthingsarelookingup:cool:

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skyflame & Hands of crap

We have been around for three years in this league we just changed the name & added some diffrent players !

JR you guys were lucky to beat us you guys got 2 penalty shots 1 which never should have been called . Also we had all the play in your end we just couldn't find the net .

Skyflame you guys better watch out for us this weekend !

Chumpside does not play well as a team to many individuals !!!

The gunners we spanked them also 6 to 2.
:D :D :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it just me?

How come every time AU Razor (Razorback):D posts he says someone is lucky to beat them and then follows it up by saying that they had all the play but couldn't find the net.

I think you guys need to find some new forwards is they can never seem to find the net.
:rolleyes:

TheRoberto,
the sooner i am off the field the earlier I can drink
:D
Who is winning the Golden Boot race right now?

yodahas3gamesin3daystogetabigleadinthegoldenbootrace.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you want a medal?

Razor,

If your team was is soooooo good, where were you in the tourny? :confused: Sounds like all talk no action. You struggled against Cat & Fiddle and Allover and now your telling the Tryhards to 'watch out'. Well my friend, lace'em up tight so they don't fall off when your ass hits the ground and your able to run away while we try to Mountain Shadow you:eek:

But seriously I hope you score many goals in warm up b/c that will be the best chance you have to score all game. Or are you just the equipment manager?:eek: ;)

Sktrainsoundinglikethetryhardofoldco-eddays

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Skytrain

But seriously I hope you score many goals in warm up b/c that will be the best chance you have to score all game.

Does anyone really warm up in co-ed? :confused:

:rolleyes: :eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC

Are you saying the Budha Wannabees don't warm-up?

Tryhards warm-up consists of a highpaced trot from the car to the pitch, talking about running, deciding who is the lucky ones to start cooler patrol and then we are just about ready to start another high-paced co-ed game.

AU Razor

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skyfag!!!

we will just see what happens tommorow !! :)

Yoda if I remember right it was one of our forwards that made your guys look 2 goals stupid in Penticton you guys couldn't even catch him . To top it off he was pissed out of his tree !!!:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain

The warm up takes place in the car, on the long hull from the corner of the universe (Steveston), followed by, "yes", the jog to get the cooler to the pitch, then the speed walk to go back to the car to grab your cleats, then a nice leisurely stroll with a team mate (that showed up after you) to the pitch, then the sit down, then the first crack, then the moan about who will start, then the two bits with Herb for the coin toss, then the gaunter back to the team to give the starting line up, then the leisurely walk back on the pitch (all of course 15 minutes apres the original game start).

If you are calling us Buddha Wannabees , well, I guess it is true. We want to be like you (on/off the pitch), we want to look like you (on/off the pitch), we want to talk like you, walk like you oooooooooouuu oooooooooooooouuuu Where is Mogly when you need him? (the Jungle Book Character) :confused:

+SCisdetectingsometryhardednessinAURAZOR:eek:

THIS LEAGUE IS FOR FUN GOD DAMNET!~

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck Tryhards

I'm looking forward to some good soccer on Sunday!;)

Cheers! :cool:
+SC

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHATEVER

Originally posted by AU Razor

JR you guys were lucky to beat us you guys got 2 penalty shots 1 which never should have been called . Also we had all the play in your end we just couldn't find the net .

AU Razor - Sorry for the late reply (golfing & drinking all day). Nice to see you on the pitch for the first time in three years though...

As for the game, were we lucky? No. Are we skilled? Yes. The reason we got the 2 spot shots is because of brutal tackles by your defenders in the box. Usually those are PK's...

...and it also helps to have strikers who can hit the net - one of which has 9 goals already this season. Your forwards hardly touched the ball past centre and if I remember correctly had about 10 shots - 3 of which barely made it between the corner flag and the 18 and they were no where near the threat that you make them out to be.

Good luck against THFC....you'll need it with Yoda on their front line!

J R

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But I'm supposed to win the Golden Boot.

one of which has 9 goals already this season.
TheRob did not know this. Nine goals is very immpressive this early in the season. If I'm to win the AMSL Golden Boot something must be done about this "player." Perhaps I will pay Yoda to "put him out."

Razor? You're an idiot. What else can I say really.

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Face it, we're here!

So, all this recent chatter I have been subjected to here about mostly 2 teams....you know their names....so I am here to say the Carts are alive, good, and without a doubt, putting concerns in the perennial "powers" minds! I will speak to my co-hort razor about walking around with his male thing out all the time on this forum....gotta be reserved sometimes, or as confucious say, slaggin occurs with egg on face.

For those of you who are saying, "who are these BDGC?"....well, we were formed from players cut from the Tryhards tryouts. tough trials....the double-fisting Guinness really threw some of the girls off, and our guys failed in carrying the cooler from the trunk to the sidelines....so we all get cut and form a team....it's a story of a man named Cartdriver, who was living with.....

We are enjoying this league and getting some results. Beat a previously 3-0 Cheatside handily 6-0 this week and then I find myself in the middle of the park up 3-2 on those Try-somethings with 20 minutes left....could life get any better?? Ooops....back to reality, we made some mental mistakes and cough up 3 goals in 20....signs of a young and growing team still learning how to win (does that sound like a Crawford Canuck rant or what?). So hello. We're here, enjoying the league, and looking forward to many more sun-filled days. Watching Herb slap on that sunscreen makes it all worth while. What? Whatever.

Who the f*** keeps scooping much of our cooler supply before, during, or after games and doesn't even play (or pay?) for us....oh yeah Mountain Stu....we'll catch on soon and make ya pay!

Out...CD:) :D

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: But I'm supposed to win the Golden Boot.

Originally posted by TheRob

TheRob did not know this. Nine goals is very immpressive this early in the season. If I'm to win the AMSL Golden Boot something must be done about this "player." Perhaps I will pay Yoda to "put him out."

...now he has 10. Too bad we've already played Yoda's team (and lost). Look forward to the Hairy Blue Bash on July 4th.

Originally posted by TheRob

Razor? You're an idiot. What else can I say really.

I'm just glad that someone else is driving the cart...

JR

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good Luck Tryhards

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
I'm looking forward to some good soccer on Sunday!;)

Let me rephrase this... :rolleyes: , Oh, why bother:confused:

Let's have it Yogi... :rolleyes:

+SCwillmakenoexcusesduetothelackofHBBDEturnout:(

That was a great plastic bag Aaron sported! :D

Let bad kit LIVE ON! (laymen's terms: multi coloured shorts and socks):eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Skyfag!!!

Originally posted by AU Razor
we will just see what happens tommorow !! :)

What did happen Razor? Or will we not here from you until the Carts next win?;)Was a good game though, thought you guys were going to pull off the win until some bad errors in back which led to the final 3 Buddha goals.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beernuts vs Arsenals Sunday June 9th

4-1 win for the Beernuts!!! YAY!!!!! :D

Was a good game (tough battle) but with our Keeper back we did well!

And Jen finally got a well deserved goal in the back of the net!

.....and once again the Beernuts were on the pitch for 6 hours watching the other teams play and drinking beer until we ran out. (the Cat & Fiddle team was nice enough to support our beer habit for a brief period of time)

QLT Quake will be our next challenge on Thursday!!!!

:cool: Spazz

bathedinsunscreentoavoidpainfulsunburnsfromsittinginthesunforhoursonhand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts