Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will light the Flame?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Americans wonder why people consider them the biggest a$$holes on earth!!!! Fcuk me!!! I thought I was reading about the luger and the bravery of the Georgians to go on and I get kicked in the nuts with a spoiler :mad:!!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow...answer was D...all of the above??? And what was with the malfunction??? Yeesh...I want my money back! :wa:

All kidding aside, the minute of silence for Nodar was classy.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love the fact Bryan Williams mentioned wayne's special torch because it lasted so long. He didn't happen to notice him change it twice? Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mercurial

Sep 17, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ending was so fail.

Malfunction with people standing around for 3 minutes...then we hang the great one out to dry on the back of a ****ing pickup with ONE cop acting as security with cooks, businessmen, random drunk latinos etc all running after him in insanity and chaos.

LOL- epic.

And I thought the cauldron outside at the waterfront failed to light for a second..even mr G looked scared of lighting it:eek::D

Meh, screw it, it was good for the most part....absolutly loved the poem.

EDIT- on second thought, if anyone tried to get at Gretz the crowd would probably take care of the person:D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ending was so fail.

Malfunction with people standing around for 3 minutes...then we hang the great one out to dry on the back of a ****ing pickup with ONE cop acting as security with cooks, businessmen, random drunk latinos etc all running after him in insanity and chaos.

LOL- epic.

And I thought the cauldron outside at the waterfront failed to light for a second..even mr G looked scared of lighting it:eek::D

Meh, screw it, it was good for the most part....absolutly loved the poem.

EDIT- on second thought, if anyone tried to get at Gretz the crowd would probably take care of the person:D

EPIC FAIL LOL...Well... let the games begin!!!

Edit: If anyone tried anything the dude would be torn apart like a pack of Wolves rips apart its prey...:mad:

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Americans wonder why people consider them the biggest a$$holes on earth!!!! Fcuk me!!! I thought I was reading about the luger and the bravery of the Georgians to go on and I get kicked in the nuts with a spoiler :mad:!!!

And what about our commentators laughing when they introduced the Ghanian skier? That is a big time slap in the face to him and I'm embarrassed to be Canadian somewhat. And then the ending to top it all off...ghetto.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
And what about our commentators laughing when they introduced the Ghanian skier? That is a big time slap in the face to him and I'm embarrassed to be Canadian somewhat. And then the ending to top it all off...ghetto.

Now that is a bit tricky Termato...you see I am at work and was watching a German feed of the opening Ceremonies so I never caught that but I agree, shameful and pathetic.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ending was very bizarre... almost like it was a backup plan. Not very well planned out at all. Even Gretzky didn't seem too sure about the whole thing.

Was really hoping for the Terry Fox hologram idea to play out but... oh well, let the games begin and with no more problems!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmm, except for the end, I thought the whole thing was awesome.

Many highlites but what stuck out the most for me was the minute of silence. Seriously, you could have heard a fcuking pin drop during the whole minute... not a single moment of some yahoo screaming out "wooooo".

Food for thought - the closing ceremonies will be about hope for the future... I could see Terry Fox making an appearance there...

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Donovan Bailey was so pissed he kidnapped Celine Dion - did Charmaine Crooks whine like Bailey ? .... Donovan - you were good - but winter is a little different than summer....... We should have brought Bertuzzi back to deal with the 25,000 protestors - surprised there wasn't a brawl as they were getting booed as they walked through downtown.
Gotta get back to working on Lindsey Vonn's shin :) ...

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Regs over 60 000 people and not a sound, very touching.

Very impressive ceremony over all, even the American commentators were talking about how good it was, celebrating our country's diversity. A little disapointing that Michael J Fox was not involved in any way.

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Donovan Bailey was so pissed he kidnapped Celine Dion - did Charmaine Crooks whine like Bailey ? .... Donovan - you were good - but winter is a little different than summer....... We should have brought Bertuzzi back to deal with the 25,000 protestors - surprised there wasn't a brawl as they were getting booed as they walked through downtown.
Gotta get back to working on Lindsey Vonn's shin :) ...

Celine was too busy rapping the revamped We are the world single to be in Vancouver

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, you could have heard a fcuking pin drop during the whole minute... not a single moment of some yahoo screaming out "wooooo".

I could hear some yahoo, that brought there baby crying in the minute of silence. Seriously, who brings there baby to the opening ceremonies?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
My fav part was the whales and thier breaching. Great job....wasnt a fan of the fiddlers.
No matter how you dress fiddlers up they still sound like fiddlers.
The whole world now thinks our main music scene is punk rock fiddleing..LOL

Oh and the Poem at the end from the poet from NWT...was awsome.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I LOVED the fiddlers (Ashley McCaisac is a wierd dude though)....did not care for the National Anthem, you could tell the crowd wanted to join in but it was just too slow, was putting everyone to sleep instead of energizing the crowd.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The anthem was a little odd but at least it wasn't completely butchered like all the American singers like to do with they're Anthem.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually liked the new version of our National Anthem....
But the best singer by far who banged it out..was KD Lang.
Im not a fan of hers...but she really did a wonderful job and the song was awsome.
Its the one song being played everywhere today.

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
KD was good, but why didn't they ask Leonard Cohen to do it? Its his song. I also liked Adams and Furtado's song

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought - the closing ceremonies will be about hope for the future... I could see Terry Fox making an appearance there...

Didn't know that this was happening. That's a pretty good recognition in it's own right. Do we need to put a Terry Fox touch on everything in the Olympics?

Terry Fox Award

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts