Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

06/07~Local course report / Got an opening

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006~Local course report / Got an opening

Yes Yoda Swaneset is a real nice course to play. Lots of shotmaking opportunities. Not just the old grip it and rip it...How early did you have to get up to make your tee time?
I have to agree with Sixfyv about Mayfair. Unless you know the course you can be penalised for seemingly good shots only to find out the ball ended up wet.
The knights version of Harold Ballard and I went over to the Island to play Bear Mountain and Olympic View recently. Well worth the time and effort to play both courses. Unfortunately it was blowing a howling gale both days. On one hole,the thirteenth I believe,we were hitting driver to a 230 yard par three located behind a lake. It might be one of my most rewarding rewarding pars ever. Just don't ask Greg how many balls he lost...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

dr.j said:
How early did you have to get up to make your tee time?
Left the house at 6:15. Not to far from the course

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any footy related tourneys coming up? No Knights hack-fest this year. I am not sure if the O men are going to have one either. Geoffus or John? Two important work-related meetings tomorrow and Thursday (Macleery and Shaunessey). Time to stock up on the Cubans....

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played the Links at Swaneset again on Sunday morning, bright and early before the sun gets scorching hot.

Had my best back 9 of the year with a 38, including missing 4 birdie putts.
Looks like the game may be coming back since work has really ruined my golf game in the past few years.

Next game will most likely be the Revelstoke G&CC Friday before the August long weekend. For a small town course, it's a great layout and always in great shape.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I tore up Sicamooses(sp) Hyde Mountain last week, literally. Divots so deep I cut worms in half. Not a bad track though, but it’s very much a poor man Furry Creek. Unbelievable scenery, but it’s all target golf. Course knowledge will save you 4 or 5 a side, I think. At tip though, leave the big dog in the bag. You can get away with a 3/5W, if you’re Yoda, or a long 3 or 4 iron will do the trick too on most holes. Well, not for me. Harry Potter would have struggled making my game look good. After a 56 front for my first game in a year I decided to match pints with holes on the back… and surprisingly managed to blast a relatively easy 40 back missing two eagle puts in the process and of course the birdie putts that followed. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
You can get away with a 3/5W, if you’re Yoda, or a long 3 or 4 iron will do the trick too on most holes.

Do they make 3/5 Wedges? Or did you mean 53 and 55 degree wedges?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

some great road trip golf in the coming weeks for this kid. the coming weekend i'm heading to washington, south of seattle to: Port Ludlow, Trophy Lake, Gold Mountain and McCormick Woods. I haven't played any of these tracks in the past, but have heard good things. Anyone played these?

Sun Rivers for the friday before loops. nice course. not as good as the dunes, but a great piss up to get the weekend started on the wrong foot.

mid august fly to cranbrook and playing St.Eugene's Mission, Bootleg Gap, Trickle Creek, Copper Point, Greywolf and Eagle Ranch.

i've done this trip a couple times a few years back and have played all course except Copper Point which was just being built at the time. all of the courses are fantastic. Career low at St.Eugene's makes it a front runner. Eagle Ranch is immaculately maintained as is Trick Creek and nothing can match the mountain golf at Greywolf. Bootleg Gap was new when i played it, so it had some growing up to do and i don't remember much about it. anyone played the new Copper Point?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

No kidding. Captain, we still on for Sunshine Hills? Twilight starts a 4.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Get a life Smallsey.

And when you do, can i have your old one?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
No kidding. Captain, we still on for Sunshine Hills? Twilight starts a 4.

Yes, followed by our trip to the picturesque Delta Golf Course next week. I'll be sure to include the write-up on this elaborate layout.........

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Smallsy. Are there stay and play set ups for these gems or did you plan it all out yourself? Greywolf is supposed to be one of Canada's best. A must play to be sure. Have Ands send Norma the pics if you manage to take some. A friend with too much time on his hands tells me that copper point is a lot of fun. However the speed is not consistent on the greens. Of course he putts like chit!
As for the scenery and wildlife, look out for bears and "cougars" ...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lucky for smalley he has a year round cougar license.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any updates on Northlands??? The Knights version of Harold Ballard, myself,and a couple of our miscreant, non-footy playing friends are there on Wednesday. Anyone that I have played with that walked that course seems to crap out on the last two holes. I guess mountain climbing and golf do not mix...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

My Dad and I were talking about heading up the Green Monster Dr J.
He said he played it last week and it was good to go.
let me know what you think once you are done.

II have played a tonne of courses in the States this year, Shuksan and Loomis Trail. both awesome courses...Shuksan is cheap, but a great course. also take Canadian $$$ on Par.

I went on a holiday to Couer D'Alene Idaho and Chewelah Washington. There is a 27 hole golf resort at Chewelah with an RVV Park, or Motel down the Mountain...Very nice, and again very cheap...

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes the Green Monster was in excellent condition! Although the greens were not super fast, they were consistent. Still quicker than Peace Portal's though... The Island hole at Couer D'Alene is one of the coolest holes in golf. Nice layout too! Shuksan is a pretty nice track for the price. So are Avalon and Belingham North. Point Roberts is real nice except for the last par three, which seems as though it was built up using whatevever soil that was leftover during construction. Surely they could have done better than that. Scheduled to play Mayfair Lakes for a charity tournament next week. Any news? I haven't played there in a long while.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Mayfair today at the Make A Wish charity tournament. The course was in excellent condition. Nice way to spend one of the last warm and sunny days before monsoon season. An very good cause to support as well. Off to Kellowna for the weekend. Hoping to ditch the conference and play a couple of rounds. Any one been up there recently?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

First round of the year at Country Meadows tomorrow. Marking the official return from Oz of the late great Shippy Shipman. The only man I know of to one hit the par four lake hole at Northview Ridge. ( he missed the putt...). Not quite the warm up round before a quick jaunt to the Phoenix Open that I was hoping for. Anyone played We Ko Pa or Talking Stick? Look for me at the raucous par three, dressed in a rainbow wig and the John 3:16 sign...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0