Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why are they doing this?

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone from BC Soccer please explain this to me? Why is it that these interior teams, who traditionally do poorly at Provincials, allowed to have more berths at Provincials.

2006 PROVINCIAL YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS

Provincial Championships (A Cup)
June 29 - July 2 Location TBA

BCSA Championships (B Cup)
Boys U12 - U18 July 6 - 9 Prince George
Girls U12 - U18 July 6 - 9 Location TBA

The following changes have been made to the BCSA Championships for 2006:

1 game per day over 4 days
8 Team Round Robin followed by finals
Allocations: 2 Coastal Teams, 1 Island, 1 Columbia Kootenays, 1 Thompson Okanagan, 1 North Cariboo, 1 North Coast and 1 Host district team.

Northern Region divided into 2 new regions as follows:

North Cariboo
South Peace Minor Soccer
Nechako Lake YSA
Prince George YSA
Quesnel YSA
South Cariboo YSA
Williams Lake YSA
100 Mile House YSA

North Coast
Bukley Valley YSA
Kitmat YSA
Prince Rupert YSA
Terrace YSA
http://www.bcsoccer.net/bcm/bcsocce...13FC19A0DCA8EB3C8725709B00765361?OpenDocument
Let me guess how this will play out. The two coastal teams will battle it out for first and second place, after clobbering everyone - as always, and the rest will battle for 3rd to 8th. Why do we keep doing things (like hold Provincials in late, late June/ early July when the coastal teams have completed their season 2 months earlier) to accomidate these other region who rarely win or produce players for BC teams?

Why not have those other regions battle out for three of those 8 spot, with one host team and 4 coastal teams.

Teams fom the coast that do make it to Provincials usually have to take players that have already been cut in tryouts 2 months earlier.

Team Canada

Mar 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't say this applies to everyone at BC Soccer, but for the most part, from what I've learned from dealing with them, they're all retarded.

I guess they think it simply makes sense geographically, forgetting that there's probably more teams in the lower mainland then the rest of the regions in the province combined.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0