Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

06/07~Local course report / Got an opening

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even with the rain, some of the courses are open, and in great shape! Looking to dust off the clubs and get out on the links!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: 2006~Local course report / Got an opening

Argyle,

Played Northview Canal during the Holidays......it is a bit pricey at $50, but all the tee boxes were open and the tees were at their correct distances, also all the greens were good.....the course was amazingly dry (in the fairway anyways)....the rough was sloppy, need to catch it perfect, otherwise FAT!!

Gilly

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Morgan Creek is in very good shape and probably holds the water better than any other course i've seen.

A few of us played it on New Years Day and it is running about $50.00 in prime time. Pricey ? Not really if you consider having dry feet all day long and the ball not plugging on you. :rolleyes:

The greens are in very good shape.

Also got to meet Clarke Brolly who plays for West Vans over 35 team on the day. See ya soon big man.

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looking to get out this week!!!

With the extreme rain that we have been having, does anyone have any insight into what the local tracks are playing like?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Greg, the Knights version of Harold Ballard and myself played McCleary In late January during the monsoon break. I wore regular golf shoes and walked off with dry feet and the same ball I started with. Okay the same brand of ball....
The greens were fine and the fairways were decent enough. Plus we got a $3.00 back in a food receipt !

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Like Coach has said, Morgan Creek looks great, well when I drove by it, I have heard that for the whole month of Feb., there are reduced green fees, and after 1pm everyday, it is only $39 bucks, not bad with the nice sun we are getting right now, a friday afternooner sure would be nice.

hos

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

HOS, why don't you just concentrate on your Friday night matches??? It's Cup season you know!!!;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Thanks for putting salt in the wound Guinny, all I have is golf now, well until the big Rangers tourney in early June, by the way Coach, who am I paired up with?, may have to get out to Morgan Creek for the cheap golf this month.

hos

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Are there any footy related golf tourneys coming up? The Knights usually try to put one on at Musqueam during the summer. Same as the Westside O boys of the Masters premier division. The golf isn't that great, but the double tequila shot prior to teeing off on the sixth makes up for it. Plus there is always a Gino sighting to be had....

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

McCleary and Fraserview are in good shape for this time of year. However one must be cautious of cheap greens fees since it usually results in showing up to play on recently punched greens. Off to play Shaughnessy tomorrow. Love the greens,hate the rough...

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Meadow Gardens just last week. It sure is nice to get the sticks out again. It was fairly dry and the greens/fairways are in good shape.

Anyone played University yet this year?

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Shaunnessy was a blast to play last week ! They have cut the rough down to about three inches,which is so much better than the six they had it grown to for the Canadian Open. They might be the trickiest greens around.
Fraserview, playing with the Knight's version of Harold Ballard (ask an old leafs fan...), is on the agenda for Wednesday. It was in good shape when we were there recently. I have yet to meet anyone who has two hit the eighteenth in without teeing it up in the fairway...
Has anyone been up to the green monster in North Van yet?.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I am playing in the Team 1040 Golf series today up at Westwood Plateau with some of the boys today!

Can't wait! Sunshine, Golf, Beer Girls ,and a beauty of a course.

Let's hope the game can hold it together.:rolleyes:

Game On !

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone been to the Falls yet this year??

We have our Rangers club tourney there this saturday and am wondering what conditions are like.

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Has anyone played Northlands yet? It is not a lot of fun to play when it is wet. But I really like it when it dries out. The same goes for Redwoods...

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Two charity tournaments to play this week. Morgan Creek on Tuesday and Northview Ridge on Friday. Any updates on these fine tracks?

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Played Northview Ridge yesterday and yes it was in awesome shape.

The Fairways actually still had alot of roll considering all of the rain.

The greens are firm and also in very good shape.

This course is still one of the best if you ask me.

Enjoy!

dr.j

Sep 16, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

It turns out we played the canal course instead. Nice layout with fairly decent greens. Everyone had to play from the pro tees "in order to keep up pace of play" levels. It was really windy and damp. I felt really sorry for the hackers. People were complaing of not being able to reach the fairways with even their best drives! I would play it again though... Morgan creek was in awesome shape with greens running at 10.5 on the stimp. Has anyone ever birdied the 10th? When you are facing the wind that hole can be a brute.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Swan-e-set Links at 6:45am this morning. Great to get our before the heat and get in a 3hr40min round before the sun really gets going.
Course is in great shape but the game was not.
Double, Birdie, Birdie, Double, Par, Bogey, etc., etc. etc.

Great to get out though!

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

For the first time in my life, i played Mayfair Lakes.

By far the most overrated, overpriced track I have played since Chateau Whistler.

For $100, you would think they would be able to pave the cart paths, at least.

And every hole runs East or West... so you are either into the wind or with it... but never sideways. Dumb.

"I know... lets buy a strip of land 200 yards wide by 3 miles long... right beside the highway... we'll dig a shite-pile of lakes... then charge $100... SWEET!"

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0