Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winter Futsal Tournament at the Richmond Olympic Oval

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
2011 Winter FUTSAL Invitational Tournament

The Richmond Senior Soccer Association is proud to be hosting the 2011 Winter FUTSAL Invitational Tournament. This 5 Vs. 5 tournament is a great way to shake off the winter rust, shed some pounds, have some fun and possibly...

...win some CASH!!

FUTSAL’s essential elements consist of five players a-side on a basketball size court using a no-bounce ball. The sport is a great skill developer, demanding quick reflexes, fast thinking, and pinpoint passing. The no-bounce ball requires players to propel the ball using skill and the proper technique, rather than rely on the bounce of the ball.

The Details:

Date: December 27th-28th
Time: 5PM - 11PM (last kickoff @ 10:10PM)
Venue: Richmond Olympic Oval
Divisions: Men's Open, Women's Open
Games: Minimum 3 games

# of Teams: 16 (Men's); 6 (Women's)

Entry Fee:
Before December 1st: $325
After December 1st: $375

Online registration: Richmond Senior Soccer

Prizes:
Men's: 1st Place: $1,000*; 2nd Place: $700*
Women's: 1st Place: $700*; 2nd Place: $400*

The 2011 Winter FUTSAL Invitational Tournament is open to all BC Soccer Association-affiliated teams and players!

Rules:

5 v 5
2 x 20 minute halves (running clock)
Kick-ins
No Off-side
On-the-fly substitutions (from half)
Goal Keeper 4 second rule (must throw)
No slide-tackling

Have a question? Email futsal@richmondseniorsoccer.com

*** Regs gave me the green light to post this ***

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like a great tourny! I'm assuming it's open for all ages and doesn't have an over 35 or 40?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All ages are welcome. If I had any, I'd put my money on a more "mature" squad winning it.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes but this just looks unfair to them! I'm only saying that as that would be my position. I've played indoor a few times and loved it as well. Are there any league's like this around here?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes but this just looks unfair to them! I'm only saying that as that would be my position. I've played indoor a few times and loved it as well. Are there any league's like this around here?
Not sure about Leagues, but I hear that Richmond is putting on a Winter Tournament at the Olympic Oval, maybe you should check it out!!

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cascade...you little ......! haha... I'd probably hurt myself just on the drive in so who am I kidding anyways!

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
List of teams entered thus far:

Club Inter II (RSSA)
Ajyal Stallions (VMSL)
Ajyal Tigers (VMSL)
Croatia SC (VMSL)
MYB Panthers (VMSL)

Early bird special <save yourselves 50 bucks> expires at midnight on Nov 30th.

Cheers,
Tuna

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A week after this futsal tournament, the CSA will be holding a futsal camp at the Richmond Oval to select the Canadian team. The CSA is bringing out futsal players from Ontario and Quebec. The Canadian coach, who is from BC, will be at this tourney to scout the local talent.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Inter II (RSSA)
Ajyal Stallions (VMSL)
Ajyal Tigers (VMSL)
Croatia SC (VMSL)
MYB Panthers (VMSL)
All Blacks (RSSA)
West Van (VMSL)

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Inter II (RSSA)
Ajyal Stallions (VMSL)
Ajyal Tigers (VMSL)
Croatia SC (VMSL)
MYB Panthers (VMSL)
All Blacks (RSSA)
West Van (VMSL)

Any teams on the womens side? If I enter a womens team and we are the only registrant, then do I get the first place prize money?.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV, yes first prize being that you win your money back. The womens side has taken off as we hoped it would.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Day #1 of the tourney proved to be rather interesting. Croatia's yellow short bus must have gotten turned around on #3 road. Thanks very much for inconveniencing the other 8 teams and volunteers who have absolutely nada to do at this very drab time of the year.

The level of play progressed pretty quickly as the evening drew on. Quite surprisingly, very few blowouts and some cracking goals. Officiating has been challenging as there seems to be some open interpretation as to what the true futsal laws of the game actually are.

The Saudis are a fascinating group. Their refusal to wear shin pads yet gravitation to wearing long wooly pants absolutely boggles my mind. The tall David James look alike sporting the penny loafers could very well be the MVP of the tournament. If the kid who seemed to be having a seizure was actually faking it then good on you my son for being so convincing. I just can't wait for tomorrow.

The last of the round robin games start back up at 6pm tomorrow. Final kicks off at 9pm.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to "Play Fair and Have Fun" from the Island for pulling it together when it mattered most and beating one of the very skilled Ajyal squads in the final. Hopefully the thousand bucks covered their bar tab.

A very enjoyable 2 days for everyone involved (we hope). We look forward to making this an annual event. There's some room for improvement from the organizers standpoint and we'll strive to make it bigger and better next year.

Cheers,
Tuna

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to "Play Fair and Have Fun" from the Island for pulling it together when it mattered most and beating one of the very skilled Ajyal squads in the final. Hopefully the thousand bucks covered their bar tab.

A very enjoyable 2 days for everyone involved (we hope). We look forward to making this an annual event. There's some room for improvement from the organizers standpoint and we'll strive to make it bigger and better next year.

Cheers,
Tuna

The island team had some really skillful players, especially the guy with the orange boots.
The most skillful teams did the best in the tourney as opposed to teams with size and power.
The organizers decision to have two refs per game was wise.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0