Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who won

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well in our first game, nobody :rolleyes:

2-2 between the Irish and the Wops, whom played exactly like their World Cup heroes... pack the box and counter-attack. Made for a fairly entertaining game especially with the easiest wind-up ever on the pitch, The Apprentice :rolleyes:

~Regswhothoughtjuntasweresupposedtomellowpeopleout:rolleyes:

PS. The TTP ad in the program came out alright, no?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Over-Rated Irish

We gave them way too much respect before the game started.

The difference in the game was their keeper who kept the game from becoming a cake walk.

Possession was even, but as Regs said our counter-attack was giving them headaches all game.

Clinical finish by Doug to tie it up with a few minutes left....

Argies and China tied 3-3

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought today's Wop vs. Irish game was the tale of two halves. The Wops played very well in the first 25 or so and scored a nice goal. Then they went into classic I-tie soccer formation and sat back to absorb, absorb, absorb...... Ireland really ran the whole second half minus a few counter attacks. All in all a tie was a fair result ,despite what Holiday and that bitter little man Apprentice say.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why so silent?

Only two scores to report on?
Come on TTPers, inquiring minds wanna know?
What were the other results?
Unfortunately, I can't make it to find out for myself.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Argies- Ities

WOPS 3- Argies 1

In the other highlight :rolleyes:game

the Irish 3- China 3 :confused:

With a win tomorrow, the Ities advance.........:D :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini, you're a putz......

The difference in the game was their keeper who kept the game from becoming a cake walk.

Our keeper made one great save at the end. Don't flatter yourself, Zaurrini. Your team is not that good. It was a good game and either team could have won the game. We didn't play well against China, despite having a goal disallowed for a reason that is unknown at this time. Good luck in your game tomorrow.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germans on Course, of Course

Germany 2 - Africa 1
A gimme pass back in the 1st half gave a pretty good Africa side the first goal. But, we finished them off in the 2nd.

Germany 2 - Portugal 1
Same 2 goal scorers; Trevor Todd and Ted Ullrich (what a brilliant 2 goals Ted has scored). We are unstoppable. 1-buzz 2 minutes in. Ports tied it on a nice header, but, as usual, we finished them off in the 2nd.
First Nations is next. 5-0 will be the score.

Other Results
HOS dislocates the shoulder in their 5-1 win over Greece, but lose to India 3-2 in their 1st game.
Canada 3-1 over Greece.
What happened in the Canada-India game?

Carribean-2 wins. Play England next

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
China!

Flopper United. Can't stay on their feet.
Notty, you are a fit guy, but those hoops make you look fat!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland 3-2 Argies

We went down to 10 men after only 10 minutes but somehow managed to slot 3 goals after this... Couldn't keep the pace though and argentina pulled 2 back to finish the game. I don't even want to comment on the officiating this weekend that basically robbed us of a win and a better chance to advance today.

Italy and China tied but Italy went through on goal differential. Nice PK by the tourney's biggest windup, The Apprentice who did a perfect Baggio imitation :rolleyes:

I believe the 4 semi-finalists were Italy vs Caribbean (sp?) and Germany vs India.

~Regs.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italy 3- Carribs 4 OT

Originally posted by Regs
Nice PK by the tourney's biggest windup, The Apprentice who did a perfect Baggio imitation :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock would be a close second.......:rolleyes:
capitano, you are right, we were just good enough to advance.;)

Carribs-Italy
We were completely outplayed in the first half, and the score could have been worse. 3-0 Carribs.

Second half, slightly different story.

Despite being down a man, we scratched and clawed our way back to a very impressive tie.

Two minutes into OT, Clarke hit a shot that deflected into the net.....

Germany 1-0 India PK's

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany 1 - 0 Carribean

In PK's.:eek:

Carribs missed their first two, and it was all acedemic.

I'll let WAB do the write up. So tired.:(

TheRob.OneNationsCup,onechampionship:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Germany AY OK

Game 3
Germany 2 - First Nations 0
TheRob put on a clinic against First Nations-beautiful strike from 20 out. We had a bit of a scare, but no worries.

Semi-Final
Germany 1 - India 0 (4-2 PK)
A rowdy and hostile crowd of about 2000 people made this game a classic. The young guns from India played hard and fast. But experience was on our side, until Nuke decided to use this game as a "character builder" for the Germans (Nuke and Shuey are really good at that :rolleyes: ). The red card left us with 10 men with 15 to go in the 2nd half. India had the play but no real chances (Our defense was really strong all weekend).
In the PKs we were clinical and Smilie was awesome-stopped 2 outright.

Final
Germany 1 - Carribean 0 (4-2 PK)
This had the classic Richmond Summer League pace. Quite a boring match. See above for PK analysis.

All in all a great weekend for Germany
MVP - Todd Stauber (sp?)
Top Defender - Kent Weachter
Top Goalie - Smiles (our own award)

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
piles....

Today's was the worst Nation's Cup Final I've ever witnessed. Fcuking krauts won for a start and there was precious little football played between two very tired sides.

From what I saw from the beer garden.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Argument Here

Fastshow,

Hey, I agree. I was saying that during the OT. Everyone just stuck around to drink and watch the PKs. Yes, we were very tired after that track meet with India. But a win is a win. Some reason I feel a close tie to Korea right now.

yowen

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gutted

Full marks to Germany on the semi win. They defended well and were very organized.
India did have the majority of possesion but the final touch was always lacking.
Me thinks it could have been different if jsarai were playing and Dan was healthy. I know excuses, excuses...:(

Anyways, the future looks good.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game of the tourney had to be the semi-final game between the WOPS and the Caribeans. With only a hand-ful of people watching to begin with, most people left the field to watch the other semi when it was 3-0 for the caribs. They were dancing, talking shite to the bench and acting like they had won the touney. With about 12 minutes left we scored 3 straight to send the game to overtime. Great comeback, but we were unfortunate to have one of our players deflect the ball into his own net 5 minutes into the first overtime . Great game to watch and alot of emotion especially when we tied it up with 1 minute to play. All in all great weekend of soccer.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appy, I agree...

But, there is more to it. I think you are a little envious that they have better jauntus than you:rolleyes:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0