Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Province Cup (Men)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Hey Batinogoal

Originally posted by #18 Argentina
Hi,

They had a two-man breakaway after one of us tried dribbling at the back. Our goalie made a HUGE save as he dove across helplessly. Prior to that, our goalie stopped another one labelled for the corner. To top it off, he made two saves in PK's.
A great game for the Poco fans to watch, but Im sure that the honest ones would agree that Argentina had many, many more chances.
Not to take anything away from Poco's performance, as it is true that they missed one sitter.

ttp
Thanks for the positive words argentina, but I think you might be contradicting yourself a bit, lets not forget what the score was
{2-1} when we missed the 2-0 breakaway your talking about.
I'm pretty sure that if we finish like we should have, the game would have been over . You migh of had more possesion of the ball at times, and some good scoring chances but nothing that you did would be consider "many, many more chances" We both had chances that should have been finished during regulation time. Poco had by far the better ot chances but your goalie did what he is suppose to do, save them. :mad: You should be thanking him for the trip to Victoria.Good luck compadres
Ps.Did I mention we hit the bar in a breakaway in ot.:mad:
What does the bride of a Polish man get thats long and hard on her wedding night?
His last name.;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unlucky PoCo, shitty way to go out lads.
Sounds like it was a good game though.

Unlucky to the Metro Ford guys too.
Nothing comes easy at this stage especially when you draw Westside first round.

KNVB: well done on your result.
Where's the match with the "traitors"?:D
Good luck to both teams on this one.

Dude: how 'bout one last cheer for the 'Gers? ;)
Whataboutknob is a big fan of our songs.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco vs Arg

It was a game that Poco should have walked away with. Yes Poco had a sitter that they fanned on that would have sealed it up for them, and I am sure it's running through that players mind right now.

For the most part Argentina did well to take the ridicule from the Poco sidelines as they never let up.

What can you expect when a player miss kicks a ball and then stretches like his legs are tight and that's what caused it.
:rolleyes:
I might believe it in the first 10 minutes but 60 minutes it? Come on.

I wasn't too impressed with the Argentinian keeper who stood on his line and made the PK shooter from POCO walk over to the net and pick up the ball himself to take his shot.
Or the guy the ran from center after the winning shot flipping the bird to everyone on the sideline.

Show some class bozos, or at least some sportmanship.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No More Capitals, Mabey Now Canucks

We may have shacken the Caps curse with the big win over the Old Flying Horses.

You could compare BBY to the Nucks becasue both teams only lost once in the last ten games, plus like the Nucks we played a veteran ladden team in Peg, like Vancouver must face in the Red Wings, or should I say Nearly Dead Wings.

I guess I should call myself Skudra:mad: now, and not Kolzig:) anymore.

Good game against Peg, but they did look to lack the same pace that our younger Canadians team has.

Regs, what happens to the Mighty Peg team, that is now forced to play and practice in Surrey next year, and not on the North Shore, that is close for most of the players.

Mabey there will be a few of the older boys playing for Teddy and the Nordic over-30's next year, would bring a smile the Erics and Teds faces, and it wouldn't be the Lightning causing the happyness.

WAB, should be a great match against the Rovers next week, as there is a little of a Darby between the two teams over the last few years, the great game a BBY. Lake a few years ago comes to mind, I guess when teams allmost go the blows, it will be memorable.

HOShopingtobeonIslandintwoweeks

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
QUARTER FINALS

SURREY UTD. 6 - PAU EX-SU 1

CROATS 2 -THEBESTSIDE-1 ot

BBY - 3 SNAPPERS 0(no skill for the turf,never been past the quarters)(need coaching);) :D :D :D :D :D

FABIOTINAS 4 -- VIC 1

unlucky predction REGS,FAT DONKEY

CROATIA -- ARGIE FINAL

CROATIA CHAMPS OF B.C.:rolleyes: :confused: :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p

BYE BYE SINGING PEGS GOOD BYE,LOST TO BBY IN THE CUP & KENT GOING TO CRY,REGS GROWING HAIR,&DRINKING LOTS OF RYE ,SING THIS WILL BE THE DAY THAT PEGS DIE,SINGING THIS WILL BE THE DAY THAT REGS PEGS DIE !!:D

THANK YOU , THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!
LADIES & GENTLEMEN ELVIS HAS NOW LEFT THE BUILDING

#30 GEU

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Contradictory?

Yoda and co.

Poco had the "better" chances, but due to the fact that Argentina had far more "very good chances" - Argentina deserved the win.

We would beat Poco 7 out of every 10 games- one individual's opinion

Sid,
What team are you from? Rarely do people predict Argentina. Are we not the underdogs in the next game.

Sandman, your guys are all class and will do well next year.

As for the classless Argentinian who flipped the bird, I would be willing to bet that his number was 18. Excitement at the time-sorry (would and will do something like that again).

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whatever

Clearly I can see I am wasting my time posting to this idiot.

By chance are you the brother of Delta's #9?

:rolleyes:

#18 Argentina please post all further comments at this location.

#18's Homepage

:D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: QUARTER FINALS

Originally posted by sid
SURREY UTD. 6 - PAU EX-SU 1

OUCH!!! Sid, I think you're WAY off base. You've flattered us with that prediction.

Surrey United 12 - PAU -1

;)

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Black Aces

Aves,

Cheers buddy. Nice to see the Black Aces sticking together, and throwing support to the underdog. In fact, that has a nice ring to it........

Peace Arch United "The Black Aces"

don't you think??

:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Black Aces

Holy shite... Don't tell me the Black Aces are coming to town??? I'm getting the hell outta here!!! Pete's OG... has that ever happened before???:rolleyes:
Surrey VMSL United 31 Surrey FVSL United 28 (field goal in OT);)

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Sapp

Just saw that they are actually scheduling BBY and Sapp on the turf. What a bunch of fcuk ups. Are they honestly trying to tell everyone that there are no grass fields available for this game to be played on? This is clearly an advantage for Burnaby. It's shaping up more and more like a repeat of last years semi final!! Sapp, tough luck but it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys.:rolleyes:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Look Outside, At All the Water Falling from the Sky

We are the home team, so we should be able to play the game on any field that we like. The turf has been our home field all year, why would we change now.

By the way we played the Rovers on the Turf this year, and the game ended a tie, but when we played them in Imperial Cup, on GRASS at Adancac, we won.

It may be a small advantage to BBY, but it is still going to be a battle where ever you play Sapperton, its just nice with all the rain that we can play it on the Turf.

Bronco should worry about stopping the Great Forward Simon (who predicted BBY over Peg) and the rest of Westside.

Who will have more of a moan this weekend, Besty or Bronco.
We need a poll, or TTP Boxing:p

HOSfavoursPAUoverSlurry:eek:

Tee

Jul 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A backup of a backup

Will the surging Caps dare put Harry Brochou in the pipes for this weekends game? It is sure to be a snooze fest. I would rather watch a high school chess match than that fixture, unless of course Brochou gets the nod. At least he adds some spice to the game.
;)

Anyways, anyone wanna play golf?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shocker...

Luch,

Surely the Peg managerial position you've held all these (lean) years couldn't have paid that much to make you anxious about the dole queue? It fcuking shouldn't have but, then again, it is Peg we're on about. You should try the novel idea of selling on pints donated by sponsors. I'm sure few have thought of that little apple.

Either that or muscle in on that old Chinese lady who has the corner on the empties market at that park just off Oak St. Take Chico with you, though, I hear she's ferocious with those who try to encroach upon her patch.

Turf war, Fastshow.

P.S. I hope Tee is better at golf than he is at building porches and having associated parties, the prick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0