Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who will light the Flame?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In this day and age of Going Green and the Environment, it has to be David Suzuki.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In this day and age of Going Green and the Environment, it has to be David Suzuki.

I think they cancelled the green part out having all those dump trucks driving up and down Cypress with loads of snow...

sincerely,
ULTIMATE IRONY

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other "choices"

Murray Pezim
Bill Vander Zalm
Jas Johal
Hollywood the ref
Father John
Rene
Squire Barnes
Glen Clark
Moe Sihota
Various Vancouver Grizzlies such as Doug West, whom I saw drinking beers till he almost died at the Plaza a few years ago to the dull the pain of being traded to Vancouver.
Stu Jackson
Harold Snepts
Dan Russel
The Pauser, though he may have passed away.
The captain...aye aye and good bye

Anyone I miss?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other "choices"

Murray Pezim
Bill Vander Zalm
Jas Johal
Hollywood the ref
Father John
Rene
Squire Barnes
Glen Clark
Moe Sihota
Various Vancouver Grizzlies such as Doug West, whom I saw drinking beers till he almost died at the Plaza a few years ago to the dull the pain of being traded to vancouver.
Stu Jackson
Harold Snepts
Dan Russel
The Pauser, though he may have passed away.

Anyone I miss?

Ottawapress says Pamela Anderson could be a choice. That would be absolutley shocking, terrible start to the games if that is to happen, which I highly doubt it will. Oh and you forgot John Garrett and Jim Robson, and what about Don Taylor. Don't forget the canadian classic of Stompin Tom Connors :D

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still remember Ali taking the torch in Atlanta and walking up those steps, what a thrill that was, nobody that has been mentioned so far can match that.....unless of course they managed somehow with the hologram to have Tery Fox hand it off to his mom for the final steps, that would be amazing and something people would talk about for years

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Check out where the torch has been. theres been some pretty cool things done with the torch.
But why the hell was it in Ontario for so long? It is Vancouver's Olympics isn't it?

Torch Relay

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
History: Relay, Summer Games
The modern use of the Olympic Flame began in 1936. It coincided with the advent of a long relay of runners carrying torches to bring the flame from Olympia to the site of the games. Once there, the torch is used to light a cauldron that remains lit until it is extinguished in the Closing Ceremony.

1936 Berlin Games
The first such relay took place for the 1936 Berlin Games. Some 3,330 runners brought the flame through Greece, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, Austria, Czechoslovakia, and Germany. Similar relays have taken place for every Summer Game since.

A tradition started by the Nazis ....LOL

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a serious note...The Fox Idea is probably the best Idea since Ali.
Gretzky is to.....well he still smells of Coyote poop.
I would be disapointed if Gretzky was the the lighter...Just to Obvious. With the opening games In China we all saw anything is possable. WOW that was awsome. And Ali in the USA was so very touching and ment something.
Gretzky world be so blah and average. But hey were Canadians and striveing for Mediocrity is our specialty.
Gordie Howe is a better choice than Gretz

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He can't actually light the cauldren, cuz it has to be a real torch to do that, or it's not official i'm guessing, but you could use some sort of computer generated image of Fox, where it appears he runs with the torch to pass on the flame to someone who can. On a bluescreen or something.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betty Fox with the torch passed by Wayne Gretzky or Rick Hansen would be something. Maybe VANOC is keeping it a secret or something. But by picking the Governator as one of the runners, who knows what their thinking. Still trying figure why the Governator is even touching the torch.

Other possible candidates: Larry Walker, Trevor Linden, Steve Nash, Michael J Fox, Rick Hansen, maybe even Joe Sakic.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As voted by canadians on CBC website, here is a list of the top 10 Greatest Canadians:

# Name
1 Tommy Douglas
2 Terry Fox
3 Pierre Elliott Trudeau
4 Sir Frederick Banting
5 David Suzuki
6 Lester B. Pearson
7 Don Cherry
8 Sir John A. Macdonald
9 Alexander Graham Bell
10 Wayne Gretzky

Considering most of them are dead, Wayner looks to be the one.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
As voted by canadians on CBC website, here is a list of the top 10 Greatest Canadians:

# Name
1 Tommy Douglas
2 Terry Fox
3 Pierre Elliott Trudeau
4 Sir Frederick Banting
5 David Suzuki
6 Lester B. Pearson
7 Don Cherry
8 Sir John A. Macdonald
9 Alexander Graham Bell
10 Wayne Gretzky

Considering most of them are dead, Wayner looks to be the one.

DOn Cherry:rolleyes:

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Betty Fox with the torch passed by Wayne Gretzky or Rick Hansen would be something. Maybe VANOC is keeping it a secret or something. But by picking the Governator as one of the runners, who knows what their thinking. Still trying figure why the Governator is even touching the torch.

Other possible candidates: Larry Walker, Trevor Linden, Steve Nash, Michael J Fox, Rick Hansen, maybe even Joe Sakic.

Many reasons for the governator to carry, i to was puzzled but when i actually thought about it i thought it was absolutlely brilliant for business.. The exposer of the governator being sent back to cailfornia is huge for us.. california population same as all of canada plus its a 2.5 hour flight away..
also being married to Mara shriver may play a role in his carrying of the torch Her mother founded the special olympics...

Eunice Kennedy Shriver: One Woman's Vision

Plus Our Premier is looking to get into acting after politics> he had a lot of time to rehearse as premier
:D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0