Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's provincial cup

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
As much as I'd like to "go Messier" and predict a huge win for us, I don't have any illusions that our first year expansion team has near the pedigree to compete on the biggest stage yet....and as much as I'd like North Shore to advance because I previously coached a few of those girls and really like them, I have heard such good things about the way Gorge plays. With the finals being in Victoria this year I'll swing this way: Gorge over SU 2-1 to snap the streak!
Couple side notes:
- FB, hopefully DK's huge $ contract had a club option for year 2! :)
- Captain, are you really departing the world of women's soccer for youth?
- Tsedds, sorry I can't predict a league cup rematch...just don't see it for either of us!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gooner......yes and no......I will likely still be coaching the Premier team but will not be coaching our Selects team.

I'm looking forward to working with the U-15 Richmond team. :)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the finals being in Victoria this year I'll swing this way: Gorge over SU 2-1 to snap the streak!

If Gorge makes the finals Surrey will be in for a battle, not necessarily b/c of Gorge's talent, they are pretty good, but if they have the same refs we had they will certainly make sure to do everything in their power to ensure that Gorge wins. I had heard all about the infamous island officiating and was lucky enough to have escaped it in my other games on the island until this year. Surrey should win but if they have the same refs it will be a lot closer than it should be.

Gooner, Gorge is decent, not outstanding. Not sure who the supposed "ringers" were b/c they had none, they were ok, but not ringers. Maybe your detailed scouting report was wrong:rolleyes:. Not saying the refs made us lose, they didn't, but they definitely made our lives VERY difficult and blew a BRUTAL offside call to give Gorge their first goal, and they were 100% pro Gorge for the entire game.

Sidenote, Gorge's coach (new guy, not Dave Dew) is CRAZY, so the reffing plus the coach could make it a really entertaining game. Would it be too much to ask for a Surrey player to "unintentionally" kick the ball at Gorge's coach to shut him up:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems a few teams were 'jobbed' with the Island officials......ICST Peg/Richmond Masters/CMF women.........:( Disappointing to say the least. :(

Unlucky, Welcome Wagon......your team had an excellent year. Well done.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems a few teams were 'jobbed' with the Island officials......ICST Peg/Richmond Masters/CMF women.........:( Disappointing to say the least. :(

Unlucky, Welcome Wagon......your team had an excellent year. Well done.

The reffing was quite shocking, to put it mildly, and frustrating. VERY disappointing way to finish our season.... Thanks CS, see you at Nations:)

barney

Jul 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love this time of year when all blame goes to the ref. The Gorge Women were full value for the win, but if the mighty Van needs an excuse, so be it.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh please...Gorge played better than you on the day...they pinned you in your half for most of the first half, moved the ball around nicely, limited your strikers chances with solid defence and finished two chances. Credit to you in the second half for pushing forward and putting pressure on Gorge and were unlucky as one went off the post and then they caught you pushing for the third and had a couple of chances to make it more but didn't finish...no need to find excuses...the better team won on the day.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the recap Vike...good to hear some comments on the actual play in the game and not just ranting about refs. We had a horrible Victoria guy doing our quarterfinal as well, and he gave them every chance to stay in the match....but you know what, if we lost I would look back on the 3 or 4 chances around the box that should have been goals for us. We were up 2-0 by halftime and should have made it more but we took our foot off the gas and then a few bad calls on us let them stay in the match and score 2. It was furstrating at the time, and I would have been mildly pissed about the officiating if we lost, but more pissed that we didn't put the game away and play hard for 90.
The reffing has been all over the map this year anyways, on the Island or not. We had a few games where studs up from behind was barely a foul and other games where a hand on the back was a yellow. Crazy....and to think the BCSA hired a full time person a couple years ago to raise reffing standards and such....I haven't seen much change though.
Sounds like 1 Gorge goal was a questionable offside but the 2 others were a CMF mistake and some nice play by Gorge....so the ref didn't impact 2 of their goals Ms. Wagon?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love this time of year when all blame goes to the ref. The Gorge Women were full value for the win, but if the mighty Van needs an excuse, so be it.

I can only imagine it is a much different team than the team we beat 7 - 1 last year in the semi-final? :confused:

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knaacks,
Not feeling the LOVE , FB? Nice to have outside support for the last few this year

I actually think there is quite a bit of Love going around for SU right now. Everyone on here has Picked SU to not only be in the final but also to win their 7th straight Provincial Title. The only clown on here, that thinks they will lose is Gooner. Who has predicted Gorge to win over SU. But than what coach actually openly predicts his team to lose like he has for this weeks semi's. Oh I know this person Gooner continues to tell anyone who will listen how short his team will be and how they are just happy to be here... blah,blah,blah! Go bark somewhere else and try pissing on another hydrant, as no one believes these stories at this time of year!!! SU hopefully gives you guys a big ass whooping this weekend!:D Then you can prepare your PEDIGREE for your second year in Premier without excuses of being an expansion team!!::eek:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call me crazy Gooner, but you just complained about your ref as much as I did mine, and I can only imagine how you would have reacted had you lost:eek:. I never blamed the ref for our loss. First goal yes, the loss no. We missed chances, hit a post, and had 2 bad screw ups on both of their goals, and that is why we lost, not because of the ref. I just said that the ref did not help our cause.

CS, Gorge is basically a different team from last year. I watched them last year against you guys and they appeared to be VERY unfit and not very good at all. This year they were WAY better and I only recognized 2-3 of their players. So Gorge NS should be a good game.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to Regs, Conductor, WW for playing in the sandbox this week...hell, even some island folk...some weeks it's just like casting a well baited line into a stocked pond of fish willing to bite on anything. :)

It does amaze me how 2 months ago everyone was saying "there are 5 or 6 legitimate contenders this year"....but now everyone is jumping back on the SU bandwagon. I feel the 4 teams left were in that original group of teams that had a shot this year....that's why it isn't a stretch to pick one of them to upset SU. It's gotta happen sometime, doesn't it? :)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unfortunate that your supposed fishing expedition has so many thinking you are a tool.

Well played.

:)

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's unfortunate that your supposed fishing expedition has so many thinking you are a tool.

Well played.

:)

Too bad I'm not worried about the thoughts of a website stalker who pops on various forums here to drop his pointless and not very well thought out posts without any clue about coaching, managing, developing, or administering the game....especially the women's game where I'm pretty sure you haven't done any of the above. Maybe you should stay over on the beer drinking and gambling threads where you might have a clue. :p
This is getting lame anyways....deleting TTP from my favourites now....maybe I'll go join the Dancing with the Stars website for more action. :wa:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0