Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....Surrey United just keeps rolling. Well done, ladies.

Anyone know who won the Delta/Langley game? I'm guessing Delta since the Langley players haven't posted. ;)

The game might not have gone ahead as Association Park gets pretty boggy.......

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly game between Burnaby and Richmond... after missing two seasons and not playing premier for the last few years, I'm positive that I could have stepped on the field and contributed... a little bit.

People were tired and a lot of mistakes were made. A bad reflection of the squad on Richmond's part -but that's what happens when you have 4 or so Premier players show up. Cap't, missed your b-ball skills on Sat...you have a new record to compete with = 140pnts BABY!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was our worst performance in several years but Burnaby were full value for the win. We had no subs which doesn't help but even without subs an effort would have been nice. We will have a couple of more back for this weekend and it can only get better after that performance......I hope.

bigmac

Jun 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
can anyone clarify how the playoffs work? Do all teams get a chance (ie last place plays first place) or do only the top 5 or so advance?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
League cup starts soon. Match ups are to be determined by random draw. League winner becomes first seed into provincials , with league cup winner to be 2nd seed. Random draw with the island teams coming in for the prvincial playdown for the remaining teams. Hope I got that right ????

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there info posted anywhere about the league cup? All I see on the MWSL rules/regs page is about "divisional cup" for all divisions....says it is the season ending event? Strange. At the premier team's meeting we attended back in the spring, the most vocal person about the cup play was from north shore but is no longer coaching in premier so not sure what the final direction was from the league?? Some people seemed to like it and suggested imporvements, some thought it was a waste of time....

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
8 of the 9 teams will make Provincials this year.

Has that been confirmed? It's too many. Cut Provincials back down to 8 teams. Five from MWSL, three from the Island.

And did the MWSL actually agree to run Premier Cup mid-season with a games scheduled throughout the League season? The email they sent out didn't really say either way. I know most of the clubs were in favour.

Would add a little variety during the dog days of the season, and would stretch League play a little closer to Provincials. The worst part of the last few years has been the gap between end of play and the start of BC's.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam Metro Ford 3 - Surrey United 2 Played very flat in the first half and were down 3-0 after 15 mins. Got our S..t together after that but were not able to come all the way back. Short bench again with people away and injured , but full marks to the Coquitlam girls. Well played and back to our drawing board to start the streak all over again. Good luck to all this weekend !

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good result for Coquitlam, brings them into tie with Surrey at top of table. Coquitlam came out strong to start game, with Phebe getting a pair, Carlen with one. Coquitlam dominated first half, and missed some chances to really put game away.

Second half Coquitlam came out a little flat, perhaps thinking 3-0 is game-set-match. Surrey would have none of it, and cranked their level way up. I would call Surrey's goals fortuitous (deflections), but you make your own luck, and Surrey definitely was the better team in the second half. Nutmegs ran freaking miles, and was creating havoc up front.

All in all, a pretty good match. A little sloppy at times, but once Surrey got within one, the tempo picked up, both teams went toe-to-toe right to the final whistle. Our ladies definitely deserved the three points on the evening, but I think we might have got caught admiring our effort a little too early. Can't do that against experienced clubs. Hopefully a lesson learned.

buffalo bill

Oct 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, if it wasn't for those two beach balls landing on the field Surrey would have never scored!

K-Vale, the first one was deflected, I am quite sure the second one was not, unless it deflected off one of the clouds that covered the field. Or maybe I couldn't see it b/c of the fog and rain:). I wouldn't call the goals fortuitous, they were great shots, but they were definitely preventable.

BB

ps. You certainly lost a bunch of weight for the game. Your transformation is inspiring;).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knaacks, we didn't play.......Delta told us they couldn't field a team on Thursday night......and wanted the game postponed. We agreed but at the end of the day, Association Park was probably unplayable anyway.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, heard over the weekend that the Whitecaps prospects women will be in the provincial draw with the PCSL spot....does anyone know how that works?

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0