Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Who will win the Presidents Cup?

Who will win the Presidents Cup?

• Delta Metro Lions(young guys)

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Delta Metro Highlanders(old guys)

Votes: 16 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

Watched a bit of the Storm/Thunder game.
Both sides looked strong with a bit of nastiness going on.
Saw the Storm miss a few sitters too actually.
In the end, it looks good for the Storm all the way to the final now.

Unlucky Dude, that is shite on the PKs especially against a decent side.

TR: I guess your game was a forfeit?
Shitty considering you wasted your time but good considering you were low in the bench?

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United with nothing to lose

It looks like I got my wish and we'll face the defending champs SC Storm in the next round. Surrey United won 4-2 yesterday in Langley with the wee #22 setting up 2 of the four including a brilliant dummy that looked nothing short of spectacular.Anyways like i've said before we have nothing to lose coming into this tournament and everything in the world to gain.

GO UNITED GO!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm

The Storm have to be considered heavy favorites now. Let's hope they don't read these posts and get big headed. They had some injuries over X-mas, but the snow had allowed them to heal. Big turn-outs at training over the last few weeks. With the Royals no longer involved in meaningful games, we can now assist them in their league games they play on week days....and help keep their team out of card trouble.

Not me though...3 more weeks of side-line hell.:mad:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LIVER=CHUMP

Do you realize that you only beat a div 3 team that is not really that great a team, and you only won 4-2. If you are as good as you think your team is you should have thumped this team.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Demo,

I wouldn't waste the time typing anything to L=C. SC Storm will make them look pretty silly when they play. :)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Surrey United with nothing to lose

Originally posted by Liverpool=Champs
wee #22 setting up 2 of the four including a brilliant dummy that looked nothing short of .....

nothing short of a swing and a miss inside the 18:eek:

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like the Sheepshaggers got lucky

TR we won 4-2,yeah fair enough they were a div 3 team but, our centre midfielder was playing between the pipes and we had eleven men. You guys slipped by probably the worst team in the 1st division 1-0 so where is all TheNob's skill now? :D :p

SkyWank and demi you guys like to watch alot just wondering if you're both still playing?

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LIVER AND ONIONS

Just to let you know Delta forfeit the game to GEU.( A low act of class from this team).

And yes I do play, and have played at levels you would only dream of playing.

Liverpool=Champs

Dec 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My apologies

I'm sorry to hear about the forfeited game.I guess I was right about the Sheepshaggers getting lucky(they probably would've lost if Delta weren't such Hockey fans):p

Demi- Have you really played in the womens league cause thats where I've always dreamed of playing

snowman

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sour grapes

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Nobody likes to win or loose in PKs. Even though the Hockey game was due to start, we would have prefered overtime first.

[/B]

I'm confused ?!? Are the refs arbitrarily(sp) allowed to do this (by this I mean eliminate overtime) ? That is bulls..t !!! My condolences anyways .

snowman

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Demolition
Hey, women's leagues are great. Most of those teams teams could probably beat you guys too.

I don't think so . Unless you mean something else by beat ...hmmm.;) :eek: :cool:

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm confused ?!? Are the refs arbitrarily(sp) allowed to do this (by this I mean eliminate overtime) ? That is bulls..t !!! My condolences anyways .

All of the Presidents Cup games will go to PK's, after 90min. without playing any OT. That is what we were told by the league.

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Express vs Aldergrove

Just heard that the PoCo City Express (cat) and Aldergrove (div1) are replaying their Presidents Cup game from last week. Referee admitted to missing a goal off a penalty shot by PoCo...game Sunday 10am in Aldergrove.

Yankee

Jan 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A replay????????

Wow! That is unprecedented!

Was it just a poor decision by the referee that made the league do that? Most leagues stand by the refs, even if the decision was bad. This could set a bad example for other teams who may complain bitterly if they feel they were treated unfairly.

Was it a penalty in regulation, or after you were tied and in a shootout? If it was in a shootout, then logic says that you should just re-do the PK's, and not the whole game. What does anyone else think?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pissed

I feel pissed off because we had an incident this weekend where the ref missed one of our PK goals in the shootout. I haven't bothered protesting with the league because they are inconsistent and show favoritism towards some teams over others in cases like these...and we seem to always be the "others", even when sighting precedence. Now that I learn this, I don't know what to think. Unbelievable for sure, but it is possible that the ref admitted his error, and that would make the league's decision easier.

Dalglish...more details please! At what point was this error made? What was the final outcome? Will you replay the whole game, or only from the point of the PK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0