Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Who will win side "B"?

Who will win side "B"?

• Alpen Club

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Binger’s Army

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Burnaby Fury

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • North Shore Clearnet

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Cliff Avenue

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Signmaster SC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Burnaby Heights

• Elephant Walk ‘A’

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take Binger's Army because noone apparently knows who the hell Binger is. This will give them a slight advantage over their opponents week in, week out.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger it is

Until I meet this Binger fellow, I am going to have to go with them. If it is the team they played in the last game against the Imports, they should go up......

Captain

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
jekyll and hyde

unfortunately Binger's Army's summer team and winter team are two very different animals (i'm not involved, in other words). my team for winter is Pt. Grey Rangers, except i won't be around to play in October and i seem to be getting the cold shoulder recently??? must be something to do with having a sprained foot and not showing up for training.

max
bingerhasretiredbuthisarmyliveson

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alpen Club

Never vote against the Germans (except in 2000). Clearnet and Binger's Army battle for second. Details at six.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.A. United

C.A. because I played their as a youngster and because they have Edger and the boys who are always good for a laugh.

They are also entered in the BBY tourney which is good to see.

Go CA:)

HOS~

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see the piss-takes coming a mile away, so don't bother . . . but, (1) Clive Avenue defaulted twice last year, and (2) they are the biggest fcuking hacks, a-holes, and wads that I've ever come across.

Hell, they make RUFC look like my best buddies. :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong Squad

Actually Keeper,

Last year's Cliff Ave. team is now Peg C/A in the CAT system and vice versa. Different squad and Division 2 Cup winners, I believe. My vote goes to Cliff.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sleeper team..don't be surprised

After the BCFC tourney last weekend, it has come to my attention that the Burnaby Heights team has some new players. These players consist primarily of the Champlain Heights squad that pushed CH into the 1 Div.

This squad is not the group that played in Div 1 but the team that got them promoted. Having played with that team, I can say that ,asuming they get eveyone out, they will be a force this year.

Therefore, I am officially changing my vote to BH.

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Heights

Biteme, maybe you can shed some light on this! I was kind of curious that the CH team that got them to div 1 did not actually play in div 1?? They won our division 2 years ago when our Lomas team finished 3rd or 4th and CH was quite a dominant team (for 2 div at least :D) , then I saw them play in a league game at the field turf in Burnaby and were shite and got blasted 10-nil??

What's the deal?

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Heights cont.

What happened to the CH two years ago? Well, the story all started well I was a wee lad.......oops started day dreaming.

Seriously,

At the beginning of that season the team was in a shambles. We started off with 9 players on our first game. Then, one of the players brought out these 9 guys that basically took over the team. THey are very good players, but with the good comes the bad. The coach was nothing more than a glorified beer boy. The team was basically run by a couple of the players. This angered the manager of the team that spent so much time organizing everything and then was left out of any decisions. There were also a few players that were out of control (anger management needed by one of them)

Well, the team ended up in first place and with that promoted to first division. I had long decided that my tenior with the team was over. I was tired of watching the game and not playing (even when we were up by three or four). So, after the season I went to the might Club Ireland.

But, enough about me. The next season the manager of Champlain Heights decided to take back control of his team. He stated to the players that he wanted most of the players except the out-of-control ones and the coach. This did not sit well with this group and they decided it was all or none. None it was.

So, the manager had to rebuild his team for the season in first div. That obviously did not work so well.

The players the left CH, primarily went to the fireman of Div. 2 CAT. Now they have found another place to play in Burnaby Heights.

Good luck to the manager of BH cause you will loose control of the team.

And, other teams watch out, these guys are good.

Bitemesfingersaresorefromallthistyping

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas of two years ago

Nickel,

Were you at the game the CH played Lomas at the park on first ave.

At about the 15 min mark the ball was hit to aroung the 18 yard box. The goalie came flying out to it and one of the Loma defencemen was watching the ball and running back. The two colided (sp.) and the defenceman lost, getting knocked out cold.

To put this in some sort of perspective, the goalie was around 5'10" and well over 240lbs. The defenceman was alittle over 6ft and around 180-190lb. The first aid attendant asked if he knew who he was and that was answered correctly but the defenseman asked if the game had started yet:confused:

biteme has now left the forum!:D

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the new CH

So what can we expect from the Champlain Heights team in Div 2C. I see that they were shite in Div 1. Is it the same shite team or have they improved over the summer. Time will tell I guess,

Mickster

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Different team

"At about the 15 min mark the ball was hit to aroung the 18 yard box. The goalie came flying out to it and one of the Loma defencemen was watching the ball and running back. The two colided (sp.) and the defenceman lost, getting knocked out cold"

Biteme, I think you may be thinking of a different team. We played Champlain Heights once in Champlain Heights and once on the gravel field on Oak or Cambie.

The 1st game at Champlain heights was not a particulary high point for the Meraloma franchise. As I remember, the CH team was still doing introductions to each other as the game began. However, they did get things going and ended up beating us 5-1 as we had our set of problems, fielding a defence line anchored by a 'lightning quick' Fastshow, complimented on one side by a defender who's second touch was basically a slide tackle, and another defender best described as playing with two left feet. Compounding problems, there was a 'disgruntled' Dazza playing outside mid-field. Oh, and I played like shite in the midfield too, basically gift wrapping the first CH goal with a blantant turnover.

The second game was closer with us losing 2-1? I believe our ringer at the time (Mulgrew), now with Club I? showed up at half time to the coaches delight!

Anyways, enough nostalgia from me.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nickel,

You are probably right. All I remember is that the game was at Clinton Park. Do you remember which team was home there?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thread closed

Now that the season has started, I'm closing this thread. Look for a new poll after christmas for a chance to revise your votes :D

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0