Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Who will win the Presidents Cup?

Who will win the Presidents Cup?

• Delta Metro Lions(young guys)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders(old guys)

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup Weekend.

Some interesting matches this weekend.

The SC Storm vs. SU Cat should be interesting. I think the Storm should win going away, but you never know I suppose.:rolleyes: Good luck L=C. You'll need it.

GEU Associates vs. Delta Lions will be a tough match. TheRob will be in net for this one, and after shutting out Peace Arch last weekend, I'm kind of looking forward to it. The only shitty thing is is we have to drive out to Delta. This is a big game. Some of our new guys are going to have to step up.

Who ever plays Alouette better slaughter them. Bunch of useless plumber bitches.:D

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big Upset !!

two GEU teams who should not have won !!

GEU Titans 4 LUFC B 2
GEU Tigers won in a shoot out with the Poco Raiders . Poco had the play in Geu end but couldn't score . should be interresting !!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 3 - 0 GEU Associates shite the bed.

Well done Titans! That is a great result. Same with the Tigers. Too bad the Associates couldn't do the same.

Started of OK. We had most of the play, but broke down for twenty minutes, and Delta potted three. Delta is a pretty good side. Not great, but not bad. They fcuking whine like twelve year old girls though. It embarrases(sp)me to see guys play like girls. Falling down every time they are touched. Screaming like they've been sniped. Brutal. Whatever. They won. We lost. End of story.

PS - Delview park is a shithole. I've seen better fields on Seabird Island.(For all you VMSL types, that's out by Agasiz on Highway 7)

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
prez.cup

delta highlanders played a great game today against a very good opponent poco city express. It was a very good game with poco going up 1 in the first half. But in about two min. in the second half delta tied it up with a great header. Then about ten min. later we took the lead for good.Poco had a great chance with ten min. left but off the break we scored to make sure of the victory. It was a great played game poco a very hard working team and the victory was sweet after a 5 bagel loss to them a month ago.:)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical

That was a typical game against a Delta team. Whining and diving all game like little women. Pretty mouthy team. I couldn't keep up with there witty banter on the pitch with such lines as "You're ugly". Ouch, that one hurt. I couldn't concentrate after that it was so hurtful.
:rolleyes:

And what is it with Delta players that have to take off there shirts after the game to shake hands?
I could see if they were 200lbs and pure muscle and there were chicks there to watch them but they were all about 120lbs sopping wet.

And we were sopping wet since it was pouring rain.

Now that I think about it that's the first thing I do when I finish a game in the pouring rain, take off my shirt and stand in the rain to chear.
:rolleyes:
Only one more game to go, and of course it's against Delta.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Punk!!

At least I don't have a picture of myself as my Avatar like you Beeker.

:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple of shocking results! GEU Tigers & Titans winning? I would have picked the Poco Raiders as favorites to make it to the Semis. That is a good, experienced team. The Tigers will beat them 1 out of 10 games. Going by the standings, LUFC B has no business loosing to the Titans. Always neat to see the Giant Killer advance though!

In the SC Storm vs. Surrey United Cat, Storm were up something like 4-0 part way through the second. I thought they were supposed to have a career games today…what happened, Chump?

GO STORM!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
UPSETS GALORE!!!

Check out some of these scores:

Eagleridge United D4, 2-GEU Black Knights D2,1
CentroAmericano D1, 1-Whalley United SC D3, 2

Who the fcuck are Eagleridge & Whalley?

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raiders Semi Finals !!!!

Dude

what were you thinking if that was the top team in Div 2 then theres a problem they are very slow & all old they have no youth on there team at all. That game I saw today was horrible by both teams even though Raiders had most of the play. I would say the best team that I saw in Div 2 this year was GEU Black Knights some good skilled players . They could actually use some senior players to help them out when there in cup games they have no Experience.:)

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU TITANS 4 vs LUFC B 2

Lousy day to play and an even worse result. Now here is commitment, due to the fact that a few of our players didn't think we would get to this round they decided to make plans for this weekend and even though there was 2 weeks in between cup games they couldn't change their schedule:mad: :mad: .
All I have to say is even though I would have liked to win today I'm glad we don't have to play the Storm (Good luck Titans, cause your going to need it).

Originally posted by Dude
Eagleridge United D4, 2-GEU Black Knights D2,1
CentroAmericano D1, 1-Whalley United SC D3, 2

I don't know about Eagle Ridge, but Whalley United I found from some co workers who play on this team is a new team this year, that Just picked up quite a few good players before the deadline. I wish I would have been told this before the pool started. Don't be surprised if they pull off the same thing the Delta Blaze did last year.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Razorback,

Your keyboard has commas, and a shift key you can use for making CAPITALS. You should make use of them, along with taking English 11 & 12 refreshers.

So the Raiders aren't the best team in Div 2- even though they have the most points, and have two games in hand. They also beat the BK twice. OK!

Their points speak for themselves. There are plenty of teams around the league that are old and not-so-fast (SC Rangers and Poco Dominion come to mind). They seem to do all right. You see, sometimes it doesn't matter how fast the player moves, as long as the ball moves quickly.

I guess Centro Americano (a half decent 1st div team) loosing to a no-name div three team also means, "If that is an indication of div one, there's a problem". I guess the same applies to the BK loosing to a Div. 4 team? Or maybe, the better teams on the day didn't come prepared- thinking they had a cake walk- and were upset?

With assessments like than, it is funny to think you are a manager. Perhaps you should focus on getting your own house in order before beaking off. Rumors are running rampant that Allouette could be facing a complete re-building program due to all the upcoming defections. Meanwhile, teams like the Raiders, BK, all of Poco City, and all of SC will be in the enviable position of having to turn guys away. Don’t worry…you can pick up the scraps next year, just like you did this year.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Typical

Originally posted by Yoda
I could see if they were 200lbs and pure muscle and there were chicks there to watch them..

Like the Rangers right?:D :rolleyes: :cool:

Unlucky guys, the Lions unfortunately are not a bad side.
And, they may whine, but I'll take them or the Highlanders for that matter any day of the week compared to their Premier team.

PS - enjoy your day in the sun on top of the pool superstar.;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right on!

They were a pretty good team. They took advantage of us in our weak (or should I say out of shape) spots and took it to us.

Oh well, maybe next year.
:(

Time to dust off the golf clubs for next week.

I will enjoy my spot at the top. For as long as it lasts.
:D:D

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

This is what happened, Storm was just the better team on this day. I personally was pissed that I didn't play because of an injury, and they just came up big in the second half. It was 0-0 at half time and it could have went either way. Once they got two quick ones we just weren't in it any more. I wish Storm the best of luck and hope they retain their championship.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad

Liverpool = Chump

Wow, that's a terrible result.
Who knows what would have happened if you hadn't been injured.
If you had been playing the score line would have been totally different.

More like 5-0 storm.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How it really went...

I thought I would verify Chump's rendition of the events, so I e-mailed a buddy on the Storm to get the goods. Below is a cut and paste of his e-mail:

Quoted by: {I can't reveal my source}
It was ridiculous how many chances we had in the first half and couldn't score. Fortunately in the second half we turned it on. The score was 5-0 but it could have been much worse.

The SU team is terrible. Their best player was Steve (guy who played with the Royals for a game during the summer a few years ago, and played in the Kamploops tournament) who hadn't played a game since he played with us in Kamploops.

SU has a team full of 110lb wannabe tough guys. Frequently they were doing the stick out your chest to look bigger and bump the opponent thing. The weird thing was it wasn't even that physical a game. It is just a team full of dumb stupid kids. In fact one kid from the sidelines yelled out that he was going to smash {identity deleted to protect the innocent}’s face with his skateboard ({identity deleted to protect the innocent again} laughed again and again)…… I just don't understand it. They should be use to losing by now. Granted, they didn't take any cheap shots during the play, but they definitely tried to act like tough guys.

So, apparently it wasn’t that close at all. Chump...you don't actually own a skateboard, do you?:p

Reporting from NAP,

Dude- where'smypresspass?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Work

Snoop where's my car,

Great work. I believe when we played against Liverbrains he was practicing his ollie kickflips on the sidelines and saying "Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!"

Sounds like we have a match for your story.

Yodawhothinksliverpool=chumpsisalegendinhisownmind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0